5.0 out of 5 stars Buy cheap - buy twice
Having recently taken up photography for a hobby I wanted something to protect my lens from accidental fingerprints, water drops or worse.
Initially I just wanted something cheap for this and bought a supposed 'genuine' lesser known filter on ebay - it was total rubbish and was thrown away.
This filter is very well made, produces very good results and is very...
Published on 14 Mar. 2010 by Ashley H

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a UV filter, but . . . . .
As a UV filter its great, but I have just discovered that it doesn't have a screw thread on the front, so you can't attach another filter (maybe a ND) or a screw on lens hood onto the front of it. Hopefully this won't be an issue, as I will probably be using this lens indoors and I will be using this mainly as a lens protector..
Published 7 months ago by Ramblin' Pete

‹ Previous | 1 2 387 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems fine but cleaning it is a pain, 30 Dec. 2011
Received well packaged, very promptly, and no complaints about the quality.
My only observation is after quickly getting dust on it I made the mistake of wiping it with a microfibre cloth. That shouldn't have been a mistake but all of a sudden I was creating smears somehow on the new type of filter surface. What a nightmare to get clean again. (And yes my cloth was clean).
I seem to recall reading somewhere about this type of hoya filter coating being like this, and I also seem to recall reading that smears like this are there on most filters after you've cleaned them, but you just can't seem them as easily.
Bought for protection of a lens mainly and not had much of a chance to use it but I shall update if these 'marks' cause any problems with the images.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent filter, 30 April 2010
Excellent lens. It is a UV filter so nothing special as is there mainly for protection and weather sealing. It does however have a screw thread on both sides which allows me to stack filters so i can use my polariser ( Hoya 77mm Circular Polarising Filter ) at the same time. It is generally not advisable to stack filters, but I find it is always handy to have the option to do this and retains my weather sealing at all times

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, 28 Jun. 2010
S. K. Das (UK) - See all my reviews
This filter is good for everyday protection of the lens front element from scratch dust etc. Although, having it will not make any noticeable difference in photograph, I noticed a negligible difference between the expensive digital and cheaper non-digital version. I normally use a digital polariser instead a UV filter all the time. When photographing under low light I take off the polariser and put the UV filter on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it's worth it., 7 Jan. 2011
B. Slattery (Dublin) - See all my reviews
After spending £200 on a lens, I think the insurance this provides protecting my glass is worth it. Screwed on without trouble. It doesn't interfere or prejudice my shots. If you are on the fence, buy with confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 14 Dec. 2010
I've been using the Hoya 72mm Pro1 Digital UV Filter for a couple of months now and am very happy with it. It's very thin so doesn't cause any problems when using the wide end of the lens, and I can rest assured that my lovely new lens is protected from any knocks.
Arrived very promptly and I got a great price so am happy all round! I'd definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slim filter but not SHMC, 7 April 2008
bddidier (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This slim (Around 3mm)filter fit the CANON EF-S 10-22 mm. It is not SHMC as suggested in the product description so, but it is multicoated.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must in any expensive lens, 8 April 2009
A customer (Asturias) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This Hoya filter absorbs ultraviolet rays without effecting visible light balance. UV light causes hazing and a blue hue in outdoor photographs. The filter can also be used as a permanent lens protector for the outer part of the lens . It fits very well .

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my best buys ever.., 30 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter (Accessory)
Bought this filter for my Nikon D90 and I have to say it has been an excellent buy. I used the camera without a filter for a few months and ever since I bought this, I have never taken the camera out without this filter. It became a sort of permanent fixture to the lens. It does protect the lens from dust and smudges, however you would need to buy a good lens cleaner in case if the filter gets dirty. The packaging with the plastic protective case is attractive and the price on Amazon is very reasonable too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product at a discounted price, 27 Mar. 2012
Received the product within 2 working days.
It fitted snugly in 18-55 mm kit lens of my Canon 550D. Inside ring has a groove on the side facing away from the lens so my original lens caps fits well into it and this also means you can fit additional filters on top of this filter.
I have taken a few shots with the filter on and found the picture quality to be good and there is no vignetting (even at 18mm). Original lens is now protected and I am relieved.
I would recommend this product if it's selling at a discounted price, RRP is high I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya 77mm pro 1 uv filter, 26 Oct. 2010
J. F. Lister (Newcastle upon Tyne England) - See all my reviews
I had lots of problems with a budget filter leaving unwanted marks on my images (big mistake buying budget filter)at that time i was concerned more about protecting the lens on my Canon 400 prime, so after lots of unusable images i decided to try a pro filter and the 77mm Hoya pro 1 filter does a very professional job therefor i have no hesitation in recommending the above.
PS Should have gone to Hoya in the first place.

‹ Previous | 1 2 387 | Next ›