5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pencils
Published on 4 Jan 2010 by E. Hunt

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
They are OK for the price and if your not doing anything too technical or realistic. The price is fine for the quality, and is about on par for what they are worth.
If you want to do some serious art work rather than recreational colouring you'll need to spend a bit more money, these don't really blend, and are very hard, so you end up with that shininess if you try...
Published on 28 Nov 2012 by Johnny Fluff

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pencils, 4 Jan 2010
E. Hunt - See all my reviews
I am a geology masters student and with mapping and cross-sections colouring can be vital to my degree coursework. I've found these colouring pencils to be excellent, the pencil leads have never broken and they colour smoothly and evenly. The triangular shape and rubber coating also makes them very comfortable to use, even when using them over a period of several hours. The case is one of the best features as allows the pencils to stand up, which makes it much easier to swap colours when using them, but also protects them during transport. I keep mine in my bag daily and have travelled with them all over Europe on field trips, but they have never broken.

I have tried many different makes of colouring pencil but these are by far the best I have used.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite pencils, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Staedtler Ergosoft 157 SB24 Triangular Colouring Pencils - Assorted Colours (Pack of 24) (Office Product)
I love these.
I studied Art and Design for my degree, and work as a goldsmith; I do a lot of sketching and designing. I always used to use Derwent pencils, but I came across these a while ago and wouldn't use anything else now. The colours are gorgeous; you can shade from barely-there light to fully saturated; the coverage is great, they feel fantastic in the hand and on the paper; value for money is amazing and I really wouldn't swap to anything else.
And yes, the odd white layer round the coloured core really does seem to stop lead-breakages. Can't recommend them strongly enough (and the watercolour pencils are just as good, by the way.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coloured pencils, 30 Aug 2009
Bought these coloured pencils for my daughter for secondary school. She says they're the best coloured pencils she's ever used and she's been drawing since she was 3 and now she's 11. Great colours, nice colouring effect and they don't break when you sharpen them...which unfortunately we've found with other makes. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - best pencils I've ever owned, 22 Jan 2011
I can't begin to say how impressed I am with these pencils. I never knew such coloured pencils existed. I'm so used to cheap naff pencils, generally in floppy plastic cases so that they all move around and fall out easily. When I read the reviews of these, I was sold, and hoped I wouldn't be disappointed. Well, they have exceeded expectations. What a fantastic design of the case (and why on earth has it taken me until I'm 30 to see a company use such simple but effective initiative?). It beats even pencil tins, because once opened, the flap opens up to become a stand. This makes the pencils readily available, no more scrambling around trying to find the right colour, and when closed, the case closes securely - something that tins still don't provide. The pencils are soft and beautifully true to the colour on the coating. Very vibrant. They colour in very smoothly and easily, and also evenly. My experience of coloured pencils has always been scratchy colouring-in straight after sharpening, ending with shiny, blunt and hard going colouring as the pencil wore down. Not so with these, no matter if they're sharp or on the blunt side, they still colour effortlessly. I assume it's the soft lead that enables this. I always associated pencils with hard work, but these are a dream to work with. I was a little sceptical over the triangular shape; I thought it might be a tad painful over prolonged periods, but they're very comfortable to use. As you can see, I'm in raptures over these. The colours available are great, so glad I went for the 24 set and not the 12. The only little niggles I have are these: there is no light shade of pink, which may or may not be a bit problematic if you want to colour white people. There is a tanned kind of colour that might suffice. Not a problem for me as I'm not using them as children might, but using them for work. That said, the range of each colour is very good.
I can't comment on whether they break or not as I haven't put them through their paces in terms of travel... though they got to me through the post and none of them are broken. As the pencils get worn down and shorter, I wonder if they will rattle around in the compartment a bit. I hope then that the anti-break technology will be proven at this point!
I have sharpened one straight out of the box. The triangular shape made my (round) pencil sharpener leave little indentations on the coating. I notice that they've arrived from factory having been sharpened on each side of the triangle. I don't have the time or patience to sharpen these with a knife, so I will settle with the indentations. A small price to pay for such quality pencils. Staedtler have come up trumps.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for revision, 25 May 2012
I bought these by accident last year (i meant to buy the fineliner pens!) but im glad i did, these where worth the investment.They really helped me with my GCSE revision.

Whilst revising i found:

The Pencils to be comfotrable, especially as i was working hours at a time.

and

they give great quality colour you definatley notice the differnce.

I will now be buying the 24 pack as i was so impressed

5.0 out of 5 stars Good grips, 2 Dec 2012
If your kids are anything like mine they are for ever dropping pencils. Cheaper pencils seem to be dropped once or twice and then you just go on sharpenning them over and over trying to get to a point where the lead isn't broken... With these beauties that doesn't happen. They have some amazing technology that means the core is protected and also because they are triangular they not only are easy to hold but also don't roll of the table top!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant pencils, 23 Dec 2011
I am in yr 9 and I use theese pencils for everything! i love art and i doodle over many things but all my ther pencils leads would break. My friend had theese and rrecommended them to me. The are a triangular shape so they are comfy to hold and also the matieral they are made out of is quite soft so this makes them even more comfy to hold. they have an anti break system so the lead does not break in them. i have had theese pencils since september and not one of the leads have broken! they are very easy to sharpen! they come in a nice plastic box which then can be made into a stand to hold the pencils which is very handy for setting on your desk! there is also a little label where you can put your name! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 2 Dec 2011
M. Stringer "rockabilly rebel" (London,England) - See all my reviews
Case doubles as a stand, triangular shaft shape for a more ergonomic grip, soft "lead" so colour scribes easily and fully onto most paper types and the leads are extremely resistant to breaking-my four year old twins and two year old toddler certainly give the pencils a thorough robustness test and no broken leads yet! Excellent pencils for kids-why aren't all pencils like this?

5.0 out of 5 stars Ergosoft pencils, 7 Dec 2012
Very good quality product which sharpen well.
Important to use them lightly or they will quickly run out.
Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pencil set: perfect for school use, 19 Oct 2010
Fantastic quality pencils that don't break at reasonable price and in a very original and practical case. My kids love them as do all their school friends.
I have bought more sets: they are EXCELLENT gifts for birthday parties!