on 28 October 2010
This puppet is absolutely gorgeous and very good quality. We have had enless fun from it and it fits me and my 3yo very well. When you make it 'talk' it makes lovely shapes with its mouth and my daughters find it hilarious! Highly recomend.
on 10 December 2012
NOT THE SUCCESS i WAS HOPING FOR. Looks beautiful but was problematic and consequently disappointing for birthday boy. Very difficult to operate - I suspect a head lining is needed? Couldn't keep the puppet in place on my hand, let alone a smaller hand. However, it's endearing face won over the lad and he took to carrying it around. Not the point, though.
on 26 December 2012
Well made and lovely looking product - adored by 4 year old daughter and head/mouth movements easily operated by her as well as grown ups having a go!
on 30 May 2013
I use this to go alongside my phonics lessons with my class. We also watch 'Geraldine Giraffe' on Youtube to go along with it. The children love it and respond well to the 'giraffes' teching, they also want to stroke and cuddle the giraffe.
on 14 June 2015
Brilliant! Great to use with Mr Thornes 'Geraldine the Giraffe' book, App and YouTube videos to help reluctant readers ENJOY phonics! I am using her with my 6, 4 and 2 year old children who all love her and we have great FUN watching the videos together and learning our Tricky Words and difficult sounds! Would really encourage any Primary Teacher to purchase and use to make Phonics FUN!

The children love to make her 'Ossicones'/knobs on her head move about like ears. Adults can make the mouth move by putting your first and middle finger in the lower jaw.
on 24 March 2016
Sweet little hand puppet, I am buying a whole series of these as they are excellent quality and great value. The grandchildren love them and entertain us for hours with their little plays. Much more interesting than an electronic device and much, much more imaginative, enabling them to create dialogue, plots, themes and so much more. Real childhood entertainment where they play together, interact with each other, friends and family creating their own pantomimes, plays and stories. A real success and I highly recommend them. and... absolutely NO batteries required!
on 21 March 2015
This is difficult to use for even small adult hands and thicker arms will struggle too. But saying that we love playing with this hand puppet and use it to introduce the notion of story telling and things having their own voice. Look forward to toddler being able to use it by themselves, expect it to be in the toybox for a long time.
on 7 September 2012
I bought this puppet for my 5 month old son after we played with one at a baby class. It is one of his favourite toys and he giggles when I make it move and talk. When he is older I know he will like to play with it himself. It is a good size, soft and fluffy and well made. I have just ordered another 4 different animals!
on 1 January 2015
Very hard foam inside, bad manoeuvrability and could not reach up into antler like part and get in the too small mouth at same time. Foam needs to be cut out or you need to be used by a large hand with strength.
Best for male use.
Could not work in a school as too difficult without lots of practise
on 27 February 2015
Surprisingly bad. We have other puppets by the Puppet Company, which are great. With this one, there is nothing to operate as the mouth is far too small to get your fingers in. It's basically a big sock that looks like a giraffe. We sent ours back.