5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
Published on 23 Nov 2007 by Jax

3.0 out of 5 stars Embarrsingly Impressive
Here's a surprise confession, I'm a 27 year old straight male, and remember quite vividly the rise of perhaps the biggest boy band in pop history since the beatles. And yet despite the pressures they put on my failing adolescent love life, I have been surprisingly impressed by the return of Take That.

Anyone remember the embarrasing work out session with Lizzy...
Published on 3 April 2007 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 23 Nov 2007
Jax (W. Mids UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beautiful World: +DVD (Audio CD)
I liked Take That first time around but never bothered buying any of their music. I heard "Patience" on a TV show and knew straight away that this was going to be a special album. I was right! I wasn't really interested in getting the DVD with the CD but I'm so glad I did. Beautiful World is a wonderful album which will appeal to both old and new fans. I'm delighted to see that the lads look great, sound better than ever and can still dance! Robbie, eat your heart out! Welcome back, Take That!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 9 Feb 2007
Dianne Gibb "Dixxy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
Well what can I say the boys are better than EVER!

Howards wee grace in Mancunian way was sooooooooo sweet!

I think this album is their very best. Wooden boat has a very cool country/folk sound and I cried with I'd wait for life.

Shine and Hold on are undeniably marks best vocals.

I would recommend this to anyone even folk that were not die hard fans back in the olde days!

Welcome back MEN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful World indeed!, 14 Jun 2007
N. Bardhanray (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
I was fairly indifferent to Take That's previous material -- with the exception of "Back For Good" -- and wasn't sure whether or not to buy the new album purely on the strength of "Shine". I'm glad I did. It's a great album to de-stress to. The lyrics are beautiful and I think the music more mature than their previous stuff. There's quite a good mix from the traditional ballads, through to the Beatlesque Shine to the folky Wooden Boat, which personally I love, and I like that all 4 members of the band get to sing. Although I never missed them, I say Welcome Back Take That!

5.0 out of 5 stars welcome back boys!, 9 Dec 2006
S. Firth (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
how brill is it to have these lads back! my sister was always a bigger fan of them than i was because she was older but i did love their old stuff, and now that they have matured, i think this album works so well.

it took time and a few listens for 'Patience' to grow on me but it has. my faves on the album are 'shine' and it has mark's fab voice singing it. it's such a happy song. and 'wooden boat' is sang beautifully by jason. and 'like i never loved you' is gorgeous.

it's a brill album and i recommend it to everyone. i actually think these boys are better with age and better without Robbie Williams, as much as i love him also. he's better solo. these guys are better together. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish there was more of 'em here in the States, 13 Mar 2007
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
My introduction to Take That was just over two weeks ago. Picked up NOW magazine and saw a pic of them from their prime in the early 90's next to a pic of them today. Just one look at Jason Orange was all it took. I had to see more of this guy! That photo led me to youtube to see some of their videos. Came across a song called "Shine". Now, I'm not too keen on buying albums by bands I've never heard of before (WHY didn't they blow up like the Spice Girls over here!), but on the strength of "Shine" as well as a couple of their older remakes (like, my all time fav disco song "Relight My Fire" and "Could This Be Magic"), I took a chance on this CD. I prayed that it wouldn't be a bunch of slow songs. But, I thought there have to be a couple of dance jams a' la Relight and Could This Be... Long story short, the most upbeat song on the CD is "Shine". "Beautiful World" is kinda mid-temp too. I love the whole album. My fav songs right off the bat are "Shine", "Mancunian Way" and "What You Believe In". I also like "Patience", "Ain't No Sense In Love" and "Hold On". "Wooden Boat" was a little too Joan Baez/hippy/au natural/John Denver/Grape Nuts for me in the beginning. It's growing on me though. I've just been playing the whole CD on random setting and enjoying all of it. The harmonies are otherworldly!!!!! Just beautiful. From a brand spankin' new TT fan to anyone considering getting this album, I say RUN, DON'T WALK to your nearest record store and GET "BEAUTIFUL WORLD" (or order it online like I did). Even if you're someone like myself who HATES slow songs, you'll like some of these ballads...if not all of 'em. I've also just ordered "Take That: For The Record". I reckon it'll be a proper introduction. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars TT better than ever!, 6 Feb 2007
K. L. Ball "kerryb222" (Newark, Notts. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
WOW! This is Take That at their best! Beautiful World is THE best album in my entire collection (trust me I've got thousands). Like many TT fans I'm over the moon the boys have returned but I'm even happier that they've done so in such amazing style and sound. If you were never into the whole boy band thing now's the time to buy your 1st TT album and prepare to be blown away! Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its good to have them back., 8 Jan 2007
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
A really good comeback album from Take That, one that indicates there will be more great albums to follow. I could go on and on about this album, but i'll try some up each track for a quick overview of the album:

Reach out - Uptempo start to the album, very catchy, you'll be signing the chorus over and over after just one listen. I was! 4/5

Patience - Don't need to say anything do I? Class! 5/5

Beautiful World - Really nice song, sung by Howard mainly and his voice really works on this track. Deserving of title track status 4/5

Hold On - Mark takes over vocal duties on this track, one of my personal faves and kicks off a superb middle section of songs. 4/5

I never loved you at all - Gary back on vocals and my god, what a song. Really catchy in a uptempo ballad kind of way. Marvellous. 5/5

Shine - Back to Mark, great song, very catchy and uptempo, if it is the next single it has No1 all over it 5/5

I'd Wait for life - A real grower. Classic ballad from Barlow and he sings it very well, lovely bounce to the song and its a real sing-a-long too! 4.5/5

Ain't no sense in love - My favourite track on the album, a Gary led song but classic Take That, brillaint. 5/5

What you believe in - Mark on vocals, a nice song, not a standout but very good all the same 4/5

Mancunian Way - Probably the weakest song on the album, I don't really get it to be honest but its inoffensive enough. 3/5

Wooden Boat - Jason on lead vocals, a folky number that is a real grower 4/5

Overall, 4.5/5

Brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely compelling, 12 Dec 2006
E. Rice (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
This is not just a good album, but a fascinating look into the lives of the TT boys (minus R. Williams) since the band broke up in the mid nineties. Somehow there is an honesty about this record that makes it surprisingly moving. There can be no doubt that TT are leagues ahead of every other boy band that appeared after them, not just because they had better songs, but because every member of the band offered something unique. They felt real where others simply seem like cardboard cut-outs. The same is true today. They are interesting where Westlife are dull as ditch-water, they offer intelligence, humour, style, where other bands like them simply offered a five second flash of the chest. Howard, Jason and Mark make great contributions to this album, and what makes me want to listen to it again and again is because it is like listening to oneself growing up. As a teenage TT fan the first time round, I now find myself realising how much more sexy, more compelling, boys are when they grow up and become men. A welcome return.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums I have ever heard, 11 Dec 2006
J. Lee "Joshua" (Pohang, South Korea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
I have never written a review on Amazon.co.uk before, but just decided to leave one for these boys. Recent pop music has not attracted my attention for some years, but once I listened to this album, I just fell for it. Every track is fantastic and, i think, worth a single cut for No.1 on the chart. Take That is so special in a way that the group has its own excellent song writer, which makes a big big difference with other boy bands. Brilliant, just brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Take That...are back!, 9 Dec 2006
This review is from: Beautiful World (Audio CD)
I got this for my girlfriend and now im listening to it! All the tracks are brilliant. Gary Barlow's voice is better than ever before, particularly strong on tracks 2 and 5. Howards voice is very good on track 10 and they must release 11, "wooden boat", because here is the little gem. Its sung by jason and its sort of a folksy/country style - very catchy and heart warming. overall - im glad to see they are back. Welcome back boys, we've missed you.

Beautiful World
Beautiful World by Take That (Audio CD - 2006)