Format: HardcoverChange

on 12 January 2011
An absolutely beautiful book. My parents had this when I was child with Peter Scott's evocative illustrations and although I had a paperback version of this wonderful short story I wanted a hard back copy.
To be honest I was surprised when this arrived - the illustrations were exactly as I remembered and the quality of the book overall was much higher than I was expecting.
The story still moves me every time I read it and will always be one of my favourites, however coupled with the artwork this is an exceptional book.
on 7 April 2013
This is just such a great story. my sister had the book when she was in her teens and I read it when I was little but I was too young to understand the story. It's a beautifully written story with vivid depictions of landscape and human relationships overcoming loneliness and isolation. I wanted to read it again as I'm composing piece of music and found the story an inspiration. It's very poigniant. Much more rewarding to read as a grown up.
on 13 February 2009
The story of The Snow Goose is short but tells a story with which many of us are familar; the evacuation of Dunkirk by little boats in the Second World War. The story of the lonely artist, young girl and the appearance of a Snow Goose who has lost it's way whilst migrating is told in few words but evokes strong images of this time in history .
on 31 July 2014
This is a true classic- easily read in a short time - and makes me cry every time of the unrealised love - and my dad was a Dunkirk so particularly poignant
on 6 January 2016
It doesn't take long to read this story....but it stays with you, makes you think and restores your faith in mankind especially these days
on 12 November 2015
I love this book with Scott's illustrations and watercolours. It makes me cry every time.
on 23 February 2013
I was given my superb copy of this wonderful book when I was about ten years old. I also received the record of the story being read, which gavemuch to the sstory because of the the relationship between Rhayader and Frith, the hanting cries of the Snow Goose, and the epilogue (almost) in its completely different setting of an Ebglish pub just after the rescure of so many British soldiers from Dunkirk.
My own copy is enhanced by having paintngs by Peter McIntosh placed at imported places in the book.
I cannot see how anyone coud fail to love this book.
on 14 January 2015