5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Nov 2009
M. H. Brimble (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'M Toys 22050 Melody Mix (Toy)
We love this toy! I bought it for my sons 2nd birthday which he enjoyed - but my daughter came along and at 6 months (it does say suitable from 3yrs but there aren't any small objects) and this is her firm favourite. She plays with this daily. When our friends come over they all comment on how fab this product is. It has everything you need, packed away neat and tidily so for once, a toy where everything has its place. A true must have.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun but lacks quality, 26 Sep 2011
Mr. S. P. Lambe (Tadley, England) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: I'M Toys 22050 Melody Mix (Toy)
My son (1 year old) loves the rattles and triangle on this toy which are quite robust and not too loud. The xylophone is not in tune which is a real shame as I imagine this would have been quite a simple thing to get right. The drum is so quiet as to be fairly worthless as a toy. The triangle makes a lovely sound but the leather strap holding it on is very easy to dislodge leaving you with three separate pieces to find and put back together. The wind chimes are also loved by Fergus as when they clink together they do make a lovely sound. They are tied together with a slip knot so regularly end up wedged against the supporting bar which leads to no sounds and 3 minutes of sorting it all back again. Some of the drum sticks fall through their holders when you pick the item up so you end up bending over to pick up lots of pieces on the floor when moving it from one place to another. Does my son like this ... yes absolutely. I regularly put it on the floor for him and it holds his attention for a 5 or so minutes. Is it well made ... no.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: I'M Toys 22050 Melody Mix (Toy)
Only had this a month but my 10mth old loves it, it is the first thing he goes to in the mornings and he has gradually learnt how to make noise out of each of the instruments.

Only negative is that the xylophone isn't in tune hence 4 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, but tuneless!, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: I'M Toys 22050 Melody Mix (Toy)
My daughter loved this, but the xylophone is very poor - several of the notes are the same and because of the position of the drum, the sound is dampened. Similarly, the chime bars are tuneless and the bells are barely audible. The triangle was fine though!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 10 Dec 2008
N. Higginson "N.H" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'M Toys 22050 Melody Mix (Toy)
Good quality build - smaller than looks, but size given. However, the xylaphone is horribly out of tune. Contacted manufacturers and they say they sell it as a toy not a musical instrument - however at this price - I expect some standard especially as it is a toy for the over 3's. Shame - nice product otherwise, but in future I shall be avoiding I'm toys products. They're just toys remember!

2.0 out of 5 stars Engaging but not good as a musical educational toy!, 16 Dec 2012
A. Kinsella "Anya" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'M Toys 22050 Melody Mix (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter when she was 1. She enjoys banging/tapping the different instruments, even now (she's 3) but I agree that it is a wasted opportunity not to have had the xylophone in tune, or at least in ascending/descending tone order - which renders it rather pointless if you want your little ones to start understanding the way the instruments work, or want to create any sort of melody. The percussion instruments vary in their usefulness, and some of the instruments come detached from their handles (also happened to my friend's). So - yes my daughter likes it, but it is limited in its musical worth, which, for 50 (I paid 40) makes it poor value.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Winning Gift, 5 Jan 2008
T. JANE "Tom" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for a 20 month old girl who is very much into music. She loved it much more than I could have hoped for. Not only was it pretty good quality, it is colourful, good sized and inviting and with enough rattles, beaters and other piece for all the family to join in! Really simple to put together and change from drum to xylophone (take out the instruments and flip it over). Theres a good range of instruments to play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars percussion toy, 15 Dec 2011
Mrs. E. Jackson (Herts. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'M Toys 22050 Melody Mix (Toy)
Very pleased with the toy. It engages the child immediately with colour and noise. Only one suggestion, --- maybe it should come with a complimentary set of ear plugs !!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Making Music, 30 Dec 2010
I purchased the Melody Mix Music Stand for my grandgaughter and we are delighted with it. As she is a baby she is enjoying her play with supervision.
It is versatile, with the xzlophone on one side and the drum on the other, colourful and well constructed.
I am particularly careful when choosing play items as I have a 20 year history of child care with the under 5's. My only criticism would be that the upright parts of the stand are not fixed in place and would benefit from a wooden nut to secure them during use.
It is an ideal music centre for the home, nursery or pre-school environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 1 year old nephew loves it!, 12 July 2010
This review is from: I'M Toys 22050 Melody Mix (Toy)
This toy has gone down a storm with my nephew and his Mummy's friends who are now all planning to buy it for their children. Great variety for lots of bashing and sound making. Compact so can be put away easily and a lovely traditional feel.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›