‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and service, 22 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
This is really fantastic value for money. It's made out of sturdy plastic, and the battery is already installed so it's all ready to go at the flick of a little button on the side of the light.
P&P costs were low, and I ordered it on Sunday evening and it arrived the following Tuesday morning, packaged nicely in a big box.
Very highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars shame it didnt have any sounds...., 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
thought this hat was funny, just a shame that it didnt have any 'two's' to go with the 'blues' !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Police Helmet, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
This is a very robust item and a lot of fun. I bought it to use with children with special needs and it has had a lot of rough handling and survived. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Good evening, all.', 12 Dec. 2013
Hal Marshall "It wasn't me!" (Brentwood) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
I bought one of these recently to enable one lucky family member to take on the role of 'Dixon Of Dock Green' this Christmas during a few well-organised rounds of 'Give Us A Clue'. Even if I do say so myself, that character is a worthy replacement for Liza Goddard as captain of the British Detective Team while Kojak himself shoves Lionel Blair aside in favour of the American Cop Brigade. Meanwhile, I shall be doing my best to bring a little bit of Michael Parkinson to the occasion - just in case you were interested. No, I know you weren't, but I just thought I'd mention it anyway.

This helmet takes 3 AG13 batteries, which I believe are some sort of watch batteries; whatever they are, they are already installed in it when it comes out of the box. They power three little bulbs on top of the helmet which, when pressed into service, give an incredibly dazzling blue light display. In a dark room, it looks for all the world as though there's a police panda car right outside your window.

It's a very impressive little product and I'm sure it will give 'Dixon Of Dock Green' an extra comic element this festive season. It is solidly made and really does look the part. Well, apart from having a bright blue light on top of it, of course. For reasons I won't trouble you with here I did, once upon a time, have cause to send for a different policeman's helmet, at the behest of my former wife. It was a terrible fit, made me look utterly ridiculous and had some kind of siren that went off whenever the little button on top of the helmet hit the headboard. It was not a very pleasant experience, believe me: trying to concentrate, at the behest of my former wife, on horizontally reading her her rights while she was more preoccupied with complaining about the size of my helmet was certainly not my idea of fun, I can promise you.

Even though this particular helmet is large enough to accommodate an adult head quite comfortably, and even though it looks really smart and makes much more effective use of its own 'right to remain silent', I would sooner die than become embroiled in any bedroom activities with it. I don't care if the elastic strap DOES keep the helmet firmly in place even when you've got your head at some very funny angles... if you ask me, that's even MORE reason to keep it well and truly out of any kind of bedroom situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Police, 22 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
This police hat was well worth the money we have one happy little boy all his friends asked where we brought it from

4.0 out of 5 stars look good, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
bought 2 of these for my children(age 2 & 4) little big on 2yr old but with a hat on underneath it's fine they use them whilst driving their police car they both look brill in them with the flashing lights, only downside would be the top of the light comes of really easily (sorted this though with a little selotape!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 15 July 2014
G Verity (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
Does what it says - flash a bit dim in the daylight but at night this comes alive. Kids would love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nick Nick!, 14 Aug. 2013
G. Tully (Leics UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
Bought 4 of these for school play. Was worried that they would be too big as say for adults but fitted 10yr olds perfectly. Don't think they would really fit most adults but a good quality and good fun product that stood up well to the task. Flashing lights not very bright though so had to lower lighting every time wanted them to show up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars the recipient was very pleased!, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
arrived as expected, bought as a gift, the recipient was very pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and served two purposes!!, 9 Sept. 2013
D. Slattery (Crawley, West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiffys Police Helmet with Flashing Siren Light (Toy)
I bought initially as a joke for work as my manager suggested that my staff and I are more "visible" around the company.... This went down well.... yes I still have my job! second use was hours of fun for my daughter and still going strong....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›