5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly
This battery works perfectly and charges in the Canon charger without issue. I cannot find any difference between this and the original Canon. I've just ordered a second.
Published on 23 Aug. 2010 by J. KING

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big!
Published on 3 Feb. 2012 by Michael , Cheltenham

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big!, 3 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Duracell Rechargeable DRC4L Battery for Canon NB-4L Digital Camera (Accessory)
I purchased this battery as a replacement for a Canon NB-4L battery that fits an Canon Ixus 40 camera. At half the price of a Canon battery (but still two or three times more than the cheapest) and having a good brand seemed a reasonable compromise. Unfortunately, it was marginally thicker than the original and did not fit the battery compartment. The Ixus 40 is one of the cameras mentioned on the back of the Duracell packaging and, as the new battery appeared seemed to be gaping slightly at the join on the side, I returned it and ordered a new one. The replacement was again too thick! Great service from Amazon but very disappointed with the Duracell as they have been very good in the past. I am going to try one of the cheaper unbranded products as one of the reviewers had success with the same camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 23 Aug. 2010
J. KING (Dorset, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the manufacturers battery, 22 Oct. 2010
We bought this product as it was much cheaper than the original manufacturers battery and worth a try given Duracell's reputation. It is identical to the original Canon battery in every respect and fits in the charger supplied with the camera. I can see little advantage in paying more for the "genuine" battery when this is just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 21 Oct. 2010
A fraction of the price of the Canon original, I bought it because we were going on holiday. I put it in at the start of the week, took 200+ photos and never needed to change or charge the battery. It did what it said on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality alternative., 12 April 2011
P. Davies (U.K) - See all my reviews
I've used the Duracell NB-4L in my Canon Ixus 40 for the last few years and it still performs as expected, charges in the canon battery charger and lasts as long (if not longer) as the original Canon battery.
Very good value at less than half the price of the "official" battery.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very tight fit in the Ixus 220HS, 27 Jun. 2013
I bought this and the Energizer version. I've been pleased with the Energizers performance as I already own one, but I wanted to try a another brand.
I never got a change to fully test this battery as it is a poorly designed size.
I own a Cannon Ixus 220 HS, and while it goes in fine, coming out can be a hassle. With my camera, it was possible without damaging anything but others may not be so lucky.
Its a shame, because it screams out lack of any testing.
In regards to how the battery performs, it worked for a similar length of time to the Energizer.

So a warning to all who buy the battery, buy assuming it will be a very tight, and if that's okay, its a good battery, if not, buy the Energizer.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the original battery that came with the camera, 27 Jun. 2011
I have had this battery for a month and found it to work exactly the same as the Canon original. It fits well into the battery charger & the camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big., 19 Jan. 2012
Mr. J. G. Lingham (London) - See all my reviews
This battery is not suitable for the Canon Ixus 50, being slightly too big for the battery compartment. It can be charged in the Canon charger. It slides stiffly into the camera's battery compartment. The camera can operate. But when it comes time to remove it and charge it again you'll find that it's stuck. I had to ease it out with a darning needle, which damaged the casing. Pity, because it's around half the price of the Canon original. But if it isn't made to the same spec, it's pretty useless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vital Information About Product Missing!, 26 Jan. 2010
Kannah Vasishtan (St Albans, UK) - See all my reviews
The product information did not note the fact that this Duracell battery pack will not charge in the standard Cannon charger that comes with your camera. This sort of information is VITAL. I would not have purchased this product if this had been mentioned anywhere in product/techinical information.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does fit the Ixus 40!, 1 Oct. 2013
I hesitated on this item, as several people had mentioned that it barely fit the Ixus 40. I decided to try one (though I had wanted three), and it fits perfectly. No screwdrivers or other implement needed to pull it out, as some have said.

Perhaps it was just a bad batch, but to anyone hesitating about this, that has an Ixus 40, I can say that I have no problems with it at all, and I'm about to buy two more.