5.0 out of 5 stars review 1
these wikki stixs were bought for my grand children they have really enjoyed playing with them i have enjoyed them cos they dont make a mess
Published on 10 Feb. 2009 by E. J. Towse

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!
Not enough to do anything constructive with, expensive for what you actually get, if you buy these buy several packs or it's just not worth it. Feel a bit let down!
Published on 18 Dec. 2012 by jenfer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars review 1, 10 Feb. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 8 July 2009
Mario486 "Mario486" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wikki Stix Rainbow Pak (Toy)
We recieved a small pack of these at a restaurant in Orlando while on holiday and my 5 year old son loved them. On returning to the UK I managed to find a seller and bought a number of packs. Not only for my son but also as presents for other children. Not often that you come across a childs toy that is this cheap but so much fun. I normally end up playing with them as well. Very durable as long as you return them to the packaging after use. Perfect also for use on planes, cars, restaurants etc. NO MESS !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!, 18 Dec. 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for little fingers!, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Wikki Stix Rainbow Pak (Toy)
I got this for my 2 year old and it is one of those products that is amazingly versatile. We keep them in a plastic bag and they come with us when out and about, taking up no space, so I can keep my toddler occupied very easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, 8 Jan. 2014
Debra Joy Andrew (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wikki Stix Rainbow Pak (Toy)
Was having trouble trying teach formation on numbers and letters to a group of reception aged children, now they have fun using the stix first and then write it on their board.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant clean dry fun, 9 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Wikki Stix Rainbow Pak (Toy)
Very entertaining,brilliant for long plane,ferry,journey,these are coloured wicks,in wax make great shapes and pictures,
My child likes to pile them up,and pull the wick from the bottom,without moving the others,they also enjoyed
rolling and making balls some big and small,they had fun in playing bowling, they never dry out,and once pulled they straighten up,
They make great pictures,let the imagination run wild,

5.0 out of 5 stars Wikki Stix, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Wikki Stix Rainbow Pak (Toy)
This is a great resource for all children in general - they love the sticky feel to the brightly coloured, bendy sticks and there is literally no end to the creations they can make. I use WS with my blind pupil, who is able to create tactile images, models and patterns in a fun way. Everyone can join in. they are ideal for all children as they are bright, bendy, colourful and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 18 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Wikki Stix Rainbow Pak (Toy)
A restaurant gave my little boy these for free whilst we were eating dinner. They are really just pipe cleaners with some wax on but they are quite addictive to play with! and you can make all sorts of shapes.

Good to take to dinner as a destraction for a while for young children!

3.0 out of 5 stars Distraction, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Wikki Stix Rainbow Pak (Toy)
Bought for a 7 hour plane journey for a 2 year old and has yet to be used. I can imagine it will provide some entertainment but you do not get many strands/sticks in the pack so not sure what an older child is realistically going to make?

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Waxy - Not As Good As Bendaroo's., 28 April 2010
This review is from: Wikki Stix Rainbow Pak (Toy)
The Wikki Stix are thick pieces of coloured yarn covered thickly in wax. They bend and stick to each other. This pack contains 24, 4 each of purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red. You can cut them with scissors if you need a smaller size.

They don't stick to theirselves or each other very securely or neatly. This is because the wax is very bobbly and the surface is very uneven so there are gaps and they have to be squashed together to make a neat join. This makes the wax blend together which makes it difficult to pull them apart without the wax cracking/peeling off.

The product description states that they can be reused and the wax won't crack etc. I rolled one up into a loose spiral and unrolled it and the wax was coming apart from the yarn, which is very fiberous, and cracking. It is not the wax that is coloured it is the yarn underneath, the wax is white so once it started detatching itself from the yarn it was very obvious. I think that once you'd used them a few times bits of wax would fall off.

They are also very tacky and greasy and once I'd been handling them for a few minutes I was aware of a tacky residue on my hands. I had white linen trousers on and wasn't confident at all about them touching my clothing. I haven't tested it out obviously so I can't say whether they would mark or not but if you purchase these I'd say be very wary of your carpets and soft furnishings and childrens clothing. There is a warning on the leaflet that says - if any residue appears wipe with DRY paper towel. That would be very useful on carpet...!!

The idea and activities leaflet was rubbish. There was a simple Wikki Stix man to make, that looked like a model of a very young childs drawing and then suggestions such as make a creative and exciting valentine's box and the valentine to go in it, make halloween masks by sticking them to paper plates, make wearable art - necklaces, rings, bracelets. Write your name on your bedroom door. MORE IDEAS Ideal for science projects.....diagrams, cross-sections, and 3-dimensional figures. So not good at all - no instructions etc.

I'm 31 and bought these as they were cheap, in a moment of madness for myself to play with. I'd recently looked after a friends 6yr old son and had great fun playing with a box of bendaroos, I found a review that said these were similar and actually better. I found this small pack so decided to go ahead and order them. I have made a bird to test them out. I used around a third of the sticks, it was quite solid when made but then I squashed them together to get it like that as they just didn't join properly. The picture on the packet was of a person with sunglasses on. If you can imagine a childs scribbly drawing with gaps in, and not really looking like anything properly them that is what it was like.

If you have a child thats not fussy and doesn't mind what the end result looks like, or wants to make something more solid and not re-use them and keep it intact as an ornament/decoration (and you buy more) then you won't be too disappointed with these. However they would need to have a very active imagination as there are no step-by-step instructions of ideas to start them off before they begin to make their own creations.

Bendaroos are far superior to these. They are straight sticks, the wax seems to be impregnated into them instead of a coating. They seem more like wire but aren't as the yarn is very compacted and they somehow seem more flexible and you can bend them into more deliberate shapes. They stick together neatly and they can be twisted, bent, stuck together and then untwisted and they are like they'd never been used.
If i'd never seen bendaroos then maybe this product would have got a 3 star rating from me, but I strongly recommend that you buy bendaroos instead.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›