on 2 April 2013
For this price if you are looking for a splitter look no further you have found the item you require. Fantastic bit of kit for the cost, strong well made a joy to use.
on 9 November 2012
this item is just amazing for the price. i am using this product on a projector as i have 1 audio out and 2 sets of speakers and set of headphones that need the amp to be able to hear any sounnd and this product just works amazing, just plug the wall plug in and connect your devices and you are away.you may need the 3.5mm to 6mm adapters to make this compatable with your stuff but they are very cheap to buy off of amazon. the amp itself is very high quality with a metal body and plastic volume knobs that have just enough tension on them to keep the volume contollable. if you are worring that this itme wont have enough power to go loud enough for you, dont worry it will lol

in a quick overview this item is very high quality and in my opinion the best option you can go for on a low budget. BUY BUY BUY :D
on 1 October 2010
This amp certainly is a steal at this price! Even though it isn't technically a headphone amp, it certainly works well as one.
here are just a few specs on this product that I feel are rather important for you to know:
24volts of power
1 input socket (1/4 inch female socket)
4 output sockets (1/4 inch female socket)
volume control for individual output
power indicator

I find it extremely useful as with the 4 channels, I can listen to for things at once; it lets me compare the sound quality of each of my many headphones at once. Even though it's not a top notch amp, it gives the sound in my headphones some warmth, bass and life. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone on a budget (like me).

Now here are my niggles:

you can hear a faint and distant hum from the product itself when you insert you're 1/4 inch jacks.

The power slot is definitely too big for the power plug (numurous times the power plug falls out from the least amount of movement (but you can claim it as a safety feature).

metal casing seems to conduct some outside sound to the headphones (when you 'knock' on the casing, you can hear it being transferred to the headphones (or speakers)

But don't be put off by these niggles. They are hardly anything. Overall this product is a steal; great for studio novices and budgeted audiophiles. So I'd definitely buy again and again (only if they sort out the plug problem)But thanks behringer for another high quality product!!!
on 19 May 2014
The Behringer HA400 is the lower-end headphone amplifier by Behringer. However, it performs quite well as a headphone splitter and the individual volume knobs are a useful and effective function.

I have only one issue with this product, which is actually quite common among headphone amplifiers, even from other manufacturers and even with higher-specification headphone amplifiers. This issue is the reduction in sound quality from the audio entering the amp from the source, to the audio it essentially "amplifies" and sends to my headphones as an end result. Many people complain of this problem, and while there are some possible solutions, such as lowering the input volume or moving the device further away from possible interference, most are ineffective.

The depressing reality which I have recently faced is that it will be very unlikely that I will be able to find a headphone amplifier which is capable of amplifying audio without compromising the quality of the audio. This is a real shame but perhaps, in the forthcoming years, a new headphone amplifier will be manufactured with new technology to effectively protect it from interference, all the way through from the source of the audio, to the 6.3mm socket connecting the headphones. One likely method of doing this could be to supply cables with the amplifier which have the necessary ability to carry audio signals between devices without losing quality.

Overall, I am satisfied with this product, (at least for £15), because it does the job and whilst the audio quality isn't fantastic, it's not easily noticeable to someone used to basic sound quality. I also like the 6.3mm inputs and outputs. As opposed to standard-quality 3.5mm outputs, the outputs on the HA400 allow connections to high-end, professional headphones (typically these use 6.3mm) without the need for a jack adapter, especially as these adapters are known to decrease sound quality further.
on 11 May 2014
What can you say about such a simple device except it functions exactly as expected, gave plenty of volume with a range of different cans and seems sturdy enough to take some bashing. Only demerit, and in common with all similar devices, is that you have to power it from a wall wart which means mains must be nearby and you end up with two cables to the amp. Answer is to remotely power it by removing the power socket and attaching a multicore cable which carries both volts and signal. Job's a good 'un
on 13 February 2013
I have a small home-recording set up and usually only record one thing at a time; usually me playing an acoustic instrument and/or vocals. This year I decided my wife and I would make a demo of our acoustic duo, which means she'll be playing double-bass, adding vocals or another acoustic instrument to what I've recorded.

So I had to go from one pair of headphones to two, which meant I'd need a headphone amp.
After reading loads of reviews I went for this one and I'm mightily pleased with it. It does the job perfectly well; it's as simple to use as is humanly possible, it's tiny, and it's cheap!

Why spend more on something that is no better? I'd recommend this to anyone starting out on a low budget; for the cash you save in buying this amp, you could invest in an extra pair of headphones! If you bought this amp and, for some reason were unhappy with, you could sell on a well known internet auction site and recoup most of your money.

I'm a Behringer fan, and this little amp is a perfect example of why!!
on 12 October 2013
Works great as a headphone amplifier for my xbox. But it is a bit annoying that all the sockets in this device are 1/4 inch (large) jacks, so I had to buy a few adapters to plug everything together.
on 11 November 2013
FOR A HOUSEHOLD WHERE ONE HAS NORMAL HEARING AND ONE IS PART DEAF -IT IS ABSOLUTELY IDEAL BOTH CAN HAVE THE VOLUME LEVELS THEY NEED.

IT WOULD HAVE PROBABLY GOT 5* if it hadn't a slightly loose connection sometimes when i move the headphone cord .
on 17 February 2016

on 26 January 2016
This is a very handy piece of equipment to have, to get good quality sound, you need a good stereo cable from the source to this little amp,
make sure that the input volume is not to high otherwise a mains hum will be heard in the output to the headphones.
I found what works for me is, I set the level on the amp to the12 o clock position, then increase the volume from the source so that its comfortable to listen too, then the other outputs can be adjusted to suite.