on 27 March 2009
I am a therapist and sometimes need to record discs. I have a good mic, but had to use a huge boom stand, which got in the way of the desk and was bulky to store. This little desktop stand does the job. It is small, and folds down even smaller, so it will fit in a briefcase with your laptop if you need to travel. It holds the mic at the right distance/height for me to record onto my PC while I'm at my desk working. My only criticism is that there is no 'boom' part, so you can only get the mic as near as the feet will allow.
on 24 July 2013
It holds a Rode M3 very securely, which is not a light mic. The ONLY reason it doesn't get 5 stars is due to the mic clip supplied. If you're using a good mic, you should use the mic clip which was supplied with it and not the horrible thing that came with this great little stand.
review image
on 29 June 2009
Delivery time good as always, and the product is very handy and well designed as it is compact but when unfolded does eveyrthing you need a desktop stand to do!
on 4 January 2013
This mic stand is used by my wife when she calls bingo at the local day centre. She finds it very helpful as it leaves her hands free so she is very pleased with it. Simple and easy to use and small and compact when not in use.
on 26 March 2015
It feels rigid and sturdy in your hands and the wide legged base means that it won't fall over easily. The tripod arrives with the legs folded away but you can extend them with a neat swivel. There's a slight lip in the plastic which means they softly lock into place when extended, which is nice because it stops them swivelling back out of place during use. This low-tech lock is easily overcome with your hand so it's possible to recollapse the legs into their original position for storage/travel.

My favourite thing about this little tripod is the excellent attachment options that come with it. The standard attachment is a 3/8" male thread but this can be turned into a 1/4" or 5/8" male thread using the handy nut adapter included. It also comes with a clip which would work great for a cylindrical microphone. The clip strength feels strong enough to me but I'd say you'd need a cylindrical mic with a diameter of at least 15-20mm for it to grip tightly enough.

I'm using it with a Samson Go mic which screws into the 3/8" thread perfectly. This is the second desktop tripod I've tried and I'm much happier with this one.
on 29 July 2009
Excellent little stand. The height is fairly small, but can be adjusted to perfect height for recording guitar (put it on a table), voice (a higher surface), and on the floor to record through an amp. Great also for a simple desktop stand for chatting on skype etc.

I am happy!

EDIT: price has gone up to [...] for some reason since I bought. It goes without saying that you're not very sensible if you buy this for £1000
44 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2012
I ordered this yesterday (6th June 2012) and it arrived here around 20 minutes ago. The plastic construction feels cheap, but overall - I'd say it's far from that.

I recently bought a new computer workstation/desk and needed a new microphone stand for my Samsung GoMic USB Condenser since I'm a YouTube partner and provide regular reviews as well as tutorials. I wish that I could extend it a little to make it higher but after doing some tests - the height is acceptable. If you're intending to use this on a low desk, it might not be for you, but otherwise this is a very nice stand. My first too actually, since I was originally using a MacGyver style contraption before made out of a wire-frame coat-hanger.

For the price, I can't knock a star off for the lack of extension - so I'll still give this a 5/5.
on 21 August 2012
Works as described on Amazon. Reasonably sturdy construction includes rubber feet, so no wobble or unnecessary vibration.Very limited vertical extension, but that is to be expected from a desk stand.
The three screw fitting options which allow the mic clamp to fit other bases could do with an explanatory diagram: mine came with the wrong sized female
thread in the clamp in position and it took my small brain a while to work out that this silver thread could be entirely removed to give access to the largest female
'nut' which is black and is the only one to fit the male thread on the tripod. I will now lose the silver nut and discover in 18 months time that I need it.
Pity there is no keeper in the tripod for this. Otherwise, the stand is fine.
on 28 February 2014
I bought the behringer c1 condenser microphone and i mounted it easily onto this stand as it comes with thread adaptors, which is nice.
However, the fold-able legs of the stand should "click" into place when you open it, which it does, but by doing so, the legs aren't equal distance apart, meaning you have to position your mic at a certain angle if you don't wish for it to tip over.

It might be because the behringer c1 is heavier than the mics supposed to be used for this microphone stand or it might be because it's mouted at an angle (if you look at the behringer c1, you will see what i mean), but for me it's a little annoying to have to mess with the legs every half an hour or so to make sure my mic won't fall.
on 17 June 2012
I work for a small video production company, and many a time on a shoot we need to record 'voice overs'. Finding a suitable quiet location is the first issue to sort out. Then comes mounting the mic in such a way as to keep it isolated, no mean feat with the Sennheiser MD46, our usual interview/VO mic of choice.
Rather than have the mic stuck on the end of a pole or, worse still, camera mounted, this little beauty can be placed just about anywhere. Very lightweight and compact, the legs fold out to form a stable footprint, aided by the fact they are rubber tipped to prevent slipping.
If that wasn't enough, it has 1/4", 3/8" and 5/8" threads so no rummaging around for a mic clip with the correct thread. A £5.00 bargain.