5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain
Very impressed with this TV. Picture is top-class and have no complaints about the sound (though I've hooked mine up to a surround system). As of yet I have no HD devices to try out but DVDs look great. Also, the appearance is very nicely finished, looks like it should cost much more than 380. A real bargain!

N.B.: The power cable supplied has a continental...
Published on 27 April 2007 by Cilly McK

2.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bought only lasted for 18 months then verything started going wrong with tv...NOT AT ALL HELPFUL NO REFUND NOTHING BY MEANS OF CONTACT.....will never buy electrical goods from amazon again......rubbish customer care rubbish service...unrepairable according to our houseinsurance the inverter panel had gone unreplaceable....TAKEAWAY FROM THIS MAKE OF TV OTHERWISE YOU WILL...
Published on 14 Dec 2008 by POLLY POCKET FANS

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain, 27 April 2007
Cilly McK (Armagh, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Viewpia LC-32IEE4 - 32" Widescreen HD Ready LCD Television - With HDMI (Electronics)

N.B.: The power cable supplied has a continental plug. You will need to get a Schuko plug adaptor. Can pick one up at most electrical stores for about a fiver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 17 April 2007
C. Harper "HARPzC 23" (UK - Newcastle) - See all my reviews
This TV is excellent. I have got my Xbox 360 and my HD DVD drive hooked up. The picture quaity is very good! The look of the TV is very nice. It is an excellent TV for this price, i would highly recommend this TV to anyone who is looking for a cheap HD ready TV. Honestly i looked all over the high streets like dixons,currys etc, but they were expensive. i stuck with amazon as usual and got a great deal. i am very happy with the service aswell, as it got delivered 2 days later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Viewpia LC-32IEE4 - 32" Widescreen set up, 21 April 2007
K. R. Weston - See all my reviews
All arrived safe using next day delivery: Out of the box and setting up was quick, when using sky, dvd player and recorder fitted to TV using scart connector used via the remote. The set has 2 scarts, 1 s-video, RGB and a further connection on the side of the set. Do read the manual.

The quality is a black finish and looks silky. The lcd quality is good picture quality. No pixels missing. Adjust the colour settings etc and the picture quality improves when using Sky. The dvd player gives an excellent picture via s-video lead. HMDI not checked for quality yet. The remote control, buttons and menu system are good and easy to follow. A very good spec for the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality you can afford!, 18 Dec 2006
Really pleased with this product. I was a little scared when I first connected it and turned it on as everything was pixelated and there was no sound...then I pushed the scart lead in...and it worked brillantly.

You'll need to adjust the contrast and colour but once you have, you have a clear, crisp picture.

Friends of mine have spent a lot more money than this on LCD's and have been disapointed with theirs. I'm not disapointed at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice HDTV, 9 May 2007
R. Ahmed "yothereyo" (UK) - See all my reviews
The HDTV is very nice with all the right connections that I need.
The qualtiy is excellent, has built in speakers which is quite nice too.
The stand is kind of integrated into the unit itself. Did come with a two prong plug, not a problem as I already had spare pc lead, which does the same job.

I have hooked up my Playstation 3 using HDMI cable and PC using standard VGA cable, switching between the two is a breeze with the remote.

This telly is definitely worth [...]. For this price you are not going to get a HDTV at 32inch anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!!!!, 24 April 2007
T. Carter (Bahrain) - See all my reviews
I was shopping around for my first HD TV and came across this one. what can i say, i use it for my xbox 360 and find the picture quality incredible and the sound not too bad. The PIP (picture in picture) function is very enjoyable.

the only problem i have is that the batteries in the remote were dead when they arrived, and also it did not come with a uk standard plug it was just luck that i had one around my house.

but all round fantastic value for money.

would highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Best Buy!, 20 Jun 2007
Ordered this on a Sunday night, arrived early Tuesday morning so hats off to Amazon for great delivery!

The TV itself looks a lot better than the price would have you believe. It seems to be made of quality material with a very smooth finish. It certainly has the looks!

In terms of performance, sound is adequate, but if you want serious quality sound you will have a 5.1 system connected anyway... so it's largely irrelevant. Picture is good, although time will be needed to set up correctly. The multiple input options are impressive again especially for the price. Set-up was nearly instantaneous.

All in all... absolute bargain! Truely recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain buy with very litle down side, 18 Jun 2007
N. G. Wells - See all my reviews
After looking very hard for a well priced LCD TV, I found this. Basically its the chepest I could find on the market for a 32".

Having read the reviews my only real concern was the low contrast rating, but this should not be a concern if your purchasing it.

Its a great unit worth every penny and then some, dont be scared to buy the cheapest sometimes it pays off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and more than worth the money, 30 Jun 2007
Chris J. Molloy "ThinkerCM" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
Very impressed by the quality of this unit, the number of connectors is a major upside, I used to have a three way switching SCART box, but I don't need it now, I've plugged all my gear into this TV and still have the DVI and HDMI connectors free, so plenty of room for an HD player and/or games console or PC.

The picture quality is very good, although at the manufacturers settings it is quite dark, but it can easily be fixed with some fiddling with Contrast and Brightness etc..

The TV is quite easy to use, although the instruction manual is quite flaky on the details, it tells you how to change something (which is the easy part) but doesn't actually tell you what changing that particular option does, so if there is anything you're not sure about it's not really worth going to the manual.

I don't know if it's the same with all LCD TV's, but this one and the Samsung I have can't be turned off completely, they only go into standby mode, that said, LCD TV's generally use up between a quarter and half of the power of a normal CRT TV. In addition, when in standby LCD TV's use about 1-2% of the energy they do when turned on, whilst CRT's in standby use almost as much energy as they do when they're on.

I wouldn't suggest hanging it on a wall, with the built in stand it would look a little silly if hung high up and I still don't think it would look right hung at a low level. So I've stuck mine on a floating shelf where it looks fantastic.

This TV is excellent for the price, quality and size so the dodgy manual can be forgiven.

4.0 out of 5 stars What more could you want?, 30 Jun 2007
M. Rollin (England) - See all my reviews
A lot of people have written reviews of this TV saying how good it is and I'm not going to argue, but here are some facts that may influence your buying decision.

Let's start with the price. It was a bargain when I bought it but now at 359 it's one of the cheapest TVs you can buy anywhere.

I had next day delivery with the first class option and the unit now comes with a standard 3 pin plug, so no need to buy an adaptor as some other reviewers mentioned.

The picture options are as good as they come. 4:3, 14:9, 16:9, 2 zoom settings and 'Spectacle', which basically maintains the 4:3 format in the middle but then stretches the edges of the picture to fill the huge screen. The picture quality is great. I haven't got an HD set up so the only downfall of having a picture this good is that it can highlight the poor quality of the broadcast, but you'd get that with whichever TV you buy.

If you ever suffer the problem of the sun creeping across your old CRT telly, then you'll never need to worry about this again. Sunlight seems to disappear into the screen. The picture remains clear and bright, whatever the lighting conditions.

I found the sound a bit tinny, but fortunately you can set up your own preferences. It's now much improved and OK for day to day watching but if you want to enjoy a DVD I'd still recommend a good 5:1 setup. The advertised Surround Sound feature isn't really worth using.

The options for connecting your other equipment are probably more than you'd need, including 2 scarts, A/V input, component and even an old fashioned R/F aerial socket (although it took me a while to find it!)

So why not 5 stars? To be honest there are a couple of minor drawbacks. The first thing I noticed was trouble playing my X-Box games. I thought it might be a problem with the X-Box which is quite old now, but after bringing my Dreamcast out of retirement I discovered the problem seems to be that the TV can't display games at 60Hz. This can be remedied though by switching to 50Hz mode on the console. The quality is still great (especially when I compare it to playing on my old faithful 20" TV).

My second problem is that, at the moment, the TV is not recognised by the Sky Remote Control. As I said these are MINOR problems.

My final gripe is that there is no off button! I don't like leaving TVs on standby as it's well documented how much energy this drains, but with this TV you don't have a choice unless you want to switch the set off at the wall.

All in all though I'd still thoroughly recommend this TV. Remember, a lot of TVs the same size are considerably more expensive mainly because they're brand names, but sometimes it's worth a gamble - I bought my fridge ten years ago when LG were just a couple of letters of the alphabet, but I've never looked back!!!