Colour: Red/Navy|Size: 1-3 years|Change

on 27 April 2011
I Bought this for my 18 Month old son (at the time) before going to Florida last summer. The Jacket is well made of good quality materials and is very sturdy, the zip is very strong and the jacket fitted snugly around my Son. I noticed that there are compartments around the life jacket that constains polystyrene floats that can be removed, this is a good thing because by default, the balance of the jacket was not right and it kept on tipping my son forward in the water which was concerning, however after removing some of the floats in the back compartments, I managed to get the balance just right so my Son was upright and balanced in the water. after this we had great fun in the Villa pool and my Son felt very confident (too confident at times :-)) running around and jumping from the side of the pool where I would catch him in the water. Great product would recommend to anyone, just check the balance when using the first time to ensure it keeps your little tyke upright. Thanks.
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2015
Colour purchased: Blue/ Lime

I bought this 4 years ago for my daughter when she 2 years old, as her arm bands were restricting her movement in the water. The transition took a 3-4 visits to the pool for her to get her balance/ get used to it, but as soon as she did her confidence grew further as did her ability to move more freely. As her confidence and ability developed the individual floats were removed. This took some adjustment on my part, as removing certain ones too early can tip their face into the water, and by watching them you can also see if they have too many in as they almost sit on top of the water rather than in it.

At 1 years old I moved my son into the same one from armbands, and I found he needed no time at all to get used to it - took to it straight away, so I can only speculate longer use of armbands means a bit more time to adjust. He is now 2.5 years and only using 6 of the floats, he is wearing goggles and can still put his face in the water so it isn't restricting at all and he too is very confident.

THE TEST OF TIME: After about 4 years of use the neoprene is still in good condition, as are the zip and velcro. However (and understandably so) the colour is now light blue and light lime, rather than the vibrant colour seen in the product photo). We do go 1-2 times a week so I am not going to mark it down for this as we all know the damage chlorine can do.
on 10 May 2014
My son will be 2 when we go abroad and thought this would be perfect, tried it out at our local swimming pool and it's brilliant, over time he will be able steady his balance in the water but for peace of mind around swimming pools it's great and he seemed to be comfortable in it. Defo recommend for little toddlers.
on 5 May 2012
I found that this item was a bit bulky for my son. He was 12 mths when I ordered it, but it seemed quite tight even with the size I brought (1-3 yrs). I felt that the fit and design would limit his movement.
on 6 September 2011
This was great for my 18 month old! He loved it and I felt that he was very safe in the swimming pool wearing it. Love the fact that you can reduce the floats in it as they get more confident in the water.
on 1 September 2013
However please be warned that the size is for 1 - 3 years and my daughter is only 2 1/2 years old and the jacket is very tight on her so I have had to sell it on after using only a few times.
on 13 June 2013
We got the 1-3 for our almost 3 year old and it was perfect. Was one of the best buys for our holiday as she could swim about and play without us holding her all the time.
on 11 October 2013
As soon as I put this jacket on my 1.5 year old I knew it would not work. It was a correct fit, but you could see that as soon as the kid hits the water, the jacket would ride up and make the little one very uncomfortable. I ended up buying a floatsuit instead (read my review) - with which I am very happy.
on 9 April 2016
Badly designed product. The flotation aids are on the inside, so they affect the fit of the jacket. My son hated this, he's only 2 and it was far too tight with the floats in.
on 5 June 2016
At first my son wouldn't wear this he thought he was stuck! We went swimming and again he screamed he was stuck mummy!!! We ignored this and walked towards the pool which took his attention away from the jacket. Entering the pool he floated at a nice height in the water so we didn't remove any buoyancy. He liked it. The camo colour is good in that he can be seen a mile off in the swimming pool!! It was also massively cheaper. Well made jacket, takes ages to dry. Take the little bag with you to the pool to bring it home in otherwise your bag will be soaked.