VINE VOICEon 31 December 2011
We have been using Splash About products since we first took our son into the water, at just over two and a half year's old he has finally outgrown the largest available baby wrap (Splash About neoprene Baby Wrap (swimwear), Navy, Medium 6-18 mths) and we have upgraded him to the combie wetsuit.

This is a very high quality half wet suit made from the same material as adult wet suits but finished (there are other colour options) in a snazzy navy blue with red highlights. The design requires the child to step into the legs (which go down to about the knee) and the rest of the suit fastens over the shoulders with velcro. It fits him very well already but I can see that there is plenty of room for him to grow. I will update this review when we see just how old he can get before it gets to small but I am quite hopeful to get up to the four year mark as specified.

I don't think you can beat this garment for taking your child swimming. It leaves the arms and neck completely free for maximum mobility whilst wrapping the core body in neoprene for warmth. Legs are free below the knee for ease of kicking.

Very highly recommended.
on 9 January 2013
i love these wet suits. as apparently the world will end if swimming baths turn the heating up, my kids could't cope withiut them. both my children are slim and so don't have much body fat to keep them warm, these just give them that extra help. the only down side is i ordered this for my son who is just over 2 and it only just fits, he dose have a slightly long torso, but this is supposed to be up to age4 so a bit dissapointed
on 19 May 2015
My son used to get so cold in his swimming lessons (what is it with pools nowadays) that it used to put him off swimming altogether. I tried rash vests etc but he still stood there shivering.

I bit the bullet and purchased this and it has transformed swimming. I no longer have to sit there poll side feeling terrible that my son is cold in the pool. He loves his new 'surf suit' as we call it. Have received many compliments on the suit. Only grip is ridiculous sizing. My 4 year old is getting too big for the 2-4 suit but way too small for the 4-6 (i have both)

But overall we are really impressed. We have purchased one for our 2 year old too.
on 19 November 2013
I have had one of these before. Very thick neoprene, perhaps heavy out of water but slightly buoyant in it. Easy to put on and off, attractive, leaves arms free to move. I bought this one because I have 20m twins. One wore my older daughters suit. Result in the local swimming pool = one shivering twin and one happy twin. Hence purchase of second suit. The Velcro does stick to the neoprene and make it untidy but it still works. I doubt it would fit a 4 year old though.
on 13 May 2015
This is the third splash about suit I have bought for my LO and I would continue to buy them if necessary. They are excellent at keeping him warm in the pool and he appears to like wearing them. Only down side is they are small in size so you need to bear this in mind when ordering, I always buy the next size up for my LO and this seems to work.
on 4 October 2013
Great product. Keeps my child warm in the pool but it states it fits a 2-4 year old. It fits my 2 year old snuggly, cant see it fitting him at 3 even with the velco straps as he is a tall child. Despite this, I am glad I purchased this product.
on 14 March 2011
My son aged 5 loved going the swimming pool but was always shivering with cold. I purchased the Splash About wetsuit & now he hardly thinks about the cold water in the pool and can stay in much longer. It is easy to get on & doesn't look out of place in the pool. Although, as with all wetsuits it is a struggle to get out off but well worth it. Now I wouldn't take him to the pool without it.
on 18 July 2012
Delighted with this product. It easily rolls on and off, and whilst I was concerned buying an outfit to fit a two year range, the 2 - 4 year old size does indeed fit my 28 month-old daughter well, with lots of room to grow as an added bonus. It also doesn't look out of place in a swimming pool which is great.
on 9 June 2015
I have a skinny 5 old (soon to be 6), who just couldn't last through his swimming lessons because he was shivering so much. Now, he can focus on his lessons and enjoy more free style swimming with his brothers afterwards. Great!
on 27 January 2013
Colour
Quality
Keeps him warm!

Don't like
Not too sure if it will fit when he is four- perhaps sizes length would be useful instead of age