on 3 August 2010
Perfect!
I lost my cadence magnet and just when I thought I need to fork another £30-£40 to replace the whole thing, I stumbled here. The replacement magnet worked beautifully, and I got RPM reading again, wahey!
On another note, I needed the replacement very urgently for an Ironman race. I emailed the seller and they made sure the kit reached me on time. Couldn't rate it any higher!
on 30 January 2013
Very poor quality plastic that does not have a long life span. If you are riding long distances, in my case for club training, the plastic becomes brittle and breaks off the bike. This has now happened twice whilst I was travelling at speed so unable to find where the magnet had fallen. Though the unit works well if it breaks a third time I will ditch and buy a more reliable product. It is not cost effective to replace so frequently. Garmin need to design a more secure way of attaching the magnets to the bike.
on 28 September 2014
Does exactly what it is meant to BUT the thing to remember is that you only need this if you already lost the original magnets. And then realise that you only lost the original magnets because the design of this component is absolutely rubbish. The cable ties are a nonsense and the sticky pads do nothing. If you do buy one of these, remember to bookmark the page because you will need to come back and get another one in a few months time.
on 28 August 2010
Ordered this along with the cadence meter so as I could attach to second bike great piece of kit and very happy with it.
on 16 August 2015
As other reviewers have said, think about why you are buying a replacement cadence sensor in the first place. Garmin have poorly designed the magnet that 'affixes' with a zip lock & glue to the crank; it can and does fall off. I've bought this replacement a few months after the first fitting it; today I've lost the replacement too.
I advise simply buying a small round magnet to attach to the inside of the crank opposite where the pedal attaches; it will stay there due to magnetism (unless you've aluminium pedals then some glue would be required)
The spoke magnet I've not had any issues with and my original one is still in place after hundreds of miles of riding.
on 2 May 2016
Bought so I could put on my turbo trainer wheel to monitor cadence when on the turbo. It works absolutely fine right from the off, but for what is essentially just a small magnet and some cable-ties, this is over-priced. I only realised when a friend showed he had simply taped a small magnet to his wheel and it worked perfectly fine - otherwise I would have done the same.
Expensive for what it is but does the job.
on 27 September 2010
You get exactly what is shown in the picture, for a great price and with quick delivery too, it's perfect!
I took my Garmin Forerunner 305 from my last bike, but forgot certain key items. Who would have thought that I could replace them easily and cheaply?! Must be that lots of other people forgot these items too.
Thank-you Garmin
on 24 September 2013
The part was a garmin part ,but I did have an issue with the seller and his non existent communication ... If I needed to use the the parts then I'm sure they would be fine and the price was fair as well ...
on 20 January 2013
Arrived within 2 days on free delivery. Magnet for crank arm & spokes & additional ties for both cadence unit & crank arm. Exactly what I neede to transfer my cadence unit to new bike