4.7 out of 5 stars1,198
Size: 67 mm|Change

on 4 January 2010
Quality filter at a great price, less than half what I would have paid at my local dealers
what more can I say, top gear, top value, it doesn't get any better!!
on 14 March 2010
Having recently taken up photography for a hobby I wanted something to protect my lens from accidental fingerprints, water drops or worse.
Initially I just wanted something cheap for this and bought a supposed 'genuine' lesser known filter on ebay - it was total rubbish and was thrown away.
This filter is very well made, produces very good results and is very shallow - good for ultra-wide lenses.
Unlike the next level up of Hoya filter this one has a screw thread at the front which is important if you still need to use a 'pinch' lens cap that grips the thread.
A good buy.
0Comment|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 12 May 2010
This is a higher end filter. Fitted to a lens I have not noticed any reduction in lens performance. I now have all my lenses fitted with Hoya UV Pro filters, these add protection to expensive lenses and also help in keeping the main lens clear of dust, hair, water/moister and general bits that try to settle on lenses. If you are paying out for a lens it makes sense as an additional protection. The pro filters have a thin profile and on my lenses do not cause any vignetting.
55 comments|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2010
A low profile, top quality filter. If you're buying an expensive lens, this should be your first choice for a UV filter.
on 8 March 2010
A very good UV filter - and reasonably priced on Amazon (let's face it, the best part of £30 for a what looks like a smallish single piece of glass shouldn't be referred to as "cheap").

Very clear with no effect on focussing whatsoever. Has a noticeable impact on (for example) the colour of the sky on clear days, plus it provides that all-important lens protection.

I've been so impressed with the performance that I've now bought the same type of filter (of different sizes) for my other two Canon lenses.

Highly recommended.
on 30 April 2010
Excellent lens. It is a UV filter so nothing special as is there mainly for protection and weather sealing. It does however have a screw thread on both sides which allows me to stack filters so i can use my polariser ( Hoya 77mm Circular Polarising Filter ) at the same time. It is generally not advisable to stack filters, but I find it is always handy to have the option to do this and retains my weather sealing at all times
on 28 September 2010
This filter was bought as a protector for my lens, it is excellent for what it was purchased for, it feels a good quality so good that l purchased the same make for my other lenses, it allows me to screw other filters on to it leaving the UV on at all times. I purchased a lens cleaner and cloths recomended by reviewers which was not good for the UV filters leaving them with a hazy film, l was advised by my local camera shop to use a mild washing up detergent and warm water it worked a treet they are now lovely and clean.
on 6 October 2009
Got this as a lens protector. It's multicoated, low profile and does the job without costing the earth. Works well, and I can see the difference when not using the filter in a really sunny day.
on 2 September 2012
It works well as a protector for your lens. Build and glass quality seems good. I couldn't really quantify the difference between this and a cheaper filter in terms of quality and reflection reduction from the multicoating, but I couldn't notice any change in the image.

The pack I received had a plastic corner (from the 2 C-shaped edges surrounding the lens) that was broken and loose inside the pack - luckily it was moving on the outside of the filter, so the glass was not affected. However it makes me wonder how could it break like that. The pack was perfectly intact from the outside.

The filter is also not as thin as it appears from the photo. Actually, the photo appears quite deceiving, I think it's a photo of the filter with a larger diameter (with the number in mm cancelled in the photo) which makes it look thinner (all filter sizes having the same width). The width of this filter is just the same as a standard Hoya UV 46mm that I had on my previous camera (that's around 4mm excluding the threading), so I'm not quite sure how is this supposed to be thinner. I'm putting my own photo so that you can see how it actually looks like.

Also, beware of fakes! Mine was genuine, but there are loads of fake Hoya around. Check the package (I found it difficult to find the photos of the official packages - I'm putting up my own then).
review image review image review image
on 25 May 2010
Excellent buy, superb quality and the lowest price on the net from Amazon.
I use it on a Canon L series lens so I needed top quality, I've not been disappointed.