4.0 out of 5 stars A real Motivation
Published on 6 Feb 2007 by 4kk

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K, cheesy but so much fun!
This is actually an alright workout video, it got me sweating and laughing. As a child I used to watch Mr Motivator on morning television before school and loved him. Now I'm working out and saw this for under £4 on amazon. Couldn't resist!!!
It has 11 different 7 minute sections which can be mixed and matched to form an individual workout. There are:
*A couple...
Published on 14 April 2009 by E. Newton

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K, cheesy but so much fun!, 14 April 2009
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
*A couple of soca calipso workouts; lots of hip wiggling and dancing, good for the abs and hips. Quite enjoyable.
*Tums; a bit of mat work on the abs, then some bums and legs work.
*Bums; squats and other stuff to tone that butt.
*Legs; more squats and lunges to work the legs, you feel it!
*Upper body conditioning; stretches and work with weights to tone the shoulders and arms.
*Pyramid (bootcamp style) and pyramid; daily dozen; both get heart rate up then let it drop and continue this pattern. Lots of jogging, jumping, squats and grooving!
*Bikini workout; to tone arms, bums, legs and tums.
*Stretch; to cool down
*Party section; last bit of dancing much like the soca calipso sections.

Mix it up and enjoy!! Completely cheesy but such a bargain for a decent workout.

4.0 out of 5 stars A real Motivation, 6 Feb 2007
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I used this to kick start my weight loss program and my family commented on my thighs looking more streamlined-even without dieting! It is easy to mix and match sections. Yes, sometimes the 'dull-elevator like' music does get in the way, but I tend to focus on the moves, besides it is upbeat and always in my head! Easy but effective. The pyramid is awesome. I will definitely recommend this DVD and will buy another one to interchange with when I get bored. I really get motivated by Mr Motivator.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but....., 22 Feb 2007
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I saw Mr Motivator for the first time on the TV show, the Wright stuff this year and bought his dvd because I liked what I saw. I told a friend that I had bought his dvd and she laughed saying thats whom her Mum and peers used to use. I didn't know him because I haven't lived in England that long.

I thought the dvd was fun. I enjoyed the dancing perhaps because I have an African background. Some parts reminded me of dances we did in the playground at school! I liked the music and each section has different music, some of it has a reggae feel! It has 9 sections which you can mix and match for your workout. Like the other reviewers my favourite is the pyramid especially the second one. The only section to make me really sweat!

The down side of this dvd is that it did not work me hard enough. I am of average fitness. I haven't worked out in a while but do a lot of walking and have two young kids. Each section lasts just 7 minutes and just when you think, this is getting hard, its over. There is a few seconds wait before the next section which cools down your heart rate as well.

After reading lots of various fitness reviews, I decided to go with the Davina dvds and I must say that is waay better. Perhaps not as fun but really gets you going and afterwards you feel like you have had a real workout!

5.0 out of 5 stars work out with fun, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
Feeling overweight, out of condition and generally displeased with myself so finally decided to do something about it. Mr Motivator gets you working those muscles but his enthusiasm rubs off and you cant help but smile whilst feeling better about yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for middle-aged women - honestly!!, 7 April 2009
Strictly Dancer (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I'm 26 years old and when I was a teenager my mum and I used to do her Mr Motivator videos together. I loved him then and I still love him now!

I'm sure his crazy outfits and over the top enthusiasm are a turn off for some, but if you look past that you'll find a great work out.

I do one dance class a week and that's all the exercise I do. I'm of slim build but not exactly fit. This DVD is perfect for me as it gives me a great work out, leaving me feeling like I've actually burned some calories. It's set in Jamaica in various gorgeous locations - which reminds you of why you are doing the DVD in the first place: you want to look good in your bikini on the beach, right?

There are different sections on the DVD, including sections on bums, legs and tums, and 2 fantastic pyramid work outs. A pyramid workout is where you do one exercise, then you do another, then go back to the first, and keep repeating the different exercises, each time adding a new move. Your heart rate goes up, then comes down, then up etc.

My favourite thing about the DVD is that if you haven't got time to do the whole thing (which is about an hour and a half), you can choose which sections you want to do. It will always play a warm-up and a cool down section with your chosen workout, whether you choose them or not (you could cause yourself an injury if you don't warm up properly).

I love the way he is so positive and gives lots of encouragement - OK it's not really me he's talking to when he says 'Come on, you can do it, you're looking so good!', but it helps!

If you're new to a fitness regime this is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivating and fun, but not enough on tums, 19 Aug 2008
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
After watching Mr Motivator's fitness series on Channel Health called 'The Fitness Zone' I became a real fan. The majority of the 11 approx. 7-minute long sections on this DVD remind me a bit of the 'Fitness Zone'. The fact that you can mix-and-match the sections to create your own workout is really a plus.

There are some nice warm-up sections in a dance aerobics style, and I also enjoy the sections on 'bums' and 'legs', which feature a good selection of muscle toning exercises for the legs and bum. There is also a good 'upper body conditioning' section on this DVD, which can be done with or without weights.

However, I was quite disappointed with the 'tums' section. This section only shows 2 or 3 tums exercises, but then it features exercises to strengthen the upper arms and the inner thighs instead....

The 'stretch' section was also a bit disappointing for me. It is very short and I would have liked this to be a longer section, as stretching before and after exercise is so important.

The camera work is sometimes a bit strange, e.g. when Mr Motivator explains an exercise for the legs (you have to put your foot like so and so and you knee like this...) and the camera just shows the heads and shoulders of Mr M and his exercise group! It helped me to watch the whole DVD before attempting to do the exercises.

Generally speaking though this DVD is fun and it makes fitting exercise into a busy day easier, since you can choose if you want to do just 10 minutes, 20 minutes, one hour etc. I do hope that Mr Motivator's exercise videos will be released on DVD as well in the near future. One of them is bound to have a proper section on 'tums' (I hope)!

4.0 out of 5 stars good workout, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I already have 2 of Mr M s dvds and this one is just as good . What I like is that you can take it easier or work harder and adapt some of the moves .It should suit all abilities, and is fun to do . I am a senior citizen and still exercise on 3 to 5 days a week to keep fit and flexible .

4.0 out of 5 stars :) i'm satisfied if she's satisfied, 10 May 2011
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD for my mum. She loved the VHS series. She collected the majority. Ever since doing them she became a size 12 from 16.. She did these over the years however! I bought this DVD, because of her love for the previous series.. her response was that it is excellent! Soo thank you :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 1 Feb 2010
Mrs. T. V. Beesley (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
This is a really good workout for busy person or someone who gets bored easily.
There are lots of workouts to chose from and then the warm up and stretches are added in automatically. You can do from 15 mins to over 1hr workout.
Good calypso music and typical Mr Motivator slightly cheesy guidance.
I toned up well within a few weeks

4.0 out of 5 stars Kick start your fitness regime with Mr M!, 21 Jun 2008
This review is from: Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this dvd to kick start my fitness regime but hardly use it anymore because I don't find it challenging enough. Saying that, it's great when you haven't got long to exercise (each section lasts only 7 minutes) and you can combine various sections and get a fairly good workout.
My main criticism would be that it feels like you're forever stopping and starting so it's hard to really get going. The pyramid workouts are pretty challenging however, especially the second one. I also like the soca calypso sections because you learn some good dance moves. It takes a while to get the hang of though!
Overall I think this is a great dvd to ease you in to a regular fitness regime. It's very easy to adapt to a busy lifestyle and the exercises really work. One thing I notice is that most of Mr Motivator's moves are adopted in other fitness dvd's like Natalie Cassidy's. Mr Motivator is a very reliable and trusted instructor. I only wish that he'd bring out a more challenging dvd or that some of his old VHS workouts be converted to dvd format. He's the original and best!

Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD]
Mr. Motivator [2006] [DVD] by Mr. Motivator (DVD - 2006)