5.0 out of 5 stars Best footwear ever bought
Following nearly two years for pain and discomfort caused by the condition Plantar Faciitis, I wanted a pair of summer sandals which would not exacerbate my injury and that would aid recovery.

Published on 30 July 2010 by Stephanie McLachlan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected
I love the style of this sandal and they seem true to size. However having had Birkenstocks in the past, I was expecting greater comfort, but the footbed around the toepost doesn't fit my feet as well as the others have. It's not that I'm new to toeposts - I have several of different makes - but so far the sandals are disappointing. I will persevere, though, since...
Published 17 months ago by Flossie

5.0 out of 5 stars Best footwear ever bought, 30 July 2010

Unable to 'walk flat, without shoes' they have greatly helped with supporting my foot and although the shaping took a bit of getting used to...I would recommend them to anyone else with similar foot problems. Also I went into trainers for 3 month prior to buying these, wearing them all day and they helped enormously. Obviously I did not want to wear trainers all summer and the Birkenstocks have been brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Birkenstock, 22 Mar. 2014
These are my fifth pair of Birkenstock sandals and my second in this particular style. In most shoes I wear a UK size 5 /EU 38 but, on past experience, ordered size 4 / EU 37, as I know that Birkenstock sizes are larger than average. The sandals arrived very promptly; they are a perfect fit and as comfortable as I expected them to be. A word of caution: once you have treated your feet to a pair of Birkenstock, you won't want to wear anything else!

4.0 out of 5 stars fits perfectly, 19 Jan. 2010
a friend of mine is Birkenstock addicted and I wanted to try one. Good price on Amazon! they feel weird as you wear them the very first time and as I'm used to tongues but then are very confy. love the white colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Birkies!, 21 April 2014
Would definitely buy these again - great for the summer but be sure to break them in. They will be uncomfortable at first, but once they are broken in they are the most comfortable sandals I've ever worn. I have flat feet and require arch support - Birkenstocks do exactly that.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRICE, 30 July 2013
I was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis about three years ago, and I found walking round the house with slippers on more and more uncomfortable ............. didnt help that we replaced carpets with all hard flooring! A friend suggested I should try replacing slippers with a pair of Birkenstocks and quite honestly it was the best advice I was given ............ didnt cure the condition ......... only time can do that .......... but boy did it help!

As my original pair are a bit worse for wear now, I was pleased to see Amazon selling exactly the same ones for a much better price than anywhere else ........... Great Buy.

My feet thank you!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock Gizeh Sandals, 17 July 2013
I have had these sandals on my feet for 2 hours now..I have a heel spur which is sometimes painful, I realise among other factors that its due to wearing flat shopes etc for a lot of years!!!...however all things considered they feel very comfy..I read in a previous review that someone remarked on their 2nd toe being longer than their big toe..well I too have the same problem, so I got a size up from my normal one, and they seem ok..

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstocks, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Birkenstock Gizeh 043731 Unisex Thong Sandals Leather Manmade (Shoes)
These shoes are the most comfortable shoes I've bought I have clasped arches and they realy do help support your feet as well as looking nice

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sandals, 29 Dec. 2013
Mine were eaten by a visiting dog. These were very good value and, as far as I am concerned, an indispensable part of life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic comfortable sandals, 25 Sept. 2013
Helena (SHEFFIELD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought to replace the previous pair that I had lost. Hunted around for a reasonable price for some time so know this suppliers price was good. Would have been worth more! These sandals are comfortable, versatile and last for years. And they look good as well! Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for foot support and comfort, 26 July 2013
I have some other Birkenstocks in this style and find them very comfortable. I have collapsed arches and these are the only flip flops that do not cause me foot or knee pain to walk in as they are so supportive. My other Birkenstocks took a while to get used to wearing before they became comfortable, but these were instantly wearable, probably because I am used to the fit. The only reason I did not give them five stars was because they were a little baggier than my other pair (although they are the same size and style) and I needed to put another hole in the strap. The toe post also doesn't feel quite as comfortable but I was pleased with the colour and look of the sandal. These are much cheaper online than on the High Street so well worth ordering.