5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really good
I work on submarines and so, although we do have some 3 pin sockets, it is very hard to charge ipods etc when i'm away and the sockets are in almost constant use. I take the power monkey (i actually have 2) and from them i am able to charge my ipod, my ipaq 5550 and my nokia (for when we get alogside). It's simply excellent, you require relatively little time on the...
Published on 28 Sept. 2007 by Mighty Jock

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent
The Powertraveller customer services department is excellent. I should know, I've had so many dealings with them I know them all by name and voice. I bought my Powermonkey V1 in 2007 and I have now been through 4 failed units with the V2 being sent as the latest replacement. Device reliability is not a strong point as a quick search here and through the Net will...
Published on 26 Sept. 2009 by JonnyD75

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Marvel, 8 May 2010
This review is from: Power Traveller Power Monkey - Universal Charger for all Mobile, PDA & iPod, 2200mAh (Electronics)
Does exactly what it says on the packet
Easy on the pocket
Plug into a socket
Works like a charm

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective Monkey, 16 April 2010
the Monkey arrived partially charged (the literature says 60-65% charged),... so I'd had the monkey about 3 days then I had reason to use it to charge my dead Sony Mobile phone. Which the Monkey did perfectly well and dug me out of a hole. The Monkey was thus disharged. I took the monkey home and attempted to charge it. But alas it would not recharge no red or green lights lit up. Nothing. So I contacted the seller and arranged to send it back - and I got a full refund inc return postage within days. The seller had no more Monkeys in stock so my experience of the Monkey was short and sweet. (as an aside at least 4 of my work colleagues have the Monkey and LOVE it!) Maybe I'll try buying another soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Mar. 2015
it can't charge my iPhone 6 plus, but its still there in my drawer for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Dec. 2014
Handy gadget for my trip to India and regular camping trips

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough for me, 25 Oct. 2014
Useless little thing, cannot handle basic required charge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Power Traveller Monkey, 4 April 2009
Mr. R. Archer (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Power Traveller Power Monkey - Universal Charger for all Mobile, PDA & iPod

I found this Monkey will only last 3 hours powering my Sat Nav and on an initial 'bench test' it did not last overnight to power my ipod touch. However it seems a neat bit of kit as a back up.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 28 Mar. 2015
stop holding a charge after a year or so

1.0 out of 5 stars IPOD KILLER!, 22 Aug. 2009
C. Scott (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I found the correct ipod tip in the supplied pack and plugged the ipod into the charged power monkey. The ipod started to charge for a few seconds and then the ipod screen went blank. I have not been able to turn my ipod on since! I tried to reset it, plug it into the mains etc all to no avail. The power monkey killed my much loved ipod! I have not tried the power monkey with anything else ( and dont intend to try!) I have emailed PowerTraveller, the makers of power monkey, but havnt had a reply yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as versatile as advertised!, 26 Nov. 2008
G. N. Bacon (Beds UK) - See all my reviews
Just purchased the Power Monkey and discovered that the mini-usb supplied does NOT fit the Motorola Razr V series as advertised. Owners thinking of this unit BE AWARE!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 May 2013
This was a great device for about one year when it could and did contain enough charge to recharge an iphone from 20% at least twice before needing to be plugged in to be recharged. During the last 6 months it has lost power and its ability to retain its charge to the point where it can only provide about 5% of recharging for an iPhone before it needs to be recharged for about 2 hours.
Basically a great idea but very poor execution.

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 | Next ›