5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!
When I first removed the watch from the box, I was immediately impressed with the apparent quality of the watch. For such a cheap watch, I wasn't expecting a top quality finish. But I am impressed with the display screen, it looks better than its price range in my opinion. It has been kept simple by design, but doesn't look cheap.

You can also tell the time in...
Published on 8 Mar 2010 by Joe Bloggs

2.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, bad strap
The watch is a replacement for a very similar type which has lasted 17 years and is still going well. The only reason for buying a new one was that the holes where the strap attached had become enlarged so the strap would fall off.
I ordered this watch because it had a stainless steel strap which would not periodically need replacement, but I was aware from reviews...
Published on 18 Sep 2010 by Detroit Iron

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, 8 Mar 2010
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)

You can also tell the time in bright sunlight with ease. This can be an issue with some digital watches.

The watch is quite a small, light watch. I don't even notice I'm wearing it sometimes. The face is about 3.5cm (1.25") wide, and about the same high. The strap is very slim, measuring 1.5cm (0.6") across at its slimmest point (it obviously tapers from the face).

The strap is very simple to fasten. I could not tell you how easy it is to adjust, because the watch strap fit me perfectly right out of the box. But I can assure you that the strap is simple to clasp around your wrist. It is a simple hook mechanism and then a clip to hold it in place. Giving a very audible and reassuring `click' when it is fastened. A sure sign of quality. The strap is also very easy to remove.

As soon as I opened the box (as I always do by habit), I read the instructions through. This was to see how the different functions of the watch worked. The instructions are not extensive, and are very simple to follow.

The watch has 2 functions besides telling the time(and date), in either 12hr or 24hr: an alarm, and a stop watch.

After reading the instructions and setting up the time, I then found it easy to navigate around the functions without consulting the manual, so it can be said that it is very easy to use. You could probably set it up without the instructions. Indeed, the instructions say you can't break the watch by pressing the wrong buttons, but the manual is not to long, so I would suggest reading it through (only the English bit mind!).

The only setbacks (and they are only minor ones), in my opinion, are with the light and the alarm.

The light is an LED set to the left of the screen. So when it is activated, the light is noticeably brighter on one side of the screen than the other. I would have preferred it to be a uniform distribution of light, but this is just me being meticulous. The light does its job fine, it enables you to tell the time in the dark, so I can't really complain.

The alarm is not really very loud. My hearing is pretty good. But I think the alarm should be a couple more decibels.

In summary, this watch is an excellent watch for its retail price. I am really happy with the quality. The watch displays the time in either 12hr or 24hr, with the day and date. It has an alarm, light and stopwatch. It is also very easy to operate and is comfortable to wear.

You can't ask much more of a watch. 4.8/5.

I hope you found this review helpful and has persuaded you to purchase a great little watch. Thanks for reading my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality, very cheap, and very simple, 27 Feb 2011
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)
I was very impressed about the quality when I received it; I thought the stainless steel, the quality, locking system, were going to be much worse. It looks tough, and everlasting. A very simple watch, small so it's easy to wear, very cheap, goodlooking and trendy nowadays ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as I remember it in the 80's, 2 Feb 2009
Tarby "Tarby" (Newbury,Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)
Excellent, just as it was when I bought the first one back in the 1980's.
Stainless Steel throughout. Clear LCD display and full of retro class. If you like 80's merchandise then this is for you

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but you get what you pay for..., 26 April 2011
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)
It arrived this morning, it's a lovely watch and great for the price (which went down 2 pounds the day after i bought it...). It is also trivial to set up, with a simple 3 button input explained in the manual.

It loses a star due to it's weak light (still effective in the dark) and it's effeminate strap which is quite a bit skinnier than i was expecting. That aside it's still a great watch and I'm very happy with my purchase.

People seem to be having trouble adjusting the bracelet size of the watch. I was very confused about it as well until i saw a comment that a user "ed flanders" left on a review below which reads as follows;

"All you have to do is, with the watch face side up, look at the lower clip (where the clasp hooks onto) and you'll see a slot.
Pop it up with a screwdriver and you can adjust (slide) the plate to suit your wrist.
When done, just clip the metal thing down firmly again - it's simple!" - The only downside of this comes from the spare links left over after adjustment, this is not a big deal and i'll probably get them taken out later by a professional.

Overall, A great watch and a great purchase! 4.5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)
I bought this for my brother for his 21st birthday.

He loves it. It was affordable, it works like clockwork (sorry!) but best of all, it looks the business! I have just bought myself one too :)

5.0 out of 5 stars stylish but cheap, 9 July 2012
Susana Fraga (Lisboa, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)
Got tons of compliments. Looks good on men and women, goes well with casual and more put together outfits. Its so trendy that I so it in stores for 54 euros, buy it before they raise the price here too...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the future!, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)
This watch is so cool! I now feel part of the Space Age! It doesn't have hands, it doesn't tick and it lights up! Welcome to the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect remake of an 80's classic, 20 Sep 2010
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)
Can't get much better for the price. I generally never take my watches off (I sleep, shower and play sport in them), and this watch has proven to be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES, 25 Sep 2010
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)
Purchased this watch a couple of months ago and was really impressed. Brilliant for the price and looks the part too!

5.0 out of 5 stars So 80's, 3 Oct 2010
Nikolay Dimitrov (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES (Watch)
I like it! Takes me back to the 80's...
The quality is good too, like all three Casio watches I have/had.

Casio Classic Digital Watch A163WA-1QES