Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 May 2016
great album, good service.
on 14 January 2016
Excellent......
on 13 December 2015
Good cd
on 19 March 2007
I haven't got this album yet, but I listened to it plenty on Air's official Myspace before they released the album, and it's definitely a brilliant piece of work. Having owned all the other Air albums, with the exception of the Virgin Suicides soundtrack, I've found that this is one of the easiest to listen to. Moon Safari was definitely a great, genre-defining album, but it's follow up, 10,000Hz Legend was a lot harder to get into the first time, and I thought the same of Talkie Walkie. Pocket Symphony however just eminates beauty, and I think surpasses what they Godin and Dunckel achieved with Moon Safari. If you've never listened to Air before, this'd definitely be a great place to start. And for those who love Air, don't hesitate with this one, you won't regret it.
on 12 March 2007
I was really looking forward to this release, after being overly impressed with Walkie Talkie and of course the seminal Moon Safari.

Bit let down to say the least. None of the tracks stand out in comparison to Walkie Talkie and indeed the earlier albumn feels far more diverse and contemporary than this latest offering. A particular low point being the track recorded with Jarvis Cocker- A complete missmatch and one of the worst tracks on the CD. Begs the question why?
on 10 March 2007
I must admit that I purchased this album on impulse - never a good thing, I know, but I thought it worth the risk considering how much I enjoyed Air's first album. Naturally, then, I was very disappointed. The whole album is deadly slow, gloomy, almost funereal in its depressive sound. Piano and acoustic guitar are to the fore along with soft drums, great if you need to catch a quick snooze, but terrible otherwise. Track 8 is the best, but it's still pretty poor stuff.

This album has the feel of an indulgence on the part of the duo - certainly there will not be any number one singles released from it. HMV had this album listed in the Dance section - East Listening would be more appropriate. Needless to say, this one is going straight onto eBay at 99p!