This quick release plate fits the Velbon PH-157Q pan/tilt head and is a solid metal casing making it feel quite robust in the hand. Top section is cork (some might prefer rubber but cork does a fine job gripping the base of most cameras and this cork is tightly packed and I've had no problems with durability)

On the underside is a flip out section to the nut, on some cheaper tripods you have to use a coin to tighten the base plate, here the design is much more user friendly as this isn't required just simple hand pressure is more than enough a small point but one which really is convenient for the end user. Nothing to complain about here, this does a decent job it's well made and reasonable in price for a second or spare plate.
review image review image
on 28 May 2013
I bought a second Velbon QB-157 Spare Quick Release Plate for PH-157Q to fit onto my large telephoto lens, so that I don't need to remove the original from the camera base each time I need to use the Telephoto lens. It makes life easier!
on 29 July 2013
Just what I require to fixed my Camera to me telescope tripod so I don't need to buy a 2nd one
on 21 January 2013
It does the job perfectly, but it should as it is a direct replacement. The only reason for awarding 4 stars instead of 5 is purely for its price. It's a small piece.of moulded metal with a screw. I find it hard to believe it should cost more than a couple of pounds to produce.
on 17 February 2014
Having a spare one of these allows me to attach one to my Spotter Scope and my DSLR and quickly change either from the Tripod.
I can also attach it to the camera and a the other to a large lens and when changing to a small lens I can just leave this one on the large lens.
on 10 November 2013
Quality every time with ingenious design, this was to go with my Sherpa 750 that I've had for 15 years and it still functions like I bought it yesterday, just don't put the quick release plate somewhere other than the tripod or you lose it and have to buy another ;-)
on 15 July 2013
I now have several of these so my cameras, long lenses and telescope can each have one fixed on and i can easily switch from hide clamp to gorilla-pod to tripod.
on 29 October 2013
Great replacement plate that is exactly the same as the original at a super price. Make life so much easier with a plate for each piece of individual equipment.
on 31 March 2014
as I broke my other quick release, I thought that I would have to buy a whole tripod but was pleased that I could buy just the plate. so ..happy days
on 11 December 2013
I thought the old tripod I was given (minus the quick release) was due for scrap. Having found a spare I now have a useful tripod.