5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, prompt delivery
I can't find 12 of these filters cheaper elsewhere and unlike one reviewer they arrived within a couple of days of ordering. Not the most exciting of purchases but they do the job.
Published on 14 Aug 2007 by Dr. Paul Ell

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy three of the 4 packs and save £1
Don't get me wrong, these are great little filters, particularly if you have one of the filter kettles as they're so quick and easy, and for that they would get my five stars.

Published on 17 Sep 2010 by Shazspun

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, prompt delivery, 14 Aug 2007
Dr. Paul Ell (NI, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Brita Maxtra 9 Pack Water Filter Cartridges (+3 Free) (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Idea!!!!, 3 July 2007
Ms. C. E. Heyes "Princess" (Preston) - See all my reviews
I bought thses from Amazon and it saves me having to remember to buy them every month when I go to the supermarket. With this pack I have a full years supply of cartridges in my cupboard and it works out cheaper than if I buy the cartridges one by one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy three of the 4 packs and save £1, 17 Sep 2010

BUT why buy 12 filters at £39.99 when you could buy 3 packs of 4 at £12.99 each for £38.97 on this same site, saving another £1. This advert is misleading as there is no 3 packs free at all, maybe if you bought them at full price somewhere else. But do your sums and shop around before you get conned into buying something that you think is cheaper.

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Powder, 6 July 2009
Nijad F. (Birmingham, Uk) - See all my reviews
I bought a Brita jug when the Maxtra filters came out to the market for the first time. Initially, I noticed a black powder at the bottom of the jug, after a few days use. I contacted Brita and they sent me a replacement Maxtra cartridge. Later, I bought a new batch of cartridges from a different source, but the issue kept persisting. I complained to Brita, and they again sent me a replacement cartridge. I told them I was concerned, but I was told that the black powder is safe to drink. In Birmingham we have soft water.

However, I bought Brita jugs for my children (one with the old design cartridge, and the other with Maxtra cartridge) but neither has noticed the black powder. London has hard water. Although more than two years has passed, we still notice black powder at the bottom of the jug from every cartridge we use. I do wash the jug every few days. I wonder if anybody else has noticed this powder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value, great time saver, best ever price., 30 Dec 2008
Raju Tdpa "Raju" (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Its the second time I am ordering the One years supply and its grat value for money and excellent time saver. Never run out of the stocks and as I order this when i have 3 or less in stock and I always look out for tis offer. Really great.

1.0 out of 5 stars over priced, 10 Jun 2013
Usually I purchase my replacement brita cartrages at argos,six pack for £15.99. Looking at Amazon the cost is the same as Argos but the pack of nine at Amazon is an astonishing £39.99!!.how can an extra three cartrages cost £24 !!!! Two pack of six(12) will only cost. £32 at £15.99 each?

4.0 out of 5 stars Maxtra Filters, 15 Dec 2010
K. Pritchard "Karl" (Forces abroad) - See all my reviews
I am happy with my purchase, however seller should state that the filters come loose and not boxed in original packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic deal!, 7 April 2008
I ordered these for my new filter kettle-it was the best offer anywhere on the internet or in supermarkets. They arrived within a week of ordering using the free super saver delivery option!
Excellent deal, fantastic product and great service from Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars cheaper last year, 17 Sep 2008
T. Roberts "T" (xx) - See all my reviews
i must admit i purchased these last year for £31.00 off Amazon which was fantastic cos have one left and its been greeat not having to go out and buy them. Considering buying them again albeit they are more expensive for exactly the same item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Argos is cheaper, 7 May 2008
T. C. Lai (London) - See all my reviews
Argos gives you a jug + 12 filters for 39.99 now... and they were selling a 6 pack for 15.99 a few months ago. Sainsbury's is 37.50 for 12 pack, or 21.69 for a jug + 4 cartridges.