4.0 out of 5 stars ...which was nice!
Like another reviewer, I had the pleasure of hearing Louise supporting Beverley Knight - it is not often that the support acts are worth seeing and long experience suggests that the bar is often the best place until the main attraction appears on the stage, but Louise had something about her and the album does justice to her strong voice.

I bought the album as...
Published on 22 Feb 2007 by Lewis Hulatt

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous saccharine, but still saccharine
On first hearing I thought "Love Me Still" was the best single I had heard for many years, and I still think so. However, the rest of the songs on this album disappoint. I enjoyed the spirituals, which show Louise Setara's lush rich voice off to the best effect. The rest I found overproduced and dull. Stick to the single!
Published on 19 Jan 2009 by J. Heritage

4.0 out of 5 stars ...which was nice!, 22 Feb 2007
This review is from: Still Waters (Audio CD)

I bought the album as soon as I saw it was available and I was impressed - it would be harsh to describe any of the tracks as 'filler'. I have struggled to categorise Ms Setara - she was supporting an 'urban' act, but I wouldn't put her in that category, nor would I put her alongside Katie Melua or Norah Jones in my 'cool slow jazz' list - she is more feisty than that - she's not folky enough for folk and I don't listen to country so she can't be that (!) - so I'll just have to label her as a 'singer'.

this gimmick-free album has a number of melodic high-points - "Love Me Still" and "Can't Stop the River" are probably my favourite tracks. Overall, I think it the kind of debut album that contestants in the fame-chasing television shows should aspire to - melodic, unfussy and orchestrated in such a way that the voice is allowed to stand out, not hidden shyly behind the stage curtains. Louise is a gutsy performer who can deliver the lyrics in a powerful and controlled way.

If it says anything about the album, I put the CD in my wife's car and can't get it back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant debut album - A Must Have, 6 Feb 2007
This review is from: Still Waters (Audio CD)
This album arrived this morning, I have listened to it over and over again, brilliant cd, anyone who likes Eva Cassidy, Norah Jones will love this cd. I especially like track 3, Make You Feel My Love, and track 10, Let It Be Me. Although some tracks are cover versions, Louise has changed them so much to make them her own. Excellent, a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars better than joss stone - and I LOVE joss stone, 6 Feb 2007
B. Murray - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still Waters (Audio CD)
Wow - those shivers I got down my spine were nothing to do with the freezing weather. This girl is good! We have a weird fascination with young singers who sound older, but in this case I don't think it's relevant how young she is. By any standard she's fantastic - makes all those songs written by other people sound as if she wrote them. And she sounds wonderful with Ladysmith Black Mambazo. To be honest I think she's got a lot more innate vocal (breathing, phrasing, etc)than Joss Stone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 25 Aug 2006
Ms. C. Norfolk "MusicMan" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still Waters (Audio CD)
Louise Setara is going to be one of the biggest selling artists in forth coming months. This record takes you on a journey of Gospel, Country, and Jazz styles with a vocal that can only be described as mind blowing. I read on her myspace site that it's produced by Jay Newland who is the legend behind Norah Jones. This is clear in the simplistic production that allows the vocals to deliver the songs. The Album is a cross section of covers and original material which give a very spiritual feel to the record. My favourite track is track 1 Love Me Still which is just Louise's voice accompanied by piano. I can't wait for my copy to arrive and her tour in November with Beverley Knight.

5.0 out of 5 stars The voice of 2007, 13 Feb 2007
This review is from: Still Waters (Audio CD)
This album is very, very good...

I saw Louise supporting Beverley Knight and thought 'hello' she's a bit special - rare these days - and the album doesn't disappoint...

Her voice is somewhat reminscent of a more powerful version of Patsy Cline - she has mastered that 'catch' that Ms Cline has in here voice and uses it to great effect on many tracks. Standout tracks for me are Circle, Let it be me, One Fine Day, I can hurt and the truly spellbinding Aint Gonna let you break my heart again - which is an amazingly mature performance for someone of her age.

[...]

And, yes, you should buy it...you won't regret it....

Love

Neil

5.0 out of 5 stars I love you Louise Setara :-), 3 April 2007
Mapoo (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still Waters (Audio CD)
When I first heard this singer @ the Beverley Knight concert I thought wow who is this Mariah Carey the second, her Voice is so Unique and awww she gave me Goosebumps lol, She is sooo great, I got her autograph too hehe, this album I love it, there is not one song I hate, I love em all... buy it she deserves it...

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful vocalist ...., 11 April 2007
LoftyScribbler (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still Waters (Audio CD)
I found Louise Setara "by accident" when I had done a random search for something completely unrelated to music! How glad was I to come across this beautiful album? I'm sure that through the coming, wonderful summer months, this album will be a constant companion - easy on the ear and a pleasure to listen to. Well done to the artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem of a find, 10 Jun 2007
Ms. Janet Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still Waters (Audio CD)
I bought this album without knowing anything about the singer and immediately fell in love with her voice and the whole album, playing it 6 times over in the car on my long journey home. Her voice is just superb and I suspect will get even better. Her voice is reminiscent of a mix between Sheryl Crowe and Eva Cassidy. Track 10 especially is very much in the style of Eva Cassidy but mainly her voice and style are their own and if you enjoy easy pleasant melodic listening you must buy it! I have never written a review before but I just wanted to tell others how much I have enjoyed this, it will remain one of my strong favourites.

4.0 out of 5 stars What a great start, 3 Jan 2007
This review is from: Still Waters (Audio CD)
Simply superb. For a young lady of only 17 to get so much emotion into these songs is a wonder. Buy this album when you get the chance, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album - still fresh after all these years, 14 Oct 2012
Lori "Lori" (Campbeltown, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still Waters (MP3 Download)
I bought this album in 2007 - having first heard the title song 'Love me still' when Louise was either Ken Bruce's or Terry Wogan's pick of the week on Radio 2. I played the album to bits then, and unfortunately lost it in a move - so I am buying it again now! This is one of those albums, like Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours', that doesn't have a weak track. If you have the opportunity - buy it - you won't be disappointed.

Still Waters
Still Waters by Louise Setara (Audio CD - 2007)