Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVDChange

on 6 September 2008
I was looking for a work out that was flexible enough to fit into the ever changing time I had available each day (sometimes 20 mins, sometimes and hour, etc), with variety that worked on all the usual problem areas. The reviews were good, so I ordered it...I'm very happy I did.
It has four sections that work on different areas (thighs, arms, 'buns' and abs), with an additional power stretch section. All last 10mins which seems to fly by, you aren't jumping about like a lunatic meaning you aren't out of breath and can keep up, and they are very effective. The instruction is clear and detailed, explaining what to do, why, what you should feel, and what the result should be if you do it right. There is a bonus feature that allows you to program your own routine selecting the different sections in varying order, which is great.
By breaking it down into 10 minute segments and offering the option of smaller workouts, I find I actually do more. The prospect of doing an hour of torture can be a put off, so these smaller chunks of effective exercise make it feel like less of a chore, even if you do all of them back to back.
For £3.99 it's possibly the best fitness DVD purchase I've ever made (and I've made a few!).
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 June 2007
I am relatively fit and i own numerous dvd's. This really works, it targets the areas effectively. It feels relaxed and i have also been doing this whilst 13 week pregnant. It is not too strenuous but this does not detract from how good it is. Straightforward no nonsense. Buy it.
on 31 July 2007
This is a brilliant dvd for people who don't have lots of time or feel guilty for missing a gym session the night before(me then). The 10 workouts mean you can mix and match what you want to do. 10 minutes each morning will help you wake up and start the day feeling positive. I would recommend this dvd for beginners too as it eases you in.
on 8 March 2008
I have been active for years, but had stopped exercising for a while, really felt the weight pile on so thought I would try out a few DVD's. This one appealed because of the toning aspect, and not jumping around. I exercise everyday and alternate areobic and toning and this one is great! I have had this 3 months now and still enjoy putting this dvd on, knowing that I can do either the full 50 mins or 10 mins, each part warms you up and cools you down as part of the routine, and I can still feel it working. Really do recommend this as a toning dvd.
on 25 September 2007
A well balanced workout; really gets the heart rate going, the time flys by and you feel that you can do another 10 minute section. The moves are not hard but you can put as much effort in as you want. A good one for beginners like me.
on 25 October 2010
Good explanations and uncomplicated moves make this DVD a good choice not just for beginners but also for those of us who have followed fitness regimes in the past. The moves are not convoluted (the instructor makes them appear too easy!) and this makes all the difference in making you feel comfortable about doing the workout again. But don't be deceived - your muscles WILL be targeted!

The instructor is good: she doesn't say anything superfluous and keeps giving helpful reminders to ensure that you have exactly the right posture and are targeting the correct muscles. The exercises don't tax your body too much to begin with so it doesn't put you off, but you do break into a good sweat. (While this is by no means an intense cardio workout, it does raise your heartbeat moderately.) When your muscles get used to the exercises and you go deeper into the moves, you will really feel yourself working!

After doing 3 back-to-back routines on this DVD once or twice a week for a couple of months, I have now understood exactly which muscles to target and am using it 3 times a week. I am loving it and am certainly looking trimmer: sagging flesh is lifting and waistline is shrinking.

Added benefit: I had become overweight during my pregnancy and my knees were hurting from climbing stairs with baby on hip. The thighs exercises have strengthened my muscles so my knees no longer ache.
on 18 April 2012
After being much flabbier than I would like to be I invested in this dvd as a starting point. I love it! Cindy the instructor talks you through each exercise thoroughly and although she continously smiles whilst I am grimmacing I am actually enjoying my workout. I like being able to do either just 1 10 minute section, or if I have more time, up to 50 mins. To do the arm exercises you will need to buy a set of hand weights(1.5kg, is enough for me at the moment). Don't let that put you off as they are quite cheap - I paid £7 for mine.
I have also purchased a few of the other 10 minute solutions some of which are a bit too high impact for my capabilities at the moment, I will get there!
I would highly recommend this dvd, but remember it is toning and not aerobic.
on 12 October 2009
I am a fitness fanatic and am always on the look out for good work outs to do at home when I have some time spare. I bought this one about a year ago maybe and I am still using it now. This DVD is amazing.

The good thing about the 10 minute solution DVD's is that they are separated into 5 10 minute workouts so even if you are pressed for time you can still pick one of the DVD sections and do that.

This DVD is ideal for toning and I feel it caters for many levels of fitness. I started using this DVD when I was at a relatively low fitness level and boy did I feel the burn the first time I did this! Some may think this DVD sounds boring (who wants to spend 50 minutes doing squats, weights and crunches) but the instructer is one of the best motivaters I have seen and the time flies by. I noticed the results from this very quickly and now I am at a high level of fitness I find I can still encorporate this workout into my routine.

I fell in love with this DVD from the off really, the instructer is really encouraging and supportive she just pushes you to finish the reps in the best way. She also introduces herself as a mother and a business woman so I figure many feel they can relate to her and admire her. I do however find her abs hugely intimidating.. when you buy the DVD and see the core workout you will see what I mean... this woman has a serious 6 pack (if your slim like me and don't want a six pack then don't do this work out more than 3 times a week, I did it for more than that for a couple of weeks and found I was also developing a very manly abdomen!).

This is an overall winner for me, I still love this DVD and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2009
I bought this one not sure what to expect. I had read the other reviews and thought it might be a good starting point. I am very overweight and am looking to change this. I do 3 to 4 segments every other day. It doesn't get boring and is still challenging. Whats more the segments are achievable, which makes you feel good. I have been using this together with one specifically for my mid-section for 4 weeks and can really see a difference. I don't think this would be for very fit people. But if you are like me unfit and looking for a starting point this is it.
I love it.
on 23 May 2008
I have just recently got back into exercise and I am so glad I bought this, for less than a fiver no less! Don't be put off by the instructors perfect body, smile, tan etc. She is really good, gives clear instructions and encouragment. This DVD is great for beginners who are not sure how to exercise with weights or for people who favour their cardio and are a little lazt when it comes to weights, like me. The 10 minutes sections make it impossible NOT to do something, you can fit something in at anytime, even in the morning and they are also great if you want to add bits to other work outs you do. Excellent value for money and results you can see!