5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, brilliant series!
It's great to own the COMPLETE series on DVD, the transfer to disc is of high quality...plus it takes up the space of only half of one of the VHS box sets!
Published on 1 Dec 2005 by Iceni Peasant

3.0 out of 5 stars Darling Buds of may
What can I say great program but I am sick of having problems with disc 3 part 2 it just will not play at all I have 5 DVD player in the house & a blue ray player as well as a PS3 and still disc 3 will not play on any of them so I made a back up copy of disc 3 & it works fine in all DVD players in the house I have had this problem with ITV discs before I have sent one box...
Published on 30 Jan 2010 by Gizmo

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, brilliant series!, 1 Dec 2005
Iceni Peasant (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
If you enjoyed the series when it was first broadcast in the early 1990s then you'll love this set. All episodes are included in this set: Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 and BOTH Christmas specials. There is a special feature of commentary from both Philip Franks and Pam Ferris in the first series, which is a nice addition.
This is the kind of series you can just sit back and enjoy. Timeless entertainment, and excellent acting and on screen chemistry from all the cast. David Jason and Pam Ferris are fantastic together and the first major role for Catherine Zeta Jones is good too. Highly recommended set!

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste of Nostalgia, 27 Sep 2004
A. Roberton "Alan Roberton" (Camborne, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The Darling Buds of May series is a trip into total nostalgia where it cannot fail to stir the emotions. Watching these DVD's not only take you back to a time when life was far more simple and straightforward, but full of the joy of life itself. The way the original stories have been adapted and portrayed is wonderful.
There are very few DVD's that I would watch over and over, but these are top of the list and will be for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars A WONDERFUL COLLECTION, 27 Mar 2007
M. A. Sutcliffe "peppa2" (Lancashire England) - See all my reviews
I purchased this collection about a year ago and have watched it several times since then. It's great to be able to watch episodes in the correct order. I really recommend this collection. I never tire of watching it, it's such a comfortable story and makes you wish you lived with the happy go lucky Larkins as their story unfolds.

5.0 out of 5 stars OH TO BE IN ENGLAND, 9 Aug 2007
L. Wilson (Natal South Africa) - See all my reviews
Living in Africa can have its downfalls, one is I missed the T.V. release but we did get it eventually and wow was it worth the wait. David Jason was born for the part of Pop and Pam Ferris is the only choice as Ma. Catherine Zeta Jones and Philip Franks certainly give 100% as do the supporting cast. Life with the Larkins is a gentle stroll down memory lane and their genuine enthusiasm for their parts shines through in every episode. If H.E. Bates himself had done the casting I don`t think a single actor would have been changed, everyone is perfik

5.0 out of 5 stars When life really was perfick!, 7 Nov 2002
Paula (Sutton Coldfield, England) - See all my reviews
Wonderful family entertainment, delightful storylines, superb acting. Suitable for everyone from 9 years old to 99 years old! The episodes with the Ma shaped swimming pool and supper in the bath scenes are classics. Darling Buds of May will never date, it's over 10 years since it first hit our screens and if anything it improves with age. It is lovely to be able to follow the Larkins from the first to the last episodes of Darling Buds.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best 'feel good' videos I have ever seen., 23 April 2001
A. Roberton "Alan Roberton" (Camborne, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I never saw the television series when it was first broadcast, but managed to see one episode when it was repeated some years later. I bought this boxed set to see if it was as good as I remembered. The first episode' "The Darling Buds of May" starts as it means to go on. The way in which the book has been interpreted is simply amazing. Even now, after seeing the video several times, I still have tears in my eyes when at the very end, Pop says that it was raining and he describes it as, "Soft as cobwebs." One of the best videos I have ever seen, I only wish it will come out of DVD - if it did, it would be all the excuse I need to buy a good quality DVD player. If you like nostalgia, a simple story well portrayed by brilliant actors and a good old-fashioned storyline, then go out and buy the whole three series - you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't make them like this any more!, 8 Jun 2004
Remyrobson (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I have loved The Darling Buds of May since I was seven and recorded every episode on VHS, this is great because I have watched them many times, however, VHS doesn't last! When the DVD was released I ran out and bought it. I'm sure people purchasing this item are fans of the programme and the wonderful episodes are unchanged. For me the bonus of owning the DVD is that I don't have to fast forward through the adverts from 1993 and I know it won't run out in a couple of years! Buy it, it will be an asset to your collection and if you can't remember one or two of the episodes or subtle jokes then you can curl up on the sofa and refresh your memory, don't worry if you find yourself grinning at the TV, this is a normal reaction!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, heart warming, family entertainment, 20 Aug 2006
DavyA (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is a fantastic box set featuring all of the episodes from this marvellous series.
The stories are heart warming, nostalgic, gentle & funny, in equal measure.
David Jason & Pam Ferris are truly superb in their portrayals of Pop & Ma Larkin & the rest of the cast are just brilliant.
A real favourite with my family. The kids love it & it's one of those DVDs they like to watch on a frequent basis.
I can't recommend this highly enough - treat yourself,you surely won't regret it !!

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST PERFICK!, 17 Jun 2009
Crafty Marie "mariej30" (Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Just finished watching the entire series. Absolutely bloomin perfick, as Pop would say.

The Larkins are the kind of family I could go on watching forever. Funny, kind, generous, warm - and boy do they know how to eat well. This is family viewing at its very best, with something for all ages to enjoy.

Brilliant acting, wonderful rural scenery and plots which are gentle as the rolling hills with a view to take your breath away.

If you're looking for pleasant, family entertainment you can't do any better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great show!, 6 Oct 2008
Ms. Nancy J. Steele "njsvt" (Vermont/USA) - See all my reviews
I agree with the other reviews.. also wanted to say that all the episodes are there. I almost did not buy this when I read on a review that episodes were missing. They aren't missing. I checked the episode guide on numerous sites and it is complete.. Enjoy!

THE DARLING BUDS OF MAY [Feature Length Episode]