5.0 out of 5 stars As used by the military
Feature packed, along with a good map you're away! Clearly marked in degree's (the other military type has Mils too) the liquid damped needle is accurate and reliable - as long as you keep it away from ferrous, magnetic objects or power lines! The 3 romers make for accurate grid reference taking on 1:25,000(2 1/2" to 1 mile); 1:50,000(1 1/4" to 1 mile) & 1:63,000(the...
Published on 17 Jan 2010 by A. Buckingham

3.0 out of 5 stars Ink abrasion problem?
I've had two Silva Type 4's - I bought the second one when the black ink showing the degree marks around the dial of the compass became too faint to read. Looks like they have been rubbed off. I treated the compass with care, and I think that this is a fault and that the compass should be more robust with respect to this kind of wear & tear. Anyway the replacement...
Published on 17 Jun 2010 by Neil M

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Silva compass, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
Brought this for my grandson who is big iinto Orrianteering. He says it is brill and very happy with its features, so a thumbs up for this product, 100% satisfaction and a great choice at a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expidition 4, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
I started a navigation course and this was the recommended compass. It works as well as I expected it to. There are two romas on this compass which help to pinpoint the co-ordinates on either the landranger or explorer maps. A very good instrument.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Good Price, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
This is a first class compass. Clear, easy to read numbers, and all the information you could need on the baseplate + a handy magnification section. Sold at a really good price and with impeccable & timely delivery, could not ask for more

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product, 14 Sep 2011
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
Arrived on time and just what i wanted.very happy with this item.i will be recomending this product to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compass with useful features, 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
Silva are acknowledged as the specialists in compass manufacture and this model is ideal for my use. It's light weight and well made with useful features including luminous markers on direction arrows and plenty of roamers in various scales for calculating map coordinates. Although I have a good quality GPS unit I use a map and compass regularly. I actually bought this one for my son as he borrowed mine and thought it was just what he needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compass, 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
I have a few compasses in different napsacks, coats etc, so I don't need to find just one. I had a cheap one that was not reliable in one napsack -the needle kept wavering! So I bought the Silva 4-360. It's a good compass at a reasonable price. No more the wavering needle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Silva Expedition 4 compass (degrees), 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
A well designed and constructed compass with all the features needed for effective orienteering and navigation training. Great in the field

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch compass AGAIN, 27 Jun 2010
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
Very simply put, I have had a little time with this compass and it does everything I could expect at a good value price.
This is more than adequate and certainly adequate for the Moor. On that atrocious pun I will bow out.

UPDATE: I have had this compass for three years now and have only had to replace it because I was a klutz and shut my car door on the edge of the baseplate on a Sunday evening after the walk! I ordered a replacement the next day and got it (no special delivery) that Thursday. Absolutely top service and the replacement is just as ideal. (The original still works well and is used back in school)

This is a superb compass - you won't need another, unless you want to treat yourself to one of the fancy £50+ prismatic ones to make taking bearings a bit quicker!
It has so many simple features done well: long baseplate, 1:25000 Romer markings on top, easy to use Right-to-Left scale for the Romer, internal orientation lines on the baseplate to help set bearings, magnifier, and .... Robust!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems Great, not for Southamerica, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
I bought this product without knowing it was calibrated for Northern Hemisphere, when I told the seller my mistake, they cancelled the order and refunded. Really great service. Finally I got the compass anyway since it had already shipped. It looks great and useful, but I'll send it back since it's not what I need

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 25 Dec 2012
This review is from: Silva Compass Expedition 4-360 (Sports)
good good hjbnh h h h h h h hu h hk hu hh h gh h h k h h

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›