5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Headphones

+ Cheap!
+ Neat design
+ Included in the package is a 3.5mm Stereo Socket To 6.3mm Stereo Plug Adapter
+ Audio control on the cable

- Hurts to wear (tight on head, material squeezes ear)
- Bad audio quality (loads of poor bass tries to compensate for weary and low quality build)

In...
Published on 17 July 2010 by Adam Tzur

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Headphones, 25 Aug 2009
Brian A. Randall "briran" (Beds UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QTX Professional Digital Headphones
These are well made full size headphones offering good value for money. While they may not be not comparible with higher end headphones on the market, they are very comfortable to wear with sturdy construction and produce a reasonable closed back sound providing ample bass. The inline volume control is useful and the metalic blue finish gives them a stylish look. For a budget buy they are highly recommended and seem built to last. If you are using these for your TV or HI-FI you may find the lead a little short though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 28 Oct 2009
C. L. Monument "Caryll Monument" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QTX Professional Digital Headphones
I suffer from degenerative deafness and now that watching the TV is proving impossible, because it has to be too loud for the rest of the family's comfort, I spend a lot of my leisure time watching DVD's on my laptop. I needed a new pair of headphones, which had a built in volume control and did not cost a fortune. I am absolutely delighted with these. They are good looking, comfortable to wear and best of all, give such good sound quality, that I do not have to have them turned up fully and I can also hear the dialogue without the subtitles, as well. All in all, I am thrilled that I chose these, because they do exactly what I need them to and in my opinion, are really excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive Headphones, 22 July 2010
Michael Bodle (UK) - See all my reviews
OK Quick review

Pretty Blue, short cable, inline volume control

I only use this for the tv as I have a high requency loss - these do the job nicely and as I sure dont need mega bass to make me deafer they are
suprsingly clear.

The materials used are budget, but you get what you pay for (Grado SR60 are superb but a lot of money and open back design annoys others in same room)

Pleased with mine

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but poor quality product, 17 July 2010
My summarized thoughts on the product:

+ Cheap!
+ Neat design
+ Included in the package is a 3.5mm Stereo Socket To 6.3mm Stereo Plug Adapter
+ Audio control on the cable

- Hurts to wear (tight on head, material squeezes ear)

In other words, this product excels in price and design, but is horrid when it comes to the part where the quality counts: comfort and audio quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not cheerful, 5 Oct 2012
This review is from: QTX Professional Digital Headphones
I didn't expect much from such a cheap set of headphones, but not being an audiophile most things sound okay to me.
And thats the case with these headphones, the sound is okay.

My main gripe is that for me (average sized head) they were just too uncomfortable after a while on the head. The ear cups were just the right size to pinch round your ears rather than cover them, yet at the same time they always felt so loose that they might fall off any minute.

I've since swapped to a pair of Sennheiser HD202s and they are much more comfortable for me, something which for headphones should be right up there with sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars TV Headphones, 10 Jun 2010
Mr. C. M. Sear (Bournemouth England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QTX Professional Digital Headphones
Thought these would be good enough to watch tv in bed with. They are and work well. Wouldn't recommend them for hi fi, but certainly ok for what I bought them for. Good price so won' break the bank.

2.0 out of 5 stars Glossy and Blue In More Ways Than One!, 30 Aug 2014
NR2 "Narayan Kundu" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: QTX Professional Digital Headphones
I was interested in these when I saw them on sale at Amazon UK but found them a couple of weeks later at an independent music shop for a few more pounds than the mega cheap deal. I am a professional, classical and popular music musician at heart and I needed a pair of DJ headphones to work with in the studio as opposed to using my cherished pair of Sony MDR V300's - headphones that I purchased in 2011 and have been through the wars but are fantastic on sound quality.

Professionally speaking, the QTX are anything but professional. I can't understand how some buyers have given this product five star ratings. The build and design is fair for the price, yes and the cups can swivel just like a pair of professional Sennheiser or even Sony headphones. The colour is pleasing to a point and the in-line volume control is a neat feature. You even get a large gold jack adaptor suitable for devices such as electronic keyboards or others that depend on a large jack.

However the cable from headphone to the jack isn't very long. I'd say there's about 1.5 metres in length, which means the QTX set can be quite restrictive and the round cabling gets in the way if you are surrounded by other cables in a music studio. The cable also lacks the grippier texture of flat double rubber which is more withstanding and long lasting when working professionally. Flat rubber may tend to stick together but at least they are able to be located far more easily and don't bunch up with other cables. That's a professional design element for you - that's what you get with Sony.

QTX Professional "digital" headphones are pretty disappointing in my opinion. The sound quality is dreadful. No bass and tinny sounds all the way. Turn down the volume and you'll be rewarded with the feeling that whatever you are listening to is hidden behind a steel door. That's the only way I can express how bad these headphones are when it comes to listening to music.

However, with the usage of electronic based instruments, its about the only chance that these headphones have, in my opinion. It is a pity that despite the wonderfully smooth and glossy design, the Chinese company behind these headphones are pretty poor when it comes to professional promise and production. Do yourself a favour and stay clear unless you want just a basic pair of large cup headphones with little sound quality but an additional in-line volume control. They are also sold under the "AV: Link" company branding too. Thanks for reading. (c)NR2 2014.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dear Amazone,, 3 Feb 2013
Sodhi Ram - See all my reviews
This review is from: QTX Professional Digital Headphones
This is a brilliant digital headphone with sound control.The price of this product is affordable,I love it.I checked some other stores but their prices were too higher the I found in AMAZONE and I purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value pair of headphones, 27 Sep 2009
T. Jackson (Northamptonshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QTX Professional Digital Headphones
I bought these for my son and they proved to be very comfortable and good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars comfy and solid, 17 Jun 2014
Mr. D. P. Glover (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: QTX Professional Digital Headphones
these headphones are good value for money, especially when you look at the ridiculous price of some makes. They are soft on ears and appear to be solidly made.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›