Published on 13 Jun 2011 by B J McQueen

Published on 29 Feb 2012 by Crookedmouth

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't pooed for three days since first listening to this record, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
I was persuaded to purchase this record by my best friend Abdullah on the basis that it had cured his asthma. The story went that Abdullah had become more and more breathless as the album raged on, until finally during the penultimate track 'I've Had The Time Of My Life' Abdullah quite involuntarily let out a harrowing scream of pleasure and collapsed in a frenzy of fluid. From the moment Abdullah awoke in hospital it was discovered that his chronic asthma had completely subsided, leaving him with lungs 'comparible to that of a 2 year old dolphin' according to the duty nurse.

On listening to the album myself, I am inclined to believe Abdullah's story. I had barely made it through the intitial 30 seconds of 'a Whole new World' before I was forced to pause the record and take a shower. I had sweated so much that my many tattoos had faded to nothing and my hair had bleached itself white.

The impact this record will have on our world is comparible only to penicillin. Katie has the voice of a young Marvin Gaye, whilst Peter sounds like the smell of a new born baby. Separately, they are peerless - together, they are what an orgasm would look like if it were human.

If you are yet to listen to this record, you may as well be dead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Devastated, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
This album is a testament to love's young dream. Still devastated by their split and I have not been able to achieve an erection since the news.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant classic, 19 Feb 2009
Chris Kelly (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
This is a work of such beauty, i cried and shat at the same time the first time i heard it.

God bless you Katie and Peter

1.0 out of 5 stars Whenever someone buys this, a kitten dies under the wheels of a Norbert Dentressangle lorry, 29 Feb 2012
Crookedmouth ":-/" (As seen on iPlayer) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
You know that thing that small dogs do? You know - they spread their back legs, hunker down and drag themselves across the floor with their front legs? Why do they do that? What are they trying to achieve? Do they like it? They give every indication of enjoyment - great big grin, tail wagging like a good 'un, tongue hanging out and so-on. It must have it's attractions so, in the spirit of scientific endeavour I thought I'd give it a go and see what all the fuss is about.

Well, it wasn't any fun at all, I can tell you. By gum it hurt. Admittedly our dining room is floored with a great big coir mat and it did chafe somewhat. Perhaps I should have left my underpants on. Our dinner guests weren't particularly impressed either, Mrs Hughes from next door left nearly all of her prawn cocktail and Rabbi Weitz made his excuses before dessert. But I digress. Can you imagine the sheer agony of dragging your gentlemen's parts across a coconut fibre mat? The excruciating pain as your wife gently tweezes out the splinters that have embedded themselves in the top of your "chap"? The throbbing rawness that persists around the bishop's hat for days, nay! weeks after the experience? What I'm trying to say is that it was possibly the most painful thing I have ever experienced.

Until I heard this album.

Now, where did I leave my cheese grater?

5.0 out of 5 stars Danger, Careful Now., 12 May 2009
Mrs. Valerie Sim "Valerie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
It is hard to believe that a couple of self-indulgent, plactercine people like Ken and Barbi could produce something this powerful. However, I am in shock.

Although I had no intention of ever buying this album its powers transcend normal music. Last week my family and I walked past a charity shop that had a copy of it in the window. Although we only passed within a few feet of it I developed an instant bright tan, my daughter's mouth shrunk to the size of a peanut and my wife fell pregnant! I am less happy that my two sons began crying inconsolably, we are suing the shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars I once could see, but now am blind, 16 April 2012
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
In anticipation of this records momentous and triumphant release, I purposefully blinded myself in order to heighten my sense of hearing, and thereby enjoy every well placed note and haunting melody of this inordinately beautiful album all the more.

To this day, I have no regrets.

Breathtaking sunsets, sun kissed beaches, stunning mountain vistas, and even the smiling faces of my own small children simply cannot compare to this work of modern musical genius, easily comparable to, if not surpassing - in their pure, unbridled genius - any work of Mozart, or even the SpongeBob Squarepants theme tune.
This record truly is an unexpected oasis of love and talent, shimmering defiantly in an arid desert of blasé pop.

After my (excruciatingly painful) blinding, the first thing I trained my Guide Dog to do was locate, load and play this album.
This took two weeks to perfect, and during that time I forwent food, water and sleep; surviving only on the wholesome nourishment for the soul that this record provides.

Occasionally, in the dark, brief span of silence between tracks, I feel a crushing heartache induced by the knowledge that I'll never love anything or anyone as much as I love this record.
This searing sorrow is eclipsed, however, by the pity I feel for anyone who hasn't yet heard this superlative album, and who hasn't basked in the undying love that Katie and Pete have for each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars STUNNING!, 2 Feb 2009
R. C. Murray - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
If you can imagine a soothing blend of jojoba oils, vanilla, and WD40 being poured into both ear holes simultaneously, then you will have only been able to scratch the surface of the feast of pleasure that is Katie And Pete's "A Whole New World" Album. Similar in it's ambition to Wagner's "ring cycle" but less German, "A Whole New World" is one of the best sound combinations that has ever been recorded. I also found the case very useful for replacing a tile that had been missing in my bathroom for the past two and a half years. A TRIUMPH!
*ESPECIALLY SUITABLE FOR THOSE WITH TILED BATHROOMS*

1.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat troubling, 2 Dec 2009
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
I didn't know these two artists previously, and bought this album on the strength of the many excellent reviews. I've been suffering from a protracted bout of constipation and thought that this album might help me with my problem. I have to say that it was of no help at all. In fact I found the whole thing a difficult listen and, if truth be told, somewhat troubling. I listened to it twice but instead of the release I had hoped for all I was left with was a profound sense of world-weariness. I did break wind lightly during "Islands in the Stream" however so perhaps that's something. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the most important discovery since Pencillin, 26 May 2010
M. D. Anderiesz (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
I bought this album for my Fiancee's 25th birthday and I know she was greatly looking forward to it. However, a few days later, she suffered a brain hemmorage and was rushed to hospital. For many days she lay in a coma and I feared the worst. And then, late one night, I began playing this album to her and the moment she heard Katie Price's amazing voice her eyes began to flutter. By the end of track 3 she was sitting upright in bed, tossing her hair - and by track 5 we were making love like wild stallions. Needless to say, for both of us, this timeless and extraordinary album is little short of a miracle!

PS: Since writing this review, I have learned that my fiancee DID listen to the album many weeks before and this may, in fact, have caused her brain to nearly explode. However, this has done nothing to reduce my admiration for Ms Price and I look forward to her next album - 'Songs for Cross Dressing Cage Fighters' - with great relish!

5.0 out of 5 stars It had to happen, 16 Sep 2009
Straightforward (Twickenham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Whole New World (Audio CD)
With hindsight it is plain to see that the effort expended in creating this wonderful record exhausted the reservoirs of love within these twinned laureates.

Now the world enters into a period of mourning, a time of grief, an evaluation of loss. We as mortal humans know that everything must come to an end, but when something as beautiful as the love that these two shared so publicly is lost, it can be easy to turn inwards, to forget that as Wendy Craig so memorably crooned, 'Love is like a Butterfly'. Not all things can last forever -- some things are just too beautiful, too delicate to survive for long

And in the bleak times that surely follow, we can no longer rely on these star-crossed lovers to brighten our ordinary non-celebrity lives - but we still have the things that they left behind.

This record stands for something beyond music - it is a totem of innocent love before it was broken. It is a reminder of how we all felt when we first fell in love.

We still use it in the Accident and Emergency ward at work as an alternative anaesthetic; it's cheap, and it renders the unsuspecting patient motionless and numbed. Thankyou Peter and Katie. For everything.

A Whole New World
A Whole New World by Katie Price and Peter Andre (Audio CD - 2006)