5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing Slumber Bear......
Published on 17 April 2009 by Amille

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but flawed execution, cannot be trusted to work!
Published 2 months ago by Mr Robert W O'Neill

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing Slumber Bear......, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink) (Baby Product)
I purchased this bear when my baby was 7 weeks old as she could not settle to sleep easily. We use the sound unit strapped to the cot on its own as the bear is a bit cumbersome. We did not see a magic cure of instant calming as soon as the monitor went on,as I had hoped, but she did start to settle better within the first two weeks of using it. Now at 3 months old she starts to wake, the unit activates and she is comforted and can sleep for 30 mins longer, so it works wonders for us, I also find the sound soothing and it helps me sleep after a night time feed. I would definitely recommend this bear and will be purchasing as gifts for pregnant friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaver!, 11 Mar. 2009
I. Shirlaw "Blue1s" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
New baby? Sleepless nights? Then this is the answer - it really does work. After many sleepless nights and a couple of other products we stumbled accross this, and boy are we glad we did.

If you have a new baby, or have one due then make this one purchase. You will not regret. We have found the white noise works best, and sends the little one back off to sleep so easily. Now we have sleep filled nights, well, if he wasn't hungry.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Ted, 14 Aug. 2009
K. Rowley "Kate" (Sandhurst, Berks) - See all my reviews
I was very skeptical when I bought this as I thought it sounded too good to be true, however.......IT WORKS!! I love it and its the best thing I have bought since falling pregnant. My son (6 weeks) was waking in the night for a feed and then not going back to sleep. It was so draining, I was not sleeping and on the verge of tears all the time. Then Slumber bear (or Super ted as I now call him) was delivered and its like he casts a magic spell over him. We have only used the womb setting as it works and 5/10 mins after setting it off my son is asleep - as he is now thanks to super ted. I have heard that it doesn't work for everyone, but I would certainly give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 8 Nov. 2009
This product is amazing.
We had an eight week old baby who wasn't sleeping and thought, what the hell, we will try anything! Within a few nights we could see her settle. She ended up having a stay in hospital at 10 weeks old and this helped to settle her in the different environment. We have the unit taken out of the bear as there is not enough room in the moses basket, but when she goes in to her cot, plan to put it back into the bear. At 15 weeks now, she goes into her moses basket awake and drifts off to sleep to the noise of the fetal sound. fantastic and would recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars God send., 21 Nov. 2009
I bought this as a last resort to our lack of sleep and it works a treat. Our 7 week old loves white noise to help settle her. We were just playing it on a portable radio but the problem was switching it off. We started using a dummy but then she got dummy dependant and was only fine so long as it was in her mouth. Now we have a slumber bear I put the unit next to her in the cot and when she makes a noise it triggers automatically and then stays on for 5 minutes. It has definitely reduced the need for the dummy and is better than having the radio on all night. She actually seems to prefer the womb noise to the white noise. I also use the lullaby setting while I am changing her nappy and sing a long to it and it always makes her smile.
In summary - I would definitely advise a slumber bear. I now get to sleep for 7 hours at night without getting up to put the dummy back in every hour.

4.0 out of 5 stars I lkie it, but my daughter didn't!, 9 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink) (Baby Product)
After reading lots of promising reviews about this product I brought for my 4 week old daughter. Although she was quite a good sleeper at night, during the evening she would only settle on me. I brought this bear in the hope that she would settle easier but she had other ideas.
The minute I put the bear on she was wide awake and looking about as if to say 'What the hell is that noise?' I turned the control panel down but she still looked petrified.
The bear is nice and the delivery was quick but my cheeky little madam just didn't like it! 2 weeks later she settles on her own (most of the time!). I wish I would have waited before buying!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but flawed execution, cannot be trusted to work!, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink) (Baby Product)
This started off great - our baby loved the soothing womb noise and rifted off to sleep. However I paid close attention the first time I used it to see exactly when it turns back on - what level of noise or movement. I watched my baby stir, moan for a minute or so then cry in quite a soft voice and the unit didn't restart. This was very concerning for me as my baby doesn't ever tend to wail at the top of his lungs but it doesn't mean he doesn't need to be soothed.

The other trigger, movement, is also highly temperamental. Not only is the idea rather flawed (where should you position the unit for it to feel movements - attach it to the baby's leg?! The crib obviously doesn't move) and in the 2 weeks I have owned it I have never seen the baby's movement set it off, but when I am sitting next to the baby in his cot I often have to vigorously shake the unit in order for it to restart. The batteries are brand new.

Finally, when the unit does come back on it repeatedly comes on with a different tune to that which it played previously. My baby loves the womb sound and he usually settles quickly when it is playing. However if the unit manages to restart itself upon noise or movement it restarts with the noise of ocean waves or white noise which is far louder than the womb noise and startles the baby.

Overall while the idea is great the execution is poor which undermines the whole thing. it is supposed to provide comfort for the baby and reassurance for the parent but as you can't be certain it will even work it does neither.

1.0 out of 5 stars Works for toddlers too! But unreliable, very disappointed., 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink) (Baby Product)
March 2013: I ordered this bear as I was willing to try anything to get my 13 month old to sleep better at night! From the very first night the improvement was amazing! For the first time in many, many months she stayed in her own cot until around 4am! (normally we've given in and brought her in with us by midnight, at the latest!) The improvement hasn't always been maintained at this impresive level since, but the major improvement has been that we no longer have to pace up and down, or bounce her up and down to stem her cries, 'Silkie' does that for us! My Daughter's favourite sound effect is the wave setting, and she responds immediately the recording starts. The other momentous improvement is that we've been able to put her down in her cot awake with the waves playing. We have NEVER been able to do this before. In short.....well worth a try!!!

Unfortunately, when the batteries ran out and needed replacing, the soundbox stopped working all together. We returned the bear and got a replacement. The same thing happened again, so we gave up.

November 2014: Recently, still having problems with our now nearly 3 year old, I thought it was worth another try. I looked at this bear again and saw the note from the manufacturer, that the battery problem had been solved. I was so pleased, and enthusiastically ordered another bear. Unfortunately, my enthusiasm and anticipation of a good night's sleep (at long last) was short lived. The first bear we had was perfect at settling our Daughter, as the waves started to play every time she cried. This new bear, however, just played any of the sounds.....it was pot luck which one played each time. At nearly 3 years old, she didn't want to hear womb sounds, they freaked her out! Soooooooooooo disappointed, as there is no similar, sound activated, product on the market. It is a fantastic concept, that is absolutely life changing for sleep-deprived parents, but only when it works as it should!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 26 Dec. 2013
Excellent and very useful. My baby calms down very quickly, especially the waves and womb noise work nicely. Worth buying.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very demanding product! Poor implementation, 23 May 2013
M. Mesrobian "MM" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink) (Baby Product)
I got this item on the recommendation of a night nanny and I have to say it is a great concept and when it works, it is great. But I found this product very demanding in battery usage. We only use it at nights and within couple of weeks, it was making a crackling sound, we thought it would be the battery, so we tried to replace it. While unscrewing the little battery screw, the knot behind it fell off into the unit and after few attempts, we finally managed to get it out and found it is now broken as there is no way to get the knot back in without taking the whole unit apart. So we resorted to use a asking tape to hold the battery cover in place. Few weeks on, and the unit is making the same crackling sound so need to change battery again. Also, the lullaby button is not playing anything anymore..what a poor product. It has just been 30 days since our purchase so can't return it via amazon. Need to contact manufacturer and hope something could be done to get a replacement,

Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink)