on 26 August 2011
I got this to replace my old Panasonic player. The build quality is acceptable and it has a good range of functions. There is no line-out to connect to a hi-fi unit but the headphoe output does work fine for this. The sound quality is good The fact that it plays mp3 CDs is a bonus for me but I haven't yet played one because I don't have one. The power supply plug is continental but an adaptor is supplied. This does work but my word doesn't the crappiness of it let the whole package down; so I bought another adaptor for about £4 of a 'travel stand' in our local chemist shop.
on 9 January 2014
A complete waste of money for the simple reason the volume on this player is so low it's unlistenable. I'm told that for health and safety reasons all players are set to this ridiculously low volume. I bought one of those volume boost controls from Amazon recently (FiiO E06) and I couldn't get that to work at all in fact I couldn't even get a signal once the player was attached to the volume booster - also a waste of money in the quest to try and a restore a normal volume level. I have an old Sony D-NF 340 that after a long time started playing up which is the reason I bought the one I'm reviewing. The D-NF 340 was great and didn't have any volume problems at all. I would like it repairing but haven't been able to find anyone who'll do it - the Hi Fi repairers in Sheffield don't want to know!
on 23 November 2013
Second one for my wife and both have proved to be durable. Excellent in all departments (build, sound quality, functionality).
on 1 January 2014
Cheap looking. Cheap feeling. Cheap listening. How anyone can justify the price tag of £77 is one of those mysteries.
on 4 February 2015