5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite yoga dvd
Published on 9 Aug 2007 by poshbecky

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for beginners
I would not recommend this DVD for beginners, despite another review here saying it is suitable.

I have done yoga for years and this is a very fast paced and fairly difficult yoga workout - not for the fainthearted!

It is not my favourite yoga DVD. . . . .
Published on 4 Aug 2009 by S. Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for beginners, 4 Aug 2009
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)

It is not my favourite yoga DVD. . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite yoga dvd, 9 Aug 2007
poshbecky "EJ" (Faroe Islands, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
This is not traditional yoga with slow breathing, where you hold your poses for a long time. This a very fast paced athletic routine with 5 seperate 10 minute routines for your entire body. You can do each one seperately or you can put them all together for a really challenging yoga routine. The instructor is very skilled, has great form, and gives very clear instructions. But be warned this is not for beginners as the pace is very fast, and no modificationsa are shown. But if you are familiar with yoga this could be your next step. You will be not disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 20 Mar 2007
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I have tried many yoga dvd's, some I love and some I can't even bring myself to follow, but this one is great. Its broken up into 10 minute sessions to either do individually or create your own routine.

I am not a big fan of sun salutations as I find them mundane, but this video combines a great sun salutation series combined with a yoga burn, which definitely gets you started in the morning.

Def worth checking out!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and effective, 7 Feb 2008
C. Mak (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I agree with other reviewers that it is not the simplest DVD for beginners, but it gives a great workout and the 10 minute blocks are ideal for busy people. It even allows you to mix the workout in the order you prefer.

I am really enjoying this - it isn't relaxing, but it is very effective for fitness.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing relaxing about this!, 3 July 2007
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I am new to yoga having only done classes for the past few months. I bought this DVD as I liked the idea of 10 minute workouts - and would agree that this is a benefit of the DVD as you can do as much as you like.

However, I found the instruction too fast to follow safely at times, but maybe this will improve as I get to know the postures.

It is not relaxing in any shape or form and I thought the music was slightly irritating.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 21 Jan 2010
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd was very good, i already do yoga/pilates at a class and founf this dvd to be a great follow on as i knew all the positions and great to use inbetween classes.

Could take a few times to pick up if you have never done anything like it before but is great if you know basics to work from.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout that really makes you sweat., 5 Aug 2009
E. Setakis (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I am new convert to dvd workouts, to be honest I always thought they are a bit lame. Not anymore obviously. This DVD is one of my favourites at the mo, actually I am becoming a bit of a fun of the 10 min solution series.
It is more of a yoga based workout than a yoga practice. A bit more fast paced and no meditation/relaxation. It is split into 5 10 min sections: yoga basics, yoga for buns and thighs, yoga for abs, yoga burn, yoga for flexibility. The flow relatively well and I do the whole thing as I don't like picking which body part to exercise. Having said that sections 1,4&5 seem to be whole body workouts.
After the 50mins I definitely feel like I've just had a good workout and stretched out all my muscles. I would definitely recommend, however if you are after a traditional yoga practice this DVD is not for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, relaxing and easy to follow., 28 Jan 2009
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I do this DVD several times a week. I have days when I do the full 50-minute session, and sometimes I just use the 'Relaxation' segment after another workout on a different DVD, such as the Kick-boxing Boot Camp one.

Lara has a soothing voice, and you soon find after doing it a couple of times that you get into a rhythm with it.

It's definitely something you'll want to do regularly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too fast movements for Yoga beginners, 15 July 2008
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
The exercises in this video are made too fast for yoga beginners. I would not recommend it for Yoga beginners. In fact, only the last part, the stretching and relaxation part, is suitable for yoga beginners. Sorry but I have seen better.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 min yoga solutions, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this dvd work out after a visit to the doc's said i kneed to loosen up my back with yoga and palates. As my back was v stiff causing constant pain getting worse or better threw out the day. I dont have much time as a mother of 2 under 5v's. I am not new to excersize and walk a lot. I was warned of zumba as too abrasive for my condition. So your dying to know did it help. Yes! I started doing 20 mins a night and alternate with palates solutions. And after 3 weeks I was more symmetrical and I was more sculpted and my confidence was growing! Whats more my back pain is a lot better, I look forward to my workouts I enjoy the sessions and they do become easier I now do longer workouts and cope easier than when i started doing them. I now have 5 of this range and alternate them to avoid getting board with the work outs. I highly recommend them I am now starting my fifth week of 5 nights a week brill. Now go buy it! It's worth the money.

ARRAY(0xb13af3f0)