5.0 out of 5 stars Buy cheap - buy twice
Having recently taken up photography for a hobby I wanted something to protect my lens from accidental fingerprints, water drops or worse.
Initially I just wanted something cheap for this and bought a supposed 'genuine' lesser known filter on ebay - it was total rubbish and was thrown away.
This filter is very well made, produces very good results and is very...
Published on 14 Mar. 2010 by Ashley H

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a UV filter, but . . . . .
As a UV filter its great, but I have just discovered that it doesn't have a screw thread on the front, so you can't attach another filter (maybe a ND) or a screw on lens hood onto the front of it. Hopefully this won't be an issue, as I will probably be using this lens indoors and I will be using this mainly as a lens protector..
Published 9 months ago by Ramblin' Pete

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy cheap - buy twice, 14 Mar. 2010
This filter is very well made, produces very good results and is very shallow - good for ultra-wide lenses.
Unlike the next level up of Hoya filter this one has a screw thread at the front which is important if you still need to use a 'pinch' lens cap that grips the thread.
A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Permanent lens protection, 12 May 2010
Chrymas (E R Yorks UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a higher end filter. Fitted to a lens I have not noticed any reduction in lens performance. I now have all my lenses fitted with Hoya UV Pro filters, these add protection to expensive lenses and also help in keeping the main lens clear of dust, hair, water/moister and general bits that try to settle on lenses. If you are paying out for a lens it makes sense as an additional protection. The pro filters have a thin profile and on my lenses do not cause any vignetting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya pro 1 UV FILTER, 4 Jan. 2010
Mr. L. V. Williams (Newcastle UK) - See all my reviews
Quality filter at a great price, less than half what I would have paid at my local dealers
what more can I say, top gear, top value, it doesn't get any better!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Price & Good Filter, 6 Oct. 2009
Misbah Tariq - See all my reviews
Got this as a lens protector. It's multicoated, low profile and does the job without costing the earth. Works well, and I can see the difference when not using the filter in a really sunny day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya Pro 1 Digital UV Filters, 8 Mar. 2010
N. Tyler (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A very good UV filter - and reasonably priced on Amazon (let's face it, the best part of £30 for a what looks like a smallish single piece of glass shouldn't be referred to as "cheap").

Very clear with no effect on focussing whatsoever. Has a noticeable impact on (for example) the colour of the sky on clear days, plus it provides that all-important lens protection.

I've been so impressed with the performance that I've now bought the same type of filter (of different sizes) for my other two Canon lenses.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality item, 1 Jun. 2010
Mr. M. Greenley (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
A low profile, top quality filter. If you're buying an expensive lens, this should be your first choice for a UV filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Sept. 2010
This filter was bought as a protector for my lens, it is excellent for what it was purchased for, it feels a good quality so good that l purchased the same make for my other lenses, it allows me to screw other filters on to it leaving the UV on at all times. I purchased a lens cleaner and cloths recomended by reviewers which was not good for the UV filters leaving them with a hazy film, l was advised by my local camera shop to use a mild washing up detergent and warm water it worked a treet they are now lovely and clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine but cleaning it is a pain, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Hoya 62mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter (Accessory)
Received well packaged, very promptly, and no complaints about the quality.
My only observation is after quickly getting dust on it I made the mistake of wiping it with a microfibre cloth. That shouldn't have been a mistake but all of a sudden I was creating smears somehow on the new type of filter surface. What a nightmare to get clean again. (And yes my cloth was clean).
I seem to recall reading somewhere about this type of hoya filter coating being like this, and I also seem to recall reading that smears like this are there on most filters after you've cleaned them, but you just can't seem them as easily.
Bought for protection of a lens mainly and not had much of a chance to use it but I shall update if these 'marks' cause any problems with the images.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 18 Feb. 2011
Unless you are an optician, how is the average photographer-in-the-street to best decide among the myriad of filters on the market? So, I went for a well-established make and a Pro model on the basis that thinner glass is better (less if any vignetting). What can I say: it screws onto the lens (Canon EF-S 18-200mm IS), without problem; you could screw another filter onto it; the glass does not rattle around, and I've noticed no strangeness with the images produced. I wanted protection for the lens, besides the UV filtering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent filter, 30 April 2010
Excellent lens. It is a UV filter so nothing special as is there mainly for protection and weather sealing. It does however have a screw thread on both sides which allows me to stack filters so i can use my polariser ( Hoya 77mm Circular Polarising Filter ) at the same time. It is generally not advisable to stack filters, but I find it is always handy to have the option to do this and retains my weather sealing at all times