5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really good
I work on submarines and so, although we do have some 3 pin sockets, it is very hard to charge ipods etc when i'm away and the sockets are in almost constant use. I take the power monkey (i actually have 2) and from them i am able to charge my ipod, my ipaq 5550 and my nokia (for when we get alogside). It's simply excellent, you require relatively little time on the...
Published on 28 Sep 2007 by Mighty Jock

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent
The Powertraveller customer services department is excellent. I should know, I've had so many dealings with them I know them all by name and voice. I bought my Powermonkey V1 in 2007 and I have now been through 4 failed units with the V2 being sent as the latest replacement. Device reliability is not a strong point as a quick search here and through the Net will...
Published on 26 Sep 2009 by JonnyD75

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC Product, 13 Jun 2008
P. Reehal (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Power Traveller Power Monkey - Universal Charger for all Mobile, PDA & iPod, 2200mAh (Electronics)
Folks this product is worth every penny and delivers. I foolishly bought the Recharge4 (now christened Ridiculous4) first time around. The original and replacement both back to Amazon. I'd of gained more satisfaction paying £9.99 to have my nose hairs pulled. BUT... I bought the PowerMonkey instead and it is awesome. Lightweight, loads of charge and with interchangeable international plug heads and an Alladins school rucksack of phone/Ipod charge heads it is just what I wanted. Really, really good and would recommend to anyone who, like me, travels a lot and loses all Ipod power with 3.5 minutes of my Ipod movie to go! Buy It.

1.0 out of 5 stars All mobile phones? - No!!, 8 Jun 2011
David Appleby - See all my reviews
I've seen a number of adverts for this & an HTC is often pictured. The HTC desire is a very popular phone. Is there an adapter for it? No! How irritating! I was hoping to just have the adapter, now I guess I have to use the USB and my normal lead. The whole point of buying this was to have a minimal amount of cable. Amazon sell a retractable lead but no simple adapter - Arrrrgggghhhhhhh!

5.0 out of 5 stars About the mains adaptor, 13 Nov 2008
I bought a powermonkey for a transatlantic flight and didn't need to use it in the end, but I did use the universal mains adaptor in the US to charge, not the monkey itself, but my ipod, two brands of mobile phone, and, having bought and additional connector tip, my Nintendo DS, so I didn't have to carry any extra mains adaptors! I can't comment on the efficacy of the monkey itself, but I consider it worth getting for the mains adaptor alone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping my iPhone going longer..., 17 Jan 2011
J. Tyrrell (UK) - See all my reviews
Comes with iPhone connector and found it great to allow me to watch video on train when my iPhone 3GS battery was nearly dead - it charged the phone and allowed me to watch the video at the same time. I have also used it when out and realised iPhone battery was nearly dead - small enough to leave connected in a coat pocket and charges up iPhone whilst on the move. Note that you do need to keep an eye on it so that you ensure you disconnect it when iPhone is fully charged, else you find the Power Monkey keeps discharging and your iPhone then starts discharging again when the Power Monkey battery is dead. It has got me out of scrapes where a dead iPhone battery would have left me stranded. I liked it so much, I bought my Wife one when she got here iPhone and she finds it great too as she often forgets to keep her iPhone charged. We have used it to charge other devices too as it comes with lots of power cable tips, including one you can plug a standard USB cable into i.e. one you may already have with your device for connecting to standard USB ports for charging. Also came with a retractable cable to allow you to charge the Power Monkey from a USB port as an alternative to charging using the included mains adapter. Comes with a little fabric bag so you can just keep the Power Monkey and the tips/cable you regularly use together in one place for carrying around. Seems to keep its charge for a long time without the need to keep topping it up. You obviously need to top it up if you use it to charge a device (seems to only really do one top-up charge of an iPhone) but generally just carrying it around in case of an emergency does not seem to make it lose its charge much. One extra hint - ensure you keep it switched off when not in use as the act of leaving it switched on (even when not connected to anything) with the flashing LED can discharge the Power Monkey - I did this once and got caught out! So as long as you use it carefully (hence 4 stars and not 5, as it is not completely foolproof), I have found it works well and would recommend it to others. I hope these ramblings are of some use to others contemplating buying one to charge their iPhone :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, 18 Dec 2010
Although the delivery of the product was quick, unfortunately it doesn't work. Having now looked at reviews of other Powermonkey products, this is quite common. The unit I received was different to the one on Amazon, and also different to the one pictured on the box. I wasn't happy that although described as having a BlackBerry connector, it won't fit my BlackBerry bold, which makes it useless for me. A smaller gripe is that although it does have an on/off switch, it doesn't say which is which, and as the instructions describe a slightly different product it's tricky to work out what to do. My biggest problem with it however is that it just doesn't work...nothing happens when you turn it on. I'm going to return it and based on other reviews I won't bother geting another one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Monkey see, Monkey do, this is a load of poo., 29 Nov 2010
I've owned three seperate 'Power Traveller' products. Two 'Chimps' and one 'Powermonkey'. Here, I'll review the Powermonkey Classic, although read the same for the Chimps.

Nothing I have ever bought from Power Traveller has ever worked properly and when it has, not for long. Like was mentioned in a previous review, the customer service team are as nice as pie and very obliging. They replaced the faulty one and sent me a new one. However, this replacement one just died, just outside of warranty and after only a handful of uses (it's an emergency charger, right?). They offered to sell me just the unit with no tips at a discounted price. I politely refused and threw the thing in the bin....also, in the few times it did work, the thing's battery is supposed to be double the capacity of my phone's battery. If my phone's battery was empty and I used the Monkey to charge it, it would be flashing red (i.e. running out of charge) just as my phone was showing full.

Yeah, I'm done with Power Traveller products now and am just going to buy a spare battery for my phone instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Zen & Nokie N95, 16 Aug 2008
J. Stockman (UK) - See all my reviews
I got this as a power charger solution mainly for my Creative Zen Vision M 30gb. Like a lot of things, finding accessories for the creatives is difficult since the market is swamped with ipods and everything seems to be geared towards these.

The powermonkey comes with an adapter for the zen, but it doesnt work due to not enough pins being present so this leads me to believe that adapter is to charge an ipod.

The accessories do include one which fits the sync adapter of the creative zen vision M (the white thing you use to charge it from mains) so it does work - so for those with the same mp3 player as me - this will work for it, you just need to carry the adapter around as the flat adapter doesnt have enough pins.

the other adapters seem to fit everything else and it charges up my nokia n95 just fine. Quite a handy piece of kit to have - and it has more plug adapters than you can shake a stick at.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy one! they're fab!, 14 Aug 2008
I leave mine in my handbag... it's quite light and fairly compact (...well my handbag is quite cavernous...) but it means I can quickly and easily charge up my phone en route. How often have you grabbed your phone and dashed out the door whilst sending your pals a text to say that you're on your way but not to bother calling you as your phone is about to die? oh, just me? well anyway, now i just grab my power monkey too!
Also v handy on business trips - I just take my power monkey and its charger rather than a charger for my personal phone, and a charger for my pda.
it's been a godsend for my boss who uses his pda so much that he generally runs the battery down if he's out of the office all day. with said "singe de pouvoir" he can now recharge whilst he's out and about.
I've yet to order myself an adaptor for a Creative Zen mp3 player which I think will just be a few pounds - there is such a massive choice of adaptors provided (but I did check to see that my phones were compatible with the adaptors - but I cannot find the link now - apologies - pretty sure it was on the power monkey website somewhere.
Planning to get one for 65 year old mother who hasn't quite grasped the concept of charging mobile phones - powermonkey is v simple to use.
In fact, I've become pretty evangelical about them - really should ask the manufacturers for some commission!

5.0 out of 5 stars AmazonAndy Does Turkey!!! Sponsored my Power Monkey!!!, 8 July 2007
A. Pounder "AmazonAndy" (Hartlepool, Cleveland) - See all my reviews
I literally stumbled across the Power Monkey when looking for a travel charger for my iPod Nano, and REALLY can't believe how useful it is - you don't even a socket to charge up your iPod!!!

BEFORE READING ANY FURTHER - IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR CHARGER FOR A MOBILE PHONE OR MP3 PLAYER - BUY A POWER MONKEY!!! I CAN'T RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH!!!

It's been a full 10 years since I've had a decent holiday abroad - I didn't even have a mobile phone the last time I was on holiday!!! I didn't realise how I dependent I am on chargers!!! I was looking at having to buy at least 3 separate travel chargers and take them all on holiday - either that or take my Laptop with me on holiday (just to use as a battery charger)!!!

I also took my Sony Ericsson W850i and my Palm Z22 on holiday with me - a little bit of overkill I know (2 MP3 Players - the phone was literally for emergencies only), but I only needed the one charger for all 3 devices and that's the charger for the Power Monkey.

Once the Power Monkey's charged up, all you need to do is stick in your pocket, along with whatever adaptors you need. You can charge up your iPod or mobile phone on the train, by the pool, on the beach, in the middle of shopping centre or even at the airport!!!

The Power Monkey is so versatile you can even charge it off a USB port!!!

BUY A POWER MONKEY - EVEN IF IT SOUNDS LIKE A KID'S ACTION FIGURE (IT EVEN COMES WITH ACCESSORIES)!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Powerless monkey!, 16 Dec 2012
Great idea but dodgy product.

I had to send the first one back as it wouldn't charge. It was replaced with no problem but the replacement had a broken mp3 player fitment. The seller gave me a number to ring (they didn't do replacement parts) and a nice girl said to email a photo of the broken bit and she'd send another. I'm still waiting for that.

And now the iPod charger head isn't working properly, like there's a loose connection or something. So I'll have to send it back yet again, paying more postage.

I'm off to Sainsbury's where there are much cheaper versions.

EDIT: I contacted the seller again but they wouldn't give me a refund, said I'd had it over 3 months, and gave me an email address to contact, again, for spare parts. Which I did. I'm still waiting for the spare parts.

Don't buy this rubbish.