5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain!
My old Wii, like many others, has been languishing in the loft for a couple of years. I decided to dig it out and see whether any of the more recent releases had improved.

Published on 4 Mar 2012 by Straightforward

1.0 out of 5 stars Risky
Published on 26 May 2010 by Mr. Ralph Schmidt

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain!, 4 Mar 2012
This review is from: Scart Adaptor with 3 Phono Sockets (Audio Video In) - Black (Electronics)

BUT before I could get it fired up and playing, I encountered a problem: my new space-age TV doesn't talk to old outmoded electrical equipment; it has a scart lead. Two, actually. It has HDMI. It has a nice socket through which it can communicte to intelligent, modern devices via the internet. It even has a USB socket. But it doen't have composite RCA-style ports, which are what my Wii has at the end of it's A/V out leads.

The only solution seemed to be to buy one of Nintendo's expensive propreitory scart leads, which I hate doing; proprietory cables and sockets should be illegal in my book!!! Luckily for me, this little bit of plastic popped up on Amazon just at the right time. It does everything I wanted, and I now have Wii on my TV.

My one has an 'in/out' switch on it, which should be set to 'in'.

And no, the games haven't got better!

1.0 out of 5 stars Risky, 26 May 2010
Mr. Ralph Schmidt (U.K.) - See all my reviews
I ordered this item and it got promptly delivered. I know the price was cheap and I hoped to be able to use it for at least a couple of months before it broke, however the state of this item is unacceptable. The Metal bit which is supposed to fit into my TV slides inside the plastic case when low pressure is applied, thus it is impossible to fit it into the scart socket. A bit of glue can solve this problem however this should not happen. To be fair I would not even have mind it, if the provider would have glued it on him/her self, as long as it works. I have not tried to return this item as it is not worth the effort to get 2 pounds back.

In conclusion

I might just have been unlucky, and the price is unbeatable. If you like to take a little risk and like thrills in life go ahead and order it, if not just go to your local store and buy one there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job no problem at all, 31 Dec 2009
Rob Arnold (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great item, I used one of these to connect my Playstation 2 to the Scart socket after I lost the original adapter.
It works great, as advertised - no problems at all. *****

5.0 out of 5 stars they work, 18 Feb 2014
C. J. Fraser - See all my reviews
you plug it in, you connect the wires, you switch it on, it works. nice price, quick delivery. not much more to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 2 Jan 2014
I needed one of these to plug into the back of my old tv and amazon was the only place that I could find that sells these. Ver, very good price for an item that is just as good as ones that cost £10. The build quality of it isn't amazing but it works and for the price you pay you can't ask for much more really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we needed at a good price!, 30 Dec 2013
Jersey Customer (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
We have recently upgraded our Sky box to a Sky HD box, and the new set-up had the unfortunately knock-on effect of making our Wii only play in black and white for some games. Apparently this is a common problem when other hardware is upgraded, so my very tech-savvy children had already found out what was needed to put it right, so a quick search on amazon meant it was an easy problem to solve. The price is excellent - the same solution could have been purchased locally, but they wanted close to £10 for it! Very often you can find the exact same thing for a fraction of the price on amazon (I once purchased a USB cable for 1p, with £1 P&P on amazon, against the local telecoms shop which wanted £16 for the same thing - bonkers!!). So, even though we had to wait a few days (delayed by the Christmas post, obviously) we got what we needed for no P&P and under £2 - definitely worth a few days of black and white Wii games, and not worth buying locally to get colour any quicker! The adapter was so easy to fit and use the children did it themselves. If you encounter the same problem with your Wii (and, I'm assuming, other games consoles, although we don't have any others ourselves) in similar circumstances to us after a Sky box upgrade, then look no further!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this purchase, 28 July 2014
Paul Lawrance "bath sat" (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this purchase. Bought a second NOW TV box for a non HDMI plasma TV and didn't fancy having three video/audio cables going into sockets located under the screen. This adapter means I can connect the cables to a spare SCART socket hidden around the back so it is more slightly. Excellent picture quality. Good speed of delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Excellent service. Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now watching sky., 8 Jun 2014
I bought a new tv for my bedroom and unfortunately it did have a scart connection, only an av one. Luckily I got this bad boy and can now watch friends again!
The order came within a few days and wasn't damaged or anything. Can't fault the seller.
I'm a happy bunny!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to Use, 29 May 2014
Unfortunately on receiving my item the scart adaptor did not work in my tv so the item is nye on useless to me.