5.0 out of 5 stars First class accessory
Having invested in a new DSLR I was after a suitable circular polarising filter to fit its standard zoom lens. As a previous user of Hoya filters I could only expect the best and was not disappointed. It certainly enhances image contrast as well as reducing unwanted reflections.
The filter's slim profile helps eliminate vignetting and the fact that the knurled ring...
Published on 16 April 2009 by R. Woodland

1.0 out of 5 stars Scratched after first use
The first one I ordered got tiny scratches all over it the first time I used it. Amazon sent a replacement and exactly the same thing happened. I use a proper cloth/cleaner and have had several Hoya filters in the past without problems. So I don't know if this is a dodgy batch but it has put me off buying Hoya again, which is a shame as their polarising filters used to...
Published 5 months ago by Ernie

‹ Previous | 126 27 2831 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it's supposed to., 18 May 2011
Mark Whitehead (Farnborough, UK) - See all my reviews
Being new to SLR photography, this seemed a sensible thing to buy. Good reviews without breaking the bank.

I've yet to test it properly in the field (probably literally...) but initial impressions are that it's well-made and very capable.

Scanning in and around the house and twizzling the ring, you could really spot where it helped get rid of reflections and muck about with the contrast between sky and clouds, etc.

One thing that I noticed but which maybe one should be wary with any camera setup is making sure you don't cross-thread it! For some reason this seemed a right fiddle to get on the lens straight and true. Other filters and lenses go on with less hassle. I haven't taken a star off my review yet as it's probably down to me being an amateur!

I reserve the right to update this review once I've used it in anger :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this filter asap, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Hoya 52mm Pro-1 Digital Circular Polarizing Screw-in Filter (Accessory)
I never knew how much difference a circular polarizing filter can make. I was asked to get a filter in my class and I went for the HOYA brand after reading the reviews and I am very happy that I got this filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy, essential lens filter, 8 Aug 2010
I am really glad I bought this filter. It has widened my scope of photographic experiences and skills. A good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars hoya circular pl filter, 13 April 2010
first class product - really thin so to avoid fingerprints you must use it with a hood on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Value for money, 25 Nov 2009
G. Campbell (UK) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this product. Delivery was within a couple of days and the results were well worth it. Sold at a great price and superb value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars smear problems, 5 April 2013
Although this item feels well made i've found that it is quite difficult to get any dust or small marks off when you're out and about with just a lens cloth as it smears quite badly, which means the only way you can really use it is if you sit down with some lens cleaner solution and a cloth and thoroughly clean it first to get rid of the smears. Other than that it seems a good piece of kit once it's been cleaned.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for Vignetting on wide angle shots, 16 Aug 2012
P. Gravestock (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This filter does its job as a polarising filter well enough, but watch out when taking wide angle shots (around 24mm) as despite the low profile design, you will still get significant Vignetting in your image.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya77mm PRO1 Digital Circular PL Filter, 5 July 2010
Does very good job on blue skies, very useful for landscapes etc. Good price on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 25 Aug 2009
I bought this item from Purelygadgets for my A200. Was very impressed with the service as I was kept up to date at each stage of the order by a customer service executive and the item arrived within a few days. The item was also sent by Royal Mail 'Sign For' which is a first for any item I have ordered from Amazon. It's nice to see that the company you buy from care as much about your order as you do!Sony DSLR-A200K 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera + Zoom Lens Kit (18-70 mm F3.5-5.6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still working well after 1000s of shots., 9 April 2013
I have used the polariser filter in conjunction with a wide angle Canon 10-22mm lens. It improves the image considerably producing superb colour images. It did not disappoint although Hoya lens accessories are expensive, it seemed a risk to purchase a cheaper make. I tend to leave the Hoya filter attached as my standard setup and wait for sunny conditions to get the best shots possible. I recently added a Canon bridge camera to my kit bag, it is great camera but still use the 10-22mm for those special landscape shots.

‹ Previous | 126 27 2831 | Next ›