on 25 August 2010
I've had no problems with it so far, very tough. Has survived many beatings and bashings. I've been in the sea in it, got sand all over it, mud over it and it's still kicking and screaming.
The buttons are hard to press at first but you get used to it.
All in all an amazing watch for someone who knows it's going to come into contact with harsh substances and what not.
on 28 May 2009
I have had this watch for about 1 week now and so far, all i can say is - top watch. I really like the design, the reverse screen; white on black and the dark green colour have had many admiring comments from friends.
The functions are good and easy to use and the auto illuminate feature is a great touch.

Due to it not being a dull black it can be worn well with different outfits from sport to casual to formal.
on 10 October 2010
Casio G-SHOCK G-9000-3VER Mens Digital Watch

Well yet again Casio have come up trumps with this great rugged watch. it's many functions make it versatile but more important it can handle just about everything you can throw at it. Great black display makes it very tactical looking and multi function light modes mean you just turn your wrist to view watch and it illuminates for you. This feature can be disabled so no fear of battery drain. Numerous stopwatch & alarm functions and duel world time are a bonus. All clad in a dark green super tough shell not only does it do the job, but it looks good doing it. I do a lot of mountain biking and outdoor persuit's so I need a tough rugged watch, it has been put through it's paces already and still looks as good as new. At this price, Dont spend a penny more, Buy it now.....
on 1 September 2012
I have had 2 of these watches to date and eventually gave up and opted for a slightly different Mudman (more £££) GShock but I'm still suffering the same problems.

The watch is great, very rugged and oddly waterproof but what it isn't is 'moisture-proof'. I wear rugged watches because of the sports I do (as well as looking good) but this watch has struggled with temperature changes and steams up when used during exercise. I said it was oddly waterproof and by that I mean it was ok scuba-diving down to about 20m or so but as soon as I wore it mountain biking or while running it steamed up, making viewing the face almost impossible. I even had problems with moisture under the screen while driving with my arm out of the window.

A great watch (or watches) but the moisture issue spoils it.

UPDATE: Both my remaining Gshocks have the same moisture problem. They have both been professionally 'dried out' and I've even dried them out over a period of a couple of weeks but some some reason they retain moisture over time (even though they also remain very water-proof for diving etc).
on 21 September 2010
Great watch and fantastic price. The green colour is very dark, occasionally looks black. Well made and should take more punishment than I'll ever throw at it.

I have no issues with the negative display, nice and clear for me, even under poor indoor lighting.
on 26 December 2010
I wanted it for work as I am a joiner and outdoor activities. It's my first G-SHOCK Mudman Watch, it's caught my attention because it dust proof and it's had a nice dark green colour rather than having a common black one. It's is a bulky big watch but I can over come that because I have a wide wrist. It's a fantastic watch, very please with it. There nothing more to say, if you want a watch with shock, mud, dust proof. MUDMAN is the one to have! Recommended.
on 11 April 2013
This is my first G-Shock and my favorite watch so far.

Color:
From a distance it's so dark it looks almost black,
in very bright light it's mild green,
at normal light it's that cool dark military green.

Design:
Not the largest G-Shock face, so you'll love it if you have a "programmers' wrist" like I do.
The plastic housing is tricky, it looked cheap for me on some pictures,
but in live it's all different, you can feel the quality and the whole watch looks simply awesome with this color theme.
The bumps on the back are not annoying, you won't feel them as you would think.
They won't really hold the watch off your skin, instead while you move they'll let the space ventilate,
they're there probably to help the liquid flow out when it's wet.
The strap and all the plastic parts feel smooth.
The face has a shiny glass, the negative display is sharp and easy to read.
The backlight is pretty bright, it's visible even in daylight.

Buttons:
Yes, they are hard to press, but that's the sacrifice for the toughness.
Not sure if by time they won't get a bit softer. The function cycle button already feels softer to me.
Another strange thing that it feels easier to push them when the watch is on your wrist.

Extra functions:
It has auto lights, so you can set it to lit up when you turn the watch at your face.
Alarm with flash signal,
it won't flash as cool as the one with a white face but it's still a pretty nice feature.
World time, you can set it to display another time zone.

I think I answered all the crucial questions I had before the purchase,
It's the best entry level price/function G-Shock at the moment.
Go ahead and get yours!
on 15 May 2010
This is my second G-Shock watch, I used my previous one (from the very first G-Shock collection) hard for over 12 years until the strap fell apart. Since then I had a Rolex Daytona and some watch from Aldo, but on seeing some of the new G-shock watches I returned back to the fold.

This watch delivers everything fans of G-Shock have come to expect, ruggedness, cool design and excellent functionality.

I have now had the watch for over a year, in the past couple of months it has been seriously malfunctioning. It re sets it self back to its default setting after a couple of days and I have to punch in the dates/time etc all over again each time this happens. It will be going back to Casio to get it sorted. Looks like I was unlucky to get a dud one.
on 12 November 2010
i needed a watch as i go through straps like nothing on earth, this is due mainly to the amount of sport and general watch is unbelievable and i feel that there is nothing i can throw at it. the strap fits well and has a double pronged fastener. the watch does seem dark at first but it illuminates well when the light button is pressed.
all in all a fantastic watch that will suit the active individual.
on 15 February 2013
I chose this watch because of it's specifications.

Since I work outdoor every month of the year, using chainsaw ect. it is a criteria for me, that the watch is designed to withstand low temperatures, water, mud and everything else that a lumberjack would come in contact with.

Only downside for me, is the price. 4/5 is good, but not perfect.

In my line of work, I can only recommend this watch.