on 11 June 2012
We recently went to a friend's house and knowing it's my favourite hot drink he he invited me to taste the cappuccino from his Dolce Gusto coffee maker. I was smitten and the next day we bought one of the coffee makers. It came with 12 pods so we looked around for where to buy more. Naturally I checked out Amazon and eBay, my two main suppliers of almost everything but to my amazement I found that I could buy much cheaper at virtually all of the major supermarkets. For once the supermarkets have beaten both Amazon and eBay for a box of 16 pods costs £3.77. For any of the "white" coffees (and the sublime chocolate) you need 2 pods so a cup of really great hot drink at home costs nearly 50p a cup. Check prices before you buy. Also if you are looking to buy the Dolce Gusto machine you can find it in stores around £60.00.
on 10 May 2009
I am a fussy Guy.

I rarely drink home made coffe unless the person offering it has an expensive brand and way of making it. The Cappuccino from Dolce Gusto is excellent. I often stop at Costa or Nero's for a Cappuccino but I have now invested in the machine and pay £3.18 for a 8 pack from Tesco's each week. This works out around 40 pence a cup which if you compare to the cost of a Costa or Nero is good value with the bonus of having the coffee at home!

Don't listen to the one star review on here. If you like Cappuccino you'll like what the machine produces.
on 9 January 2009
Just bought one of these machines and the best coffee of the bunch is the Cappuchino. Its smooth sweet hot and has a beautiful full bodied expresso coffee in it. I highly reccomend it!
on 17 January 2013
wife loves this coffee as using the dolce machine she can make it to her exact liking and buying from amazon on buy and subscribe ensures we never run out and we save a great deal on supermarket prices with free very quick delivery its a no brainer way to buy.
on 11 January 2011
Just as good as any other Cappuccino you buy in coffee shops today, full of Flavour. Only down side is it only does 8 cups a box so need to keep stocking up on your capsules!!!
on 26 November 2010
I LOVE these pods (and so do all my friends so its costing me a fortune!). I have found though that you must use a smallish cup otherwise the pods dilute too much and taste a bit funny - but in a proper 210ml cup they taste fantastic! Only negative is they are quite expensive but are worth it.
on 5 January 2012
bought the coffee maker for my son for christmas and a selection of coffee pods to go with it,he loves it and the quality of the coffee
on 16 September 2011
wonderfull coffee great taste as usual cant wait to relax with a cup quick delivery items arrived very quickly and in good condition thanks
on 9 January 2013
My wife, my son and myself have been buying these from Amazon for some time now, we even get them on a monthly basis which saves us just over a pound or so. But the coffee itself is great, smooth, and full of flavour well worth trying, and buying if you havent allready. Easily reccomended.
on 3 May 2015
The coffee is great, but you need to do the maths here. Before buying, always get a calculator and work out the unit price per drink. Remember, with the cappuccinos and lattes, 1 box of 16 capsules is only 8 drinks. So, almost 50 pence per cup, or, if you drink 3 coffees a day, £44.00 a month. That's a lot to spend on coffee when a bag of ground coffee costs £3.99 and will probably last two weeks at least. There are apparent "discounts" on a certain auction sites where you buy 50 or 100 capsules at a time - but beware! I did the maths and it came out at 71 pence per cup.