5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased
After extensive research, I chose this as my first proper pen, and I couldn't be more pleased. Compared to others in this quality bracket the M200 is understated, with function prioritised over adornment. Additionally, it's pretty small and feels light, even when full. So if you are after a statement-making pen, there are probably better choices.

Where this pen...
Published on 1 Feb. 2013 by Richard McHunten

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels incredibly cheap for that price range
In all fairness I was expecting something nicer for that price and sure I would have got something nicer from Waterman or Parker or Faber Castell. It looks good until you take it in hands and realise that it is just a bit of plastic, extremely light, I should say incredibly light.
Published 5 months ago by François-Marie Arouet

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 1 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Pelikan 983064, Fountain Pen M200, Nib M, Black (Office Product)

Where this pen excels is in the buttery laying down of thick-ish, wet-ish lines. It is simply a joy to use. The lack of heft lends itself to extended jotting, though I think there's an M205 model (which is this pen with a weight inside) should weightier pens be your thing. Altering the pressure yields a wide variety of line thicknesses, though these start on the fat side of medium.

The pen doesn't accept cartridges by default, and I was wary of this prior to purchase. But I am now converted to this method of filling. It is more economical, the range is wider, the time between fillings is much longer, and it is a little bit of theatrical fun (very easy- see youtube/etc).

There's a transparent section in the pen, allowing you to judge whether it is time to refill. In the product picture, this is a smoky grey. In my pen, it is dark green. Filled with dark ink this is not apparent, and I quite like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pen, Great Writer, 7 Jun. 2014
L. Hastings "Loves Classical Music" (Aberystwyth, Wales) - See all my reviews
This pen for me has turned out to be a stunning pen for the money, apart from a solid gold nib it seems to have everything.
It's light, well balanced, well made, has a screw cap, a piston filler and looks pretty good as well. From filling it up for the first time it has performed flawlessly, starts every time no skipping and will keep up with anything you throw at it. The medium nib writes more like a fine/medium, the ink feed is slightly wet (perfect) and is a very smooth writer indeed. I can't tell you how much I like this pen because of the way in which it writes, it is effortless and silky smooth and puts down lovely lines. Hard to fault in any way, what a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pen, 27 Mar. 2014
Okay, this isn't the best fountain ever made but if you consider the money it is strangely a really good pen, it has a lovely smooth writing action, it's compact and easy to maintain. Loving Pelikan and would recommend the pen and importantly the brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Pen For The Money, 5 May 2015
The pen is great value for money and writes superbly. The nib was smooth from the off and ink capacity is generous. But be aware that this is a small pen. I'm a 6' male with very small hands and thought the pen would be the right size for me, which it is if it's posted, but it's a bit too small for me unposted, which is how I prefer to write. However, if you buy the pen taking account of this then you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars just fantastic. M, 2 Feb. 2015
I have been using Pelikan Pens Since 1937.They are.just fantastic.

M.Zihni

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 31 May 2013
Very nice indeed. Use it every day. Small but for me I am not so keen on the bigger ones

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels incredibly cheap for that price range, 21 Dec. 2014
It writes fine but feels light and cheap in hand. I would not offer this pen to someone, which probably explains why it doesn't come in a box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely smooth writer., 5 May 2013
I liked the piston fill and also the screw cap. A nice place to enjoy a good meal and some lovely Adnams ales is the Randolph Hotel in Reydon.