After many years (15+!) the bulb in an old IKEA desk lamp I had owned from new finally packed up recently.

"Oh no!", I thought - knowing that sometimes IKEA use unusual, obscure bulbs in their lighting products - "I'll never be able to replace it..".

Published 2 months ago by John Mounsey

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work
The product did not work. Not sure if it was the lamp itself or the sockets. Whatever it was I will not know as I have thrown them both away.
Nonetheless, I was impressed with the careful way in which the lamp was packaged and the speed at which it was delivered.

I hold no grudge.
Published on 23 Sep 2010 by Kevin Gordon

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for (with a cautionary note on Amazon's slack packaging!), 13 May 2014
John Mounsey "Mounsey Web Consultancy" (Sheffield, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Osram Dulux S 11W 827 Very Warm White (Housewares)

Fortunately, however, the bulb had a part number printed on it - and a quick search on Amazon soon product up a couple of the bulb I was looking for. A further 2 minutes later and the bulb had been purchased. Perfect!

You can probably share my dismay, then, when 48 hours later my Amazon order arrived - with the bulb packed in a single piece of Amazon's "wrap-around" cardboard !!! (no bubble-wrap, no "breathing space" - the bulb was snuggly wrapped in standard cardboard. Eek!

Fortunately though (and somehow..) the bulb had survived the journey - and my beloved IKEA lamp lives to light another day (hopefully more!).

Be sure to check the precise part number before ordering, as I believe there are two different lengths of this style bulb available..

John.

5.0 out of 5 stars PROMPT AND EFFICIENT, 1 Mar 2014
S. Squires - See all my reviews
This review is from: Osram Dulux S 11W 827 Very Warm White (Housewares)
GOT THIS ITEM A COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER I ORDERED IT...THE BEAUTY OF THE INTERNET IS YOU CAN SOURCE PREVIOUSLY TRICKY ITEMS WITH A FEW TAPS OF THE KEYBOARD. VERY PLEASED WITH MY PURCHASE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Osram Dulux S 11W 827 Very Warm White (Housewares)
Looked everywhere for this lamp and found it here . I would definitely recommend this product and service to a friend. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Product and Excellent Service, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Osram Dulux S 11W 827 Very Warm White (Housewares)
This is what I can say perfect customer service and value for every single penny.

Fitted properly and worked without any issues. Earlier I was sceptical to buy this kind of products from online as I have read lot of negative reviews buying fragile items online in particular with light bulbs.

Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase [More than expected] and it is quite a lot cheaper than Home Base, B&Q and other high street retailers and I would definitely recommend this seller to anyone without any hesitation.

Last but not least, it is arrived 1 day before estimated delivery date and what a fantastic service!!!, hence they deserve 5 out of 5 rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says.....provides good light, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Osram Dulux S 11W 827 Very Warm White (Housewares)
Does what it says.....provides good light and order was delivered very promptly. Use this product on a daily basis for work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Osram Dulux S 11W 827 Very Warm White (Housewares)
Felt I should write to balance the last review. My replacement lamp arrived promptly and was exactly what I wanted. It works well in the light fitting I have. Perfect.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work, 23 Sep 2010