5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality and ticks all my boxes, 9 April 2010
John Williams (Apeldoorn, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Slik Pro 330DX Complete Tripod (Accessory)
I bought the Slik Pro 330DX as a support for my recently acquired Pentax K-x DSLR. I was looking for something of good quality, firm and sturdy but also small and light enough to be stashed in my rucksack and hauled up mountains. This tripod fits the bill perfectly. It exudes quality, and has a lot of nice touches. The foam coverings on the legs make it comfortable to carry, even when very cold. The vertical tilt handle unscrews from the head and fits into the end of the pan & tilt handle for compact storage when not in use. Everything moves smoothly when you want it to, and then locks firmly into position when you want it to. The quick release platform fits easily to the base plate of the camera, and the whole assemblage then fits easily and snugly onto the tripod head. There are three positions/angles for the legs, although you won't be able to use the lowest of these unless you either buy the shorter centre column available as an accessory from Slik or shorten the one supplied with the tripod. (One of the many hack saws available on Amazon should do the job.) As an alternative, if you want the camera close to the ground for macro work, it is possible to reverse the centre column so that the camera is mounted underneath in stead of on top of it, though I don't know if this would be recommended by Slik. The leg tips are rubber (no spikes) and do not slip. Reviewers on other sites have commented that the leg lock levers are made of lightweight plastic that seems not to match the high quality materials used elsewhere. Well, they are made of plastic, but they are easy to use, lock the legs firmly into position, and look as though they will stand the test of time. If they don't, I'll let you know. All in all a great tripod, and at 1.58 kg (1.7 according to my kitchen scales) light enough to accompany me wherever I want to go. It does not come with a spirit level or carrying case, but I do not miss these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 26 Jun. 2010
Benjamin (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Slik Pro 330DX Complete Tripod (Accessory)
I choose this tripod after reading favourable press reviews, in its price range it stood out as the best.

I'm not disappointed. It's lightweight yet strong, the slender legs proving remarkable stable. They are easy to use, and while they can be set in any position, they lock into three set positions, one of which brings the tripod head very close to the ground at . The maximum usable height is 1.6m, and while the spec sets the minimum height at 51cm, it will in fact go down to 29cm by unscrewing the bottom half of the centre column. It is designed for equipments weighing up to 3kgs (6lbs 10oz)

The tripod is well made, all the mechanics having the feel of quality, with perhaps a couple of exceptions. One is the rather slight plastic clips that secure the leg extensions, they do not look as though they would stand up to rough handling; but they do have the convenience that when together the two clips on each leg can be operated as one. The other exception is the quick-release plate on the tripod head, in which there is some play, I would have liked a more solid fixing.

But all in all the tripod is a pleasure to use. With locking handles for both vertical tilt and pan-and-tilt, and a pan locking nut, sett the camera is easy. The pan head itself is surprisingly compact, and one thing I am particularly pleased about is that access the battery compartment on my Canon is not obstructed, I do not have to remove the camera from the tripod head to change the battery. The top section of the legs has a soft grip covering making it comfortable to carry, and the legs have non-slip rubber tips. For the price I think you will find it hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slik Pro 330 Tripod, 26 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Slik Pro 330DX Complete Tripod (Accessory)
This is a very good light - but not flimsy photographic tripod for a camera and its equipment weighing up to ten pounds. It can be opened to fit on the lumps and bumps one may find on a hillside or mountain and it is light enough to not be cumbersome when climbing mountains in order to take landscape photography. In this respect it was very good on Hellvelyn in the middle of a howling gale at the beginning of November (2010) with rain lashing sideways and, remaining stable, it prevented the camera from vibrating whilst atmospheric photographs where being taken with my Nikon Camera. Excellent value!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for use with camera & binoculars, 17 July 2014
Excellent product.
I use with my Panasonic DMC-G3 camera.
I also bought an "Opticron Tripod L Mount Standard Adaptor for Binoculars to 50mm" plus additional "Slik Q/R 6123 F.300,330,340,500" in order to use with my "Olympus DPS I Binoculars 8-16 x 40 - zoom".
This works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tripod, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Slik Pro 330DX Complete Tripod (Accessory)
I have had this for a while now and can not fault it. It's sturdy,well made and works well for all situations I have used it for including long exposure photography on a shingle beach. Construction is excellent and I can not see any reason it will not last for years to come

5.0 out of 5 stars slik tripod pro 330dx, 16 July 2011
This review is from: Slik Pro 330DX Complete Tripod (Accessory)
great tripod value for money, my canon 500d fits like a glove, well made will get years of use out of this.

Slik Pro 330DX Complete Tripod