5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing Slumber Bear......
Published on 17 April 2009 by Amille

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but flawed execution, cannot be trusted to work!
Published 4 months ago by Mr Robert W O'Neill

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing Slumber Bear......, 17 April 2009
This review is from: Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink) (Baby Product)
I purchased this bear when my baby was 7 weeks old as she could not settle to sleep easily. We use the sound unit strapped to the cot on its own as the bear is a bit cumbersome. We did not see a magic cure of instant calming as soon as the monitor went on,as I had hoped, but she did start to settle better within the first two weeks of using it. Now at 3 months old she starts to wake, the unit activates and she is comforted and can sleep for 30 mins longer, so it works wonders for us, I also find the sound soothing and it helps me sleep after a night time feed. I would definitely recommend this bear and will be purchasing as gifts for pregnant friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lifesaver!, 11 Mar. 2009
I. Shirlaw "Blue1s" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
New baby? Sleepless nights? Then this is the answer - it really does work. After many sleepless nights and a couple of other products we stumbled accross this, and boy are we glad we did.

If you have a new baby, or have one due then make this one purchase. You will not regret. We have found the white noise works best, and sends the little one back off to sleep so easily. Now we have sleep filled nights, well, if he wasn't hungry.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but flawed execution, cannot be trusted to work!, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink) (Baby Product)
This started off great - our baby loved the soothing womb noise and rifted off to sleep. However I paid close attention the first time I used it to see exactly when it turns back on - what level of noise or movement. I watched my baby stir, moan for a minute or so then cry in quite a soft voice and the unit didn't restart. This was very concerning for me as my baby doesn't ever tend to wail at the top of his lungs but it doesn't mean he doesn't need to be soothed.

The other trigger, movement, is also highly temperamental. Not only is the idea rather flawed (where should you position the unit for it to feel movements - attach it to the baby's leg?! The crib obviously doesn't move) and in the 2 weeks I have owned it I have never seen the baby's movement set it off, but when I am sitting next to the baby in his cot I often have to vigorously shake the unit in order for it to restart. The batteries are brand new.

Finally, when the unit does come back on it repeatedly comes on with a different tune to that which it played previously. My baby loves the womb sound and he usually settles quickly when it is playing. However if the unit manages to restart itself upon noise or movement it restarts with the noise of ocean waves or white noise which is far louder than the womb noise and startles the baby.

Overall while the idea is great the execution is poor which undermines the whole thing. it is supposed to provide comfort for the baby and reassurance for the parent but as you can't be certain it will even work it does neither.

5.0 out of 5 stars God send., 21 Nov. 2009
I bought this as a last resort to our lack of sleep and it works a treat. Our 7 week old loves white noise to help settle her. We were just playing it on a portable radio but the problem was switching it off. We started using a dummy but then she got dummy dependant and was only fine so long as it was in her mouth. Now we have a slumber bear I put the unit next to her in the cot and when she makes a noise it triggers automatically and then stays on for 5 minutes. It has definitely reduced the need for the dummy and is better than having the radio on all night. She actually seems to prefer the womb noise to the white noise. I also use the lullaby setting while I am changing her nappy and sing a long to it and it always makes her smile.
In summary - I would definitely advise a slumber bear. I now get to sleep for 7 hours at night without getting up to put the dummy back in every hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 8 Nov. 2009
This product is amazing.
We had an eight week old baby who wasn't sleeping and thought, what the hell, we will try anything! Within a few nights we could see her settle. She ended up having a stay in hospital at 10 weeks old and this helped to settle her in the different environment. We have the unit taken out of the bear as there is not enough room in the moses basket, but when she goes in to her cot, plan to put it back into the bear. At 15 weeks now, she goes into her moses basket awake and drifts off to sleep to the noise of the fetal sound. fantastic and would recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 26 Dec. 2013
Excellent and very useful. My baby calms down very quickly, especially the waves and womb noise work nicely. Worth buying.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat but then...., 24 July 2012
Was working great then sound went wonky thought it was maybe the cheap batteries that came with it so bought energisers but no luck sound part has packed in after 2 and a half weeks use!! Because we bought it before the wee man came along now we can't return it as its outside 30 days! Not happy at all!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Ted, 14 Aug. 2009
K. Rowley "Kate" (Sandhurst, Berks) - See all my reviews
I was very skeptical when I bought this as I thought it sounded too good to be true, however.......IT WORKS!! I love it and its the best thing I have bought since falling pregnant. My son (6 weeks) was waking in the night for a feed and then not going back to sleep. It was so draining, I was not sleeping and on the verge of tears all the time. Then Slumber bear (or Super ted as I now call him) was delivered and its like he casts a magic spell over him. We have only used the womb setting as it works and 5/10 mins after setting it off my son is asleep - as he is now thanks to super ted. I have heard that it doesn't work for everyone, but I would certainly give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing for us all., 9 May 2013
We came across this on Amazon and read the reviews closely. After six months of sleepless nights and out of desperation we decided to purchase it. The first night was an improvement but we found that the sound emitted by the unit was too muffled when inside the bear. We took it out and secured the unit to the cot rails away from the baby. The effect has been truly life changing for all of us. Our baby still occasionally wakes but the unit switches itself on immediately and our baby goes straight back to sleep. Apart from the pre-recorded sounds on the unit you can also record your own. A great investment. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helps my little girl, 4 Jun. 2013
Mr AJP "I love tech" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink) (Baby Product)
We bought these to help my little girl get used to the real world, and the white noise these make really helps.

The motion detectors kick this into action when she wakes up and if the batteries are working it soothes her and sends her to sleep.

You can adjust the volume and these make a few different noises, although I don't know if we have a faulty unit as the nursery rhymes are just bursts of noise on one.

The bear and blanket are good quality but she's only four months so she doesn't really appreciate them yet, but give it time :)

In fact these are that good that we bought two :)

Prince Lionheart Slumber Bear Plus (Pink)
Used & New from: £20.00