on 25 May 2014
Hilarious, naughty, inventive. French and Saunders humour. Really do I need to say more? The sets, costumes and acting were all superb. If I could, I would have taken a half star off for no subtitles or closed captioning (which would have helped me immensely) but aside from that a wonderful "historic" romp.
on 4 September 2007
This was not a critical success, but that's because the critics were wrong -- French & Saunders have never been better and the whole series is hilarious. You will laugh out loud many many times!!
on 19 January 2013
This is a french and saunders offering that is so under rated.The casting is great.The plot lines may verge on silly but the humour is witty and slightly dry.The sets and costumes are wonderful too.It is 'en-cre-arbla' as they say in 18th century France.
on 20 April 2011
I purchased this simply because as a French & Saunders fan I seek out their work and this sounded absolutely crazy. Well, it is. It is completely nuts. But very very funny. These two girls look so normal on the outside, but are so very subversive on the inside. Playing a high-born lady (Saunders) and her decidedly common maid (French), they go places in comedy we usually only see men go. Usually late in the evening my husband drops off to sleep so I put something on just to amuse myself. The night I put this DVD on he woke up astonished, then started laughing and never shut his eyes again. I'm rather glad there are only six episodes of this program. The physical demands alone might have killed these two women had there been many more.
on 24 May 2013
French and Saunders are very funny and have brought together a superb cast for this - alas far too small - series of high jinks at eighteenth century (or thereabouts) Versailles.
GF
on 15 December 2014
This series generally didn't make a big impression when it was first on television - but, in my opinion, it's well worth buying. It's well written and acted, and absolutely hilarious!
on 31 October 2013
The dvd arrived in perfect condition! Shipping was very fast! The series is fantastic! You always know it's quality viewing when French and Saunders are involved!
on 1 May 2014
I remember this serird first time around on tv but it has never been repeated but I enjoyed it
ans very good value and fast delivery too
FANTASTIC!
on 25 July 2013
loved this tv series so was so happy to find this on here, the were quick sending the DVD witch is good for an impatient sod like me :)
on 9 January 2011
absolutely brilliant,but what else would you expect from a team such as French and Saunders? they just seem to get better and better with each episode. can,t wait to see their next effort,that is,hoping they do another as good as this one!!!!