on 5 January 2007
This was an excellent Christmas present and now sits proudly on my desk. At present I am using CF and XD cards having copied files from my camera and PC. It is an easy to operate piece of equipment giving a high quality picture. It has simple menus and is sturdily built. I would happily recommend this to friends and colleagues without reservation.

The manual states that it supports pictures up to 12 million pixels. The maximum I have used is 9 million, without any problem. Equally photos with 3 and 6 million display well.

Regardless of what camera you have I would recommend buying 1gb SD cards from Amazon at under £6 and use thes as the source, having copied the photos from the PC.
on 18 December 2006
I have bought this as a Christmas present (hope my Mum and Dad dont read this before the 25th !) Like most they have plenty of the photos on their camera and PC and this drives my Mum mad - particularly when the printer they use doesnt produce the best results.

This digital photo frame looks pretty impressive, nice size screen - looks about the same size as a standard 6x4 photo - the changeable inserts make the whole thing sound a bit creaky to touch - but I guess you wont be holding it for long.

The menu is easy to use but I couldnt find a way to put in my Sony Memory Stick despite what it says above !

Connection to the PC was simple, I transfered about ten photos of my family (part of the gift!!) - the display was clear and sharp - some photos looked a little blurred but that may have been more about the resolution of the photo, than the frame itself - no messing around resizing any of them. For some reason black/dark photos seems to have a white one pixel border around them - which distrupts the effect of the black frame bezel - nothing serious though.

I have seen the Philips version (£140>) and this is comparable, so worth a try. The integrated memory means no addition memory cards to buy (at least not this year!!).
on 14 March 2007
We bought two of these, one for myself (a birthday present) and one for my father-in-law (also a birthday present). It was a greatfully received present. We took lots of photos of the b'day party and then could transfer the CF card from the camera into the frame before handing the present over. An immediate success, the recipient was delighted with the gift. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this for others as a gift.
on 26 August 2007
Memory card fits in perfectly provided you have the right type eg. the right type of sony card, since sony change their format so often. Couldn't be easier to use, the ability to play mp3 during a slideshow is a nice added feature, as is the changeable surround (silver/black).
Up close the resolution isn't great, a bit pixelly, but from a metre or more away (where you'll likely be watching the show anyway) it's fine.
Would easily recommend.
on 30 January 2007
I bought this product for my wife for Xmas.

She really liked the product. The frame looks sufficiently sturdy and stylish and the slide show looked good.

The big problem was trying to get a memory card to work. I tried a small memory card from my mobile, which never seemd to work or fit in properly and wasn't recognised.

I then invested in the larger card (MMC?) which was recognised, but the photo frame would not install.

The standard memory would only hold 2 mp3 tracks and about 50 smallish photos, so reluctantly I had to return it for a refund. A shame really.