5.0 out of 5 stars perfect summer sandal
I love the footbed shape of birkenstock they are very comfortable & supportive and the toe post does not rub.
Published on 17 May 2011 by barb

3.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock?
I own a few pairs of Birkenstock so when I saw these going quite cheap I thought I would order a pair. I don't think these are
"real" Birkenstock, the footbed does not seem deep enough, my foot sits on top and not inside like my other sandal's. The sole and the top do look good though, I'm going to keep these just for hacking about in. It has made me a bit wary about...
Published on 2 Sep 2012 by Kaz

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect summer sandal, 17 May 2011
I ordered these in a 38N as my feet are-I think - a normal width - I have never needed wide shoes. They are a perfect fit but only just - if you intend to do a lot of walking I would suggest the Medium width rather than the narrow as these shoes encourage your feet to spread a little and feet naturally swell during the heat. There are very good guides to help decide which width on walkingshoereview and birkenstocks own website
They are so comfortable I intend to buy more colours soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstocks are brilliant, 29 Jun 2010
I bought my first pair a few years ago and was introduced to them by a colleague who swore by them. I didn't really get what all the fuss was about and always considered them to be a bit overpriced for what is essentially a summer shoe. How wrong I was!
After buying my first pair and having worn them to death, I promised myself I would get a smarter pair. I've just had delivery of the Gizeh in Black Patent and they are everything I wanted. They're smart and can be dressed up or down and are SO comfy. I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and have had to let the strap out to accommodate my swollen feet and they are STILL comfy!
I would imagine for those people who don't like 'thong' or 'toe post' designs, these wouldn't be their thing, but I absolutely love them.
Like most shoes you do have to be careful of sizing, so I would suggest trying some on in a shop before buying online. I'm usually a UK size 8, and I wear a Birkenstock EU size 40 as they are quite wide.
Don't bother with cheap immitations- Birkenstocks are wonderful and will last for years if you look after them.

5.0 out of 5 stars classicbirky, 21 April 2012
These birkys are my faveourite style - they last forever and are very comfotable - I use them for holidays as walking shoes and they never hurt/rub
The sizing is slightly large so although I am size 8 I always order size 7 and they fit perfectly

5.0 out of 5 stars first time wearer of Birkenstock, 27 July 2011
The Birkenstock Gizeh thong sandal in gold is very comfortable, I ordered a 42 Regular width as one foot is a 41 and the other a 42....therefore one sandal does look a little long but it is comfortable and I have worn them constantly from the day I received them, I am saving for the black patent pair next!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Birkenstocks, 14 Dec 2010
I've bought other Birkenstocks before and after this pair but they are the ones I end up wearing every summer. The footbed feels a little slippery now but no doubt they'll be back out again next year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sandals!, 24 Jun 2010
Barbara Neal (UK) - See all my reviews
These are my 4th pair of Brikenstock Gizeh - I'm building up my collection of different colours! As long as you like toe-post sandals they're brilliant. The shaped footbed is very comfortable. A note of caution - I buy a size smaller than my usual so it's worth checking the fit out elsewhere before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 July 2013
These sandals are so comfortable, no need to think about just order them ,the price is fantastic. I normally buy a uk size 5 but in this style i buy 37m

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo comfortable and stylish, 25 Oct 2009
Mrs. J. Taylor (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Having found the Birkenstock Gizeh, I shall certainly be back for more colours. This is THE most comfortable sandal I have ever had and they look fabulous with all jeans, trousers and shorts. Buying from Amazon means you can get just about any colour imaginable. I had been searching for the black patent ones on the High St and on Shopping Chanels for over 2 years - why didn't I go to Amazon in the first place?

4.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, nice sandal, but sent back., 9 April 2013
Very nice sandal, good price.
But sent back as to narrow for me, even this was the regular size, shame.
I will keep looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss!, 9 April 2010
Lesley-Anne Vest (Blyth, Northumberland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I now own 3 pairs of these sandels, they truely are the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned, after a long day on my feet at work (I often work 13 hour shifts) I slip on a pair of birkies and my feet are in heaven - I even keep a pair in the car for when I need them! ONE day, I might throw an old pair away - tho Lord knows when I'll need to, because considering my white ones have been warn almost constantly for 3 years they barely look used!
TREAT YOURSELF - YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Birkenstock Unisex-Adult Gizeh Sandals Black 4 UK