5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!
Published 20 months ago by Tomgeek

1.0 out of 5 stars Nippon kodo
THEY STINK HAVE HAD BETTER SMELLS COMING FROM A FARMYARD SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BURN YOUR OLD SOCKS!!!! OR USE WITH A PEG ON YOUR NOSE!!!!
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by P. J. De Maziere

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
Arrived within two days of ordering which was brilliant. They came nicely packaged in a lovely little yellow box. I haven't really much experience of incense but after buying some cheap incense from a local shop which essentially just smelt like a stick on fire, I browsed internet sites for recommendations and sandalwood seemed to be popular. The fragrance is quite light and very calming and the sticks don't smoke excessively unlike cheaper brands. That said, this product is fantastic value for money. I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
If you're looking for a sandalwood incense stick, this is what you want. High quality at an excellent price for three hundred. (The 1-star review here is bizarre.) The fragrance is gorgeous and has the characteristic deep calming, uplifting effect. When it comes to sandalwood, my search ends here.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only incense I can use..., 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
I must agree with the other reviewer who could not understand why the one star review... This incense is very delicate and rather subtle, so even if you do not like the fragrance (which I could understand) it is very unlikely that you could say that 'it stinks'.

I discovered this incense over twenty years ago, through a japanese friend while teaching in China for a year. For many years after returning to Europe, I looked for it everywhere, remembering the name as 'shoran koh'[does anyone know if it ever was called this?] and I tried many many many many other incense sticks, in the hope of finding an alternative. I am very sensitive to smells, I suffered from sinusitis and rhinitis for many years; I react really badly to any other incense! So I have tended to only use essential oils with an oil burner.

This incense however, I can have burning in the room where I am without any problem. The fragrance I find, helps calm the mind - I love it and recommend it highly. I am so glad I can buy it so easily. through Amazon nowadays!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Nov 2012
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
This incense arrived within two days of the order. It was carefully packaged and well presented. I started burning incense in the 1970s; Sandalwood being my favourite scent. I have purchased many different kinds of incense but this was my first exposure to Japanese incense and I was delighted by the experience. The sticks of incense are 14cms long. I did not time how long they burn for but it was long enough and the scent remained long after they stoppped burning. The scent is more subtle than Indian varieties, and there is less smoke, but the whole house was soon permeated by the warm gentle scent. I recommend it highly, and I will certainly buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars For every-day use - Mainichi Koh, 16 Dec 2011
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
Am so glad that this incense is now available on Amazon. I had previously been obtaining it from another website and delivery time was not great. This incense is gentle and is designed to be used every day. If I am at home, I am usually burning it. The burn-time is about 15-20 minutes per stick, even though it is advertised as burning up to 30 minutes. I love this stuff and is definitely my incense of choice, above any other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicate smell and good value, 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
I have been using Japanese incense for over 20 years.... I much prefer the delicate nature of Japanese incense compared to Indian or other incense. The Mainichi Koh incense comes in an attractive yellow box and smells delicious even before burning. One stick is enough and the gentle whisp of smoke that comes when you burn the incense is attractive and not overly smoky. The scent is a classic mix of Sandlewood and other aromas and is very reminiscent of the sophistication of Japan. I would recommend it wholeheartedly as an aid to chanting, meditation or just creating a calm atmosphere. It truly is good value and deserves the "every day" title implied in the name Mainichi Koh. Five Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality incense, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
This is wonderful quality incense. As soon as I unwrapped the package I was greeted like an old familiar friend from long ago... I used this incense decades ago when I was an art student and have not used it since, hence my poetic description, for that's how it felt.

Adds a very welcome presence to my study and assists in focussing the mind on creative and spiritual pursuits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality at a super price., 16 May 2013
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
I like Japanese incense and have been experimenting with various types in the "roll" form and have never been let down by the quality.I was a bit skeptical when i first saw this product as it seemed so cheap in comparison to the "rolls". I can honestly say i have been greatly surprised by the quality. It is very subtle yet fills the room with a lovely aroma. An absolute bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and service, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
It was the first time to buy a product from this seller. Order arrived very quickly. Was a bit disappointed when first saw the length of the incense sticks. However the stick last for 40 minutes, longer than the seller claimed. I am using incense sticks of another make, which are 1/3 longer but lasts at least five minutes shorter than this one. The smell is light and soothing. Very happy with the choice. Definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars They burn for age's, 21 Feb 2012
This review is from: Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
I was very happy when i got my Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks.
They will last me age,s ,to say there small sticks the first 1 i burned lasted around half an hour time's that by 300 lol .
All i would say is not too have them to close to people or children when burning as they can be a little strong on the nose.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›