5.0 out of 5 stars Natural and effective contraception
I've now been using this system for over 5 years... with no conceptions.
It's a great solution if, like me, you cannot use other methods such as The Pill.
It is totally natural and makes you far more aware of your cycle.

I agree with everything the previous reviewer has said but would also add;

- stick with it for at least 6 months while...
Published on 1 Mar. 2010 by LWills

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even one star. I got pregnant. Persona exposed on watch dog for a reason. Not effective contraceptive AT ALL
This product I am shocked is still available as it was responsible about fifteen years ago when it was released for an increase in uk abortions statistics leading to it being on watch dog. I was one of it's victims and had to have an abortion after getting pregnant immediately on using it. It does not allow for any woman who have longer or delayed cycles and it is...
Published 10 months ago by Ms. Sl Wilson-dickson

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural and effective contraception, 1 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Personal Contraception Monitor refills kit - 8 test sticks (Personal Care)
I've now been using this system for over 5 years... with no conceptions.
It is totally natural and makes you far more aware of your cycle.

I agree with everything the previous reviewer has said but would also add;

- stick with it for at least 6 months while the device 'learns' your cycle. You get a lot of 'red days' when you first start using it and it feels a bit frustrating, but once you've been using it regularly and correctly, the red days come down to about 5 per month.

- if you have very erratic cycles or very short/very long cycles, it may not be for you as it can only cope with a certain level of variation (but it's still a pretty wide tolerance).

- yep, travelling with it can be a pain, especially if you're changing time zones. Tip: Keep a few of those sterile sample bottles (from your GP) so you can collect the first urine of the day but store it for the when you get the 'amber light' which is a specfic 6 hr time window (that you choose). Obviously this course of action is generally only necessary on the odd occasion... before I put you off!

I think this system is marvellous and regularly recommend it (should the topic arise!). It's nicknamed the 'catholic mating machine' in our house! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Persona for getting pregnant!, 21 Aug. 2010
I used persona, not as contraceptive but to try and get pregnant, as we had been trying for a few months without success (I had been using the "wee on a stick" ovulation predictors, which I found to be pretty useless). However, my second month of using Persona and we have success! I would recommend it if trying to conceive as it charts your cycle and gives you an ovulation symbol on two days each month, so you know that is when you should be trying to make a baby!

Not so sure about using it as contraceptive as there are a lot of red days (when you have to abstain from sex) but if you are looking for a natural method then this is OK. It is a lot of messing about, remembering to check your monitor every morning and having to wee in a container if you wake up too early - all of which you don't mind if you are trying for a baby, but to do it as part of a daily routine, just so you know if you can have sex seems, perhaps, more hassle that it's worth.

For tracking ovulation though, it is a big winner. Apparently it is cheaper than the Clearblue ovulation kit - which is marketed for women trying to conceive and therefore is priced at a premium (desperate women spend more money!) although it is made by the same company and does exactly the same thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, 31 Jan. 2014
I use Persona as the little known natural contraception. I think its fab as it works alongside your bodies own natural cycle. These are just the sticks that you need each month to be used in the controller which I already have. You have to buy a box a month so this is the most economical way of doing that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 2 July 2010
Have been using Persona for years, works well for me. Having found these test sticks at a more than reasonable price has made my year! Beats buying them at Boots!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price compared to other shops, 27 July 2010
would be better if it were more hi-tech and tell you beforehand when it will ask for a sample- or if you could sync it to a computer, etc.
Also, it takes a couple of months to get more green days, so be ready to use extra contraception if you want to decrease your chances of pregnancy

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, 2 Jan. 2013
It is good to see so many positive reviews for this product - it seems to have gained in popularity quite recently!

I have been using the Persona system for several years and it does work. Like several of the other reviewers I am unable to take The Pill for medical reasons. As other reviews also state, you have to stick with it for the first few months when there are quite a lot of 'red days', but the number soon reduces significantly.

I am not a person with a perfectly regular cycle - I vary between 27 days and 31 days most of the time (with very occasional 33 day or 26 day cycles, but Persona still assesses my fertility accurately - The number of tests requested each month give Persona sufficient information without making testing too much of a bind (although it takes a bit of getting used to).

Do not worry if the ovulation symbol does not appear every month. It doesn't for lots of ladies. When it does not appear there are usually a few more 'red days', that's all.

I would recommend this product to any lady in a long-term, stable relationship.

Thank you Amazon. Buying my test sticks from you has saved me a lot of money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 6 Dec. 2011
I have been using Persona for past 6 years, can be hard to get hold of the test sticks in the local shops and when you do generally expensive so this is a great buy! I have not had any mishaps since using Persona and in fact used it last year when deciding to become pregnant which was a success. I got pregnant on 1st attempt at trying so it shows how accurate they are and how tuned into your cycle they can become.

You generally become more aware of you body's own cycle anyway once using Persona so i would recommend it as a good natural way to avoid becoming pregnant. I had to stop using the pill due to health reasons and was dubious about this at first but i have total faith in it now.

I have just ordered more test sticks for the first time since having my baby 9 weeks ago and know that once it has got used to my cycle again i will be totally confident in not having an unwanted pregnancy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural & effective drug free contraception, 9 Jun. 2012
I've been using Persona for 12 years now, to remain free of pregnancy but also to get pregnant 10 years ago due to the accuracy of ovulation time predicted! It's fantastic for me as I cannot take the pill of any form, and am allergic to latex! Latex free condoms used to be difficult to find and more expensive, however now they're as available as normal ones, I use these during my 'red light' weeks, and am around 2 weeks a month 'green light' safe every month, so for me the Persona is great.

The supply and delivery of these sticks when ordered is excellent - I stumbled across them here on Amazon when Boots stopped selling them & now wish I'd known this supplier before, because Boot's used to charge nearly £13 a box! Excellent service, many thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT - BUT NO LONGER DESPATCHED IN TIME, 26 July 2013
The product is highly satisfactory, but the problem is that for several months the test sticks have not been despatched in time for me to do all the tests that the monitor requests. I am considering obtaining the product from another source.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy peasy, 1 Feb. 2011
I decided to use the persona to initially find out where I am in my cycle each month as I had an ectopic many years ago. I wanted to find out when I ovulate from my only remaining fallopian tube. I am only in my third month of using this, but find it really easy to use. I feel that I will use continue using them and in the future when I am planning for a family, I will simply use the red days as the green days in order to get pregnant. By then, I will have more of an idea of what my cycle is doing.