Format: DVD|Change

on 7 May 2016
A Studio Ghibli masterpiece. Full of inventive imagery and beautiful staging of the action.
on 10 January 2016
Stunning. Bought this over Christmas as the TV was so terrible. Cannot recommend enough.
on 23 July 2006
This movie is one of the most beautiful and fascinating animation that I've ever seen not like anything else. Just the first scene, where a dashing charming wizard grabs Sophie and fly away, sweeps you off your feet as an audience and takes your breath away. The scene puts a spell on you to continue watching with strong feelings.

The work of Art is magnificently portrayed as well as for the characters and actions. Hayao Miyazaki is a great master film maker and this movie is a great masterpiece of his. His vision of it was far too wonderful than the novel. It is like he adapted the original story and transferred it to a better plot and image. He arranged and invented some actions in the Novel, which is not quite charming as the movie, and made it perfect.

However, there are few takes on the movie. I couldn't understand some parts until I read the novel, like why did Howl make a contract with the demon, how did Sophie break off her spell and why there was war and between whom. Also, I'd have loved to see Howl kills the witch of the waste like the original story but I guess Miyazaki wanted to explain the theme of goodness wins over evil. I also loved the war theme and how Howl handled it.

Over all: A fascinating masterpiece.
on 30 April 2015
The best animated film I've seen, beautiful story. A must for fans of Spirited Away.
on 22 February 2016
got here way before estimated time, such a great movie, one of my favourites! ^-^
on 12 December 2014
My favourite studio ghibli film ever! Came quickly with no damage
on 1 April 2006
Howls moving castle is a beautifully animated film but lacks the feel of films such as Spirited away, relased way back in 2001 or so. It took me several viewings to be satisfied with it or to get what the entire story means or implies. The film lacked action, (we could have seen more of the war and magic), the feelings of the characters didn't really come across in english (not much love between howl and sofi) and many things were left unexplained eg. why howl was turning into a bird creature, why sofi had silver hair and why she changed slowly back instead of changing all in one go. A good film, could have been better.
on 10 January 2015
Excellent. Sent by return. Favourite of grand-daughters who are manga fans.
on 8 May 2010
Asolutely mind blowing, incredible animation and OMG its was awsome!!!!
This is a wonderful story line and not at all hard to follow, and of course its soooo wierd you just cant help but love it. I love Sophie as an old lady, very funny but she wont take any nonsense, i absolutely adore calcifur who is just so funny when he's moaning - but really he loves everyone. Howl is gorgeous and you can really see the affection he has for sofie (awwwww, i want a Howl!), and the evil witch of the waste just creeps me out - I LOVE IT!!
Fabulous film very magical!:
GET IT
WATCH IT
LOVE IT
on 2 October 2011
Ahhh well I love the film so I had to purchase it! The quality was excellent and the film was fabulous xD It was a great watch and another creative and fabulous creation by Studio Ghibli.
The characters were great and I'm completely in love with Howl and Calcifer! It was funny, clever and a simply great story line. It was a true love story with all the imagination of a child. The art was beautiful and stunning and all the creatures and .... well everything was just so unimaginably creative that I wonder how people who come up with these ideas put them into a film. Truly magical.