Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 February 2009
This is Travis at his very best, with the songs that make this outlaw singer the very best of his kind and which set him on the road to stardom. This is one album not to be missed, and, like me, if you have never heard Travis Tritt sing, this album is the one to buy to get you hooked on Double T. Buy this album and you'll be hooked and want to buy all his other albums and DVD's; that's how good a singer the Double T is.
Following Waylon in the seventies and Hank Williams Junior in the eighties, along came Travis Tritt in the nineties. The musical lineage is obvious to anybody familiar with outlaw country music, but Travis maintains the quality set by his illustrious predecessors.

This compilation, being more recent than Greatest Hits: From The Beginning covers all of his music for Warner, and also includes his first two Columbia hits, but plenty of his hits featured on the earlier compilation are also reprised here, although the lesser hits have been dropped - lesser only in the sense of their performance in the American country charts, because there were some great tracks among them, notably Put some drive in your country, which I particularly like. I'll keep the earlier compilation as well as this one.

Travis sang two main types of songs - heart wrenching ballads and hard rocking songs, both of which are well represented here.

The rocking songs include The whiskey ain't working (with Marty Stuart), Country club and Trouble, a cover of the Elvis Presley hit. Among the ballads here are Here's a quarter call someone who cares, Help me hold on and Tell me I was dreaming.

This is an excellent collection of Travis Tritt's finest songs. If you enjoy the music of Waylon Jennings and Hank Williams Junior, you will enjoy this.

If you don't have any of his music and only want one compilation, I recommend this one as being stronger overall than the earlier compilation.
on 15 January 2012
Just started listening to Travis Tritt and bought this album. I wasnt disappointed. I buy a lot of country music and this is one best country albums I have listened to. Id like to name some highlights but there are too many. To pick my favourites; a middle block of tracks 6, 7 and 8, "Help me Hold on", " Where Corn Dont Grow" and "Best of Intentions" are just class. I definitely recommend this album.
on 18 December 2011
I only developed a liking for country type music recently and prefer the not so obvious artistes.If you are a music lover and not necessarily a country fan I would strongly reccomend this C.D.
on 27 December 2013
This is a download of my favourite Travis Tritt album (Ialready have it on CD) so now I can play it on my (wife's) Kindle Fire HD. Brilliant sound quality, especially though earphones, which suits my wife as she's not so keen. Recomended to any Travis Tritt fan. Mo Hawkins
on 23 February 2013
I bought this album mainly for one song 'Drift off to Dream' but found it is full of other great songs. This will keep me busy for months.
on 30 June 2014
bought this for my father who is huge into country, dad loved it, great listening and he was very happy with it.
on 1 March 2016
I enjoyed this purchase, have played it a few times and if you like country music I recommend it.
on 9 March 2013
I loved all the songs on this cd. Very well sung and a joy to listen to. My kind of music.
on 4 August 2015
As good as expected better than new blues orientated record