VINE VOICEon 14 October 2008
I've owned one of these for a few years now and it's my principal laptop for work use. I have Windows XP and Office 2007 installed on it and it runs at a reasonable pace - it's not a high-end machine but then it's not a clunky sloth of a laptop either. The main issue with this is that the battery really doesn't hold charge very long - you basically need to keep it plugged in whenever you're using it. It's served me well and been all over the world with me and it's never failed me or crashed yet (touch wood!). The laptop is pretty large (15") and heavy but the keyboard itself is tiny, covering only 2/3rds of the available space, which can make it hard to type. The screen is well made and I have no dead pixels after 2 years still. If you're looking for a good, solid machine which you can use office-type applications on without any problems, this is a good choice. If you want something sleak and super-speedy, perhaps go for something a bit more recent.
on 19 April 2011
I have had this laptop for around 4 years now, and before that my dad had it for around 2 years. This laptop has never once let me down. I use it for programming and web design. The softwares I use on it are quite high performance softwares and even though all the software is on there and can be run at the same time, this machine still runs asif it is brand new, no crashes, no freezes, reasonable speed. Cons: The battery isnt the best battery, it will last around 1 hour when fully charged (at most). You may want to keep it plugged in if you are planning to use it for long periods.