on 10 September 2014
The threads on this product are terrible so be careful putting together. I would highly recommend liberally applying WD40 or a small amount of teflon grease to the threads first. Get the poles lined-up from the bottom-up (less weight) and counter-screw first until you feel a small click then reverse-turn and screw together gently. If there's any sufficient friction then unscrew as you'll cross-thread it easily. The metal is so soft and the threads so tiny that this is easily done.

With the careful assembly required put aside, this is a great lamp with a really good luminance range on the dimmer. I cannot hear any buzzing from the dimmer assembly either. I'm using this in a 4mx3m cabin and it provide more than enough light.
on 18 February 2013
I have used these uplighters for years and when the supply dried up had to switch to a cheaper model. Now the supply of this model is back - great but the price has trebled!
on 4 April 2014
The floor fader used to changed light intensity can buzz quite loudly which is irritating.

Luckily we can place the fader under a sofa. Overall great product!
on 22 December 2013
It was not easy to find the replacement for our old lamp. This was the nearest to our old IKEA lamp and does the job well
on 19 February 2014
Reliable supplier, they are happy to help if there is a problem I will buyer from them once more. Thanks
on 27 April 2016
Really lovely lamp, I had one of these years ago, same make and it's even better, such good value. I bought to provide good light when working on computer at table and studying for exams, as this is an uplighter unlike a desk lamp where the light and heat is on your face which makes you feel ill, this is re-directed to the ceiling but providing you with the necessary light. Its matte black so not shiny and very sturdy (looks very classy and the range of light from the adjustable light fitment is incredible from very light to subdued lighting). I was very impressed with the seller as well as I had a small mark on the base and they replaced it very quickly without fuss, thank you.
on 30 March 2013
I've had two similar uplighters to this one for the last 25 years and never thought that I'd see these again. Needed to replace one of them so when this arrived I couldn't wait to assemble it and get it working. This is great and the dimmer is fantastic. I loved it that much I ordered two more!!
on 22 December 2015
First surprise, this lamp got here early so thank you to the seller. Very easy to assemble & looks great in situ and the lighting can be altered to suit mood. I am very pleased with this Floor Lamp & can recommend it to you all. I did note from the reviews that one person suggested using WD40 to make assembly easier, so I did that and it was great, so thank you too.
on 30 May 2016
I ordered one of these a while ago. Really bright and worked like a charm...for about 2 months. Unexplainably stopped working. I thought it was the fuse as the light in the dimmer switch had gone out. Changed the fuse and nothing happened.

I stupidly bought another one, and the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED.

Yes it's cheap, but now I know why.
on 1 January 2016
goods arrived on time and were well wrapped, in general the lamp is doing what it is intended for. However when putting it together we found that the connection to the base plate was not as good as the previous one we had with barely enough thread on the connecting rod and it took quite a while to ajust everything to get it to stand sercurely.